X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Baseball Guru
    • Aug 2002

Keeper League dilema

Ok, I'm in a keeper league and I need some suggestions because I have 8 guys I am considering but can only keep 5...

Peralta-SS
    Manny R.-OF
    Sizemore-OF
    A. Jones-OF
    Helton-1B
    A. Ramirez-3B
    P. Martinez-SP
    Fr. Rodriguez-CL

Ok, definitely keeping Manny and am leaning towards keeping Peralta, since he is one of the best SS out there as well as A Ramirez because I consider him, when healthy one of the better 3B... I am also thinking of keeping Rodriguez since he is one of the best closers...

It is a 12 team league with the following catagories:
    R, H, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

Any suggestions?
    "There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit.
    ~~Al Gallagher

God Bless America!

Click here to see my baseball tribute site!

Click here to see the best pitcher NOT in the HOF!

sigpic
  • arneolson
    • Mar 2006

Manny is a no-brainer. I'd keep Peralta and Ramirez too, due to position scarcity. I'd probably keep Helton too, because he's a lock to put up some big numbers in Coors, though I might think about keeping Andruw instead if you need a CF instead of just three OF. K-Rod is lower-risk than Pedro, and you can probably get Pedro back cheaper because I think he's actually a bit underrated these days.

HTH,

Arne

Comment

• TheKingofKings
      KJ
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Baseball Guru
      Ok, I'm in a keeper league and I need some suggestions because I have 8 guys I am considering but can only keep 5...

Peralta-SS
      Manny R.-OF
      Sizemore-OF
      A. Jones-OF
      Helton-1B
      A. Ramirez-3B
      P. Martinez-SP
      Fr. Rodriguez-CL

Ok, definitely keeping Manny and am leaning towards keeping Peralta, since he is one of the best SS out there as well as A Ramirez because I consider him, when healthy one of the better 3B... I am also thinking of keeping Rodriguez since he is one of the best closers...

It is a 12 team league with the following catagories:
      R, H, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

Any suggestions?
      Keep the Following :

-Man Ram OF
      -Peralta SS
      -A Ram 3B
      -K Rod RP/CL
      -Andruw Jones OF

Comment

• Baseball Guru
        • Aug 2002

Thanks for the suggestions
        "There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit.
        ~~Al Gallagher

God Bless America!

Click here to see my baseball tribute site!

Click here to see the best pitcher NOT in the HOF!

sigpic

Comment

• AznInvasion
          For the love of the game
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by whosyourpapi
          Keep the Following :

-Man Ram OF
          -Peralta SS
          -A Ram 3B
          -K Rod RP/CL
          -Andruw Jones OF
          I completely agree with most of your picks papi. You might consider takin helton or sizemore over A Ram though. You never know when he'll get hurt but A Ram is still good for his position.
          4th Member of the Peter Moylan Fan Club!!!! :gt

Creator of the Guess The Player Game
          http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=63675

Comment

• BadKarma
            Mets in '06
            • Mar 2006

I would definately keep A Ram. I seriously doubt you would be able to pick up a comparable 3b through the draft with 6 keepers per team. Injury risk or not, he is still one of the best at a scarce position. I also agree with the other choices given by Papi.
            "It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball. I did it in one afternoon playing golf." - Hank Aaron

Comment

• digglahhh
              Pedrophile/Food Metaphor
              • Aug 2005

I'm not a huge Andruw Jones fan. He is an OBP liability and doesn't steal bases. Even with knocking himself in 51 times he did not manage to score 100 runs last season, he is not big contributor in Hits either, despite not walking much, so its not like he makes up for it with the OBP. Grady contributes in more categories, including the most scarce, SB.

You have to assume that Jones had his career year last season. Instead of being blinded but an unrealistic expectation that he'll do it again. I would suggest to let somebody else blow fall victim to drooling over last years stats and blow their first pick on him rather than allowing somebody to reap the benefits of Grady Sizemore silpping and perhaps becoming the best value pick in the draft.

Just my opinion.
              THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT COME WITH A SCORECARD

In the avy: AZ - Doe or Die

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X