No announcement yet.

The Show: The Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the Rookie level, you just guess the pitch by hitting R2. In the higher levels, you need to guess the location and pitch.
    GOT ALBERT?
    St. Louis Cardinals BBFTG Website
    http://www.freewebs.com/bbftg6/

Comment

I waited and saw all of the different views. I also heard the announcement about the people being taken to trial if they are on their cell phones. The crowd started chanting "Boring" after a while.
      GOT ALBERT?

Comment

I am having a hard time stealing bases. How o you steal second without getting picked off?

Comment

Dang, I am still playing last year's MLB 2006 h Looks like it's time to upgrade. Did any of you guys play last years version? If so, is the newer one drastically better?
          "It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball. I did it in one afternoon playing golf." - Hank Aaron

Comment

I also played last years. The graphics are a little better, but the batting stances are the exact same. The stadium graphics are better. There is an added mini game, King f the Diamond, that is a lot of fun. There are some other added options that make the game a lot better than the previous year.
            GOT ALBERT?

Comment

Why would the computer take out their starting pitcher in the fourth inning, up 5-1, just to get a righty-righty matchup with 2 on and 2 out?

Comment

Originally posted by rainout
                Why would the computer take out their starting pitcher in the fourth inning, up 5-1, just to get a righty-righty matchup with 2 on and 2 out?
                Stamina? Was he starting on less than 5 days rest? Low confidence? Low ENG (energy) bar?

You were definitely not playing the Cubs, and Dumbas Dusty Baker leaves his guys in until their arms fall off!!
                "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

Originally posted by StanTheMan
                  Stamina? Was he starting on less than 5 days rest? Low confidence? Low ENG (energy) bar?

You were definitely not playing the Cubs, and Dumbas Dusty Baker leaves his guys in until their arms fall off!!
                  It was Cliff Lee of the Indians. I don't think he was any tireder than he should have been normally.

It's also kind of hard to get the hang of throwing sliders or splitters in the dirt with 2 strikes. No matter who the catchern is he always has a really hard time with those.

Comment

Originally posted by BadKarma
                    Dang, I am still playing last year's MLB 2006 h Looks like it's time to upgrade. Did any of you guys play last years version? If so, is the newer one drastically better?
                    Drastically and Fabulously Fantastic

Comment

Sweet, just picked up this year's edition today Will report back on thoughts after checking it out for a bit.
                      "It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball. I did it in one afternoon playing golf." - Hank Aaron

Comment

Ok, I unlocked some of the Cooperstown Legends...How do you actually get to play as these guys? I also unlocked the Polo Grounds and promptly set up a HR Derby there Having 450-460 foot pop flies to CF and the Power alleys is funny. If there would have been some relievers warming up in the pens, I would have nailed a couple. Mark Teixera wound up winning my first HR Derby there, but Griffey hit the longest HR at 436 feet to Right-Center. Like Stan's son, I am now on a mission to hit one out of CF there. I am enjoