Help on MVP 05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on MVP 05

I used to play '04 and belted a ton of home runs and then I switched to '05 after Christmas and I am unable to belt many home runs. I have a created guy with 99 power both sides of the plate and the game tuning is on 50 power and I've played 70 games and have about 29 hoem runs. In '04 I had People like Aramis Ramirez and Manny RAmirez with like 50 home runs. Can anybody offer me tips?
    "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
    -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Yeah. Go back to '04. I had the same problem (although I didn't cheat, I used the players I got, although I was known to turn fair trades and budgets off and trade bad players for guys like Manny, A-Rod, Pujols, et cetera). Maybe it was because I switched from PC to PS2 and I never was too good at MVP for the PS2...

Comment

It may sound harsh, but maybe you arent just very good at the 2005 version.

I play on the hardest setting with the power set to 0 and I have no trouble hitting Hr's.
      Hey umpire, he's got a horse in his pocket!!

Comment

Cubsfan97, what version are you playing? If you are using the PC version, go to http://mvpmods.com/ and get yourself a good datafile. You can hit homers, you just need to make some adjustments for your palying style.
        George Brett said it:

“If a tie is like kissing your sister, losing is like kissing you grandmother with her teeth out.”

“Even today, if the Royals win six games all year, if they're going to go 6-156, I hope they beat the Yankees six times.”

“A woman will be elected President before Wade Boggs is called out on strikes. I guarantee that.”

“If I stay healthy, I have a chance to collect 3,000 hits and 1,000 errors.”

Comment

i've noticed that each version of a game, (as in year wise) there's always a trick to it....like from 04 to 06 for NCAA the juking doesnt work as good, so you use spin move more often
          Southlake Carroll Dragons Football
          National Champs '04, '05, '06
          State Champs '88, '92, '93, '02, '04, '05, '06

Comment

i haven't played mine in a while because i screwed it up...oops. but you have to have good timing to hit home runs...it's much harder than 2003 which i have. if you have it for playstation 2 it's everything relies on where you move your left analog stick, the position of the pitch, and timing. if you can guess right with the analog stick your chances of hitting a homer goes way up. is there not going to be a 2006 version? i haven't seen anything about it...and if not what other good ones are coming out for 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaliber
              It may sound harsh, but maybe you arent just very good at the 2005 version.

I play on the hardest setting with the power set to 0 and I have no trouble hitting Hr's.
              I agree partly. Im not good at Power but my team BA is like .362. After thinking bout it thoguh I prefer the average than the HRs. I also have it for Xbox.
              "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
              -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
              -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

Mvp 2005 How To Use Rosters In Ex-mode From Dynasty.?

Hello Everyone,,,little Way To Save Some Money,,,dont Buy The New 2k6 Baseball Game For Xbox,,,its So Bad,,i Though I Was A Joke,,,so I Returned It The Same Day,,,and Kept My 2005,,,and I Just Started To Update The Rosters By Trading Etc,,,,im Pretty Close Now For It Being Right On With All The 2006 Teams,,,but Heres My Problem,,,my Dynasty Mode Is All Updated,,,and Its Saved As Dynasty 1...and When Im In Exebition Mode,,,id Like To Play A Game With All The Same Setting I Have Saved In Dynasty Mode,,,but I Cant Figure Out How To Load My Dynasty Mode Rosters Into The Exebtion Mode Rosters,,,,,?....if Anyone Out There Knows How This Can Be Done,,please Let Me Know,,,,id Appreciate It,,,,thanks,,,,john...

Comment

Originally posted by Cubsfan97
                  I used to play '04 and belted a ton of home runs and then I switched to '05 after Christmas and I am unable to belt many home runs. I have a created guy with 99 power both sides of the plate and the game tuning is on 50 power and I've played 70 games and have about 29 hoem runs. In '04 I had People like Aramis Ramirez and Manny RAmirez with like 50 home runs. Can anybody offer me tips?
                  With certain hitters you want to keep the left analog stick held up in a diagnal position while the pitch is on it's way. Keep it held there, and cutoff the outer half of the plate before you have two strikes. If you get ahead in the count, you're bound to get a good pitch to jack. With two strikes, still hold the analog stick up at a diagnal position, but you gotta expand the zone and be ready to quickly rotate it up and around for an outside pitch. The key is having the hitters eye on, and knowing what that pitcher has in his repetoire. By clicking down the left analog stick it'll show you his pitches. Also, you gotta master the art of check swinging, especially against pitcher that throw gas. Gotta be able to hold up your swing. Pretty sure the plate discipline attribute determines how easily a hitter is able to check his swing.
                  Last edited by Sultan_1895-1948; 04-29-2006, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hueyshuey
                    Hello Everyone,,,little Way To Save Some Money,,,dont Buy The New 2k6 Baseball Game For Xbox,,,its So Bad,,i Though I Was A Joke,,,so I Returned It The Same Day,,,and Kept My 2005,,,and I Just Started To Update The Rosters By Trading Etc,,,,im Pretty Close Now For It Being Right On With All The 2006 Teams,,,but Heres My Problem,,,my Dynasty Mode Is All Updated,,,and Its Saved As Dynasty 1...and When Im In Exebition Mode,,,id Like To Play A Game With All The Same Setting I Have Saved In Dynasty Mode,,,but I Cant Figure Out How To Load My Dynasty Mode Rosters Into The Exebtion Mode Rosters,,,,,?....if Anyone Out There Knows How This Can Be Done,,please Let Me Know,,,,id Appreciate It,,,,thanks,,,,john...
                    Unfortunately that's not possible.

I take that back, it can be done, but it's a one way street. You can start from scratch and create your own team with legends and by making trades with other teams, by going to the "manage rosters" section. Save that roster, then you can load it, and go into owner or dynasty mode and use it. Once you're in owner/dynasty and you've made changes to your rosters in there, you cannot save just the roster; you can only save the whole franchise/dynasty file.

As far as exhibitions, same thing.
                    Last edited by Sultan_1895-1948; 04-30-2006, 11:38 PM.

Comment

You can save the rosters so you can use them outside of your dynasty, owner mode...You wont be able to export the roster, you will have to do whatever you did all over again....and then there is a "Save Roster" link, click on it and you can save the rosters. everytime you go into dynasty mode, owner mode, or restart the game, they will reset, so just save them everytime after these situations, and you will always have your rosters...i did this with my rosters....

Comment

Some skills I have mastered to become a fearsome power hitter in MVP '05:

You have to sense when the pitcher is a little wild. As soon as I get the sense that the pitcher is not throwing me strikes I start taking pitches until there are two strikes and reacting (swinging) before 2 strikes only if the pitcher makes an obvious mistake or if he throws me a change-up up in the zone, which leads me to tip number two:

If you play with the batter's eye on, swing your hardest and use an uppercut swing when you see green and the pitch is up but a strike. It is really REALLy easy to hit for power off change-ups up in the zone. That's my bread and butter.

I'm into 2007 in my dynasty (Seattle Mariners, but fantasy drafted), playing out every game (no simming here thank you)...my 2006 line-up did this as far as HRs:

2B) Jackie Robinson - 31 HR (104 SB)
                        RF) Carl Crawford - 22 (148 SB)
                        SS) Honus Wagner - 67 (112 SB)
                        DH) Justin Morneau - 49
                        3B) Mike Schmidt - 48
                        1B) Mark Teixeira - 32
                        LF) Wily Mo Pena - 59 (but he only hit .249)
                        C) Michael Barrett/Miguel Olivo (they're a GREAT platoon in this game) - 55
                        CF) Mark Kotsay - 14 (82 SB)

For some reason I've had trouble hitting as Kotsay...I think he doesn't do so well with my uppercut swings and pull-happiness.

Comment

Here's the trick to hitting homeruns, its a real time hitting strategy in this game, so it means you have to move the stick in teh right direction to either pull a ball, hit it to the opposite field, ground ball, fly ball etc. I have no problem hitting homeruns, it really just takes some time to get the whole real time swing thing down.

Comment

hey I found a trick, you can rain out any game! just keep on pressing play next then back over and over until it rains out! If you do it at an away series with a home series vs them comming up, you get an extra home game!

I always have a hard time with a high BA or SB. Jeter hit like 260 with 4 SB :o

BUT 40 Hrs Sheffield got like 60 and Arod got like 56! Im good at the Bombs.

Ive been working on the sliders in the game and I changed User delay steal speed to -10 and steal speed to 5 and slowed down the CPU because I can NEVER get them out when they try to steal.

I cant climb the wall for a HR but I can jump and dive really well for the ball.

I could never Climb the wall in ASB 05 either.
                            LETS GO YANKEES!

Comment

Originally posted by Go Gomes
                              Here's the trick to hitting homeruns, its a real time hitting strategy in this game, so it means you have to move the stick in teh right direction to either pull a ball, hit it to the opposite field, ground ball, fly ball etc. I have no problem hitting homeruns, it really just takes some time to get the whole real time swing thing down.
                              Easiest way to hit home runs is to hold the analog stick up and to the left (for a righty) before the pitch even comes, and adjust up and around from there as needed, for an outside pitch.

Originally posted by SABR Matt
                              playing out every game (no simming here thank you)
                              My man! Same here. Last season was all on all-star mode and this year is all on MVP mode.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X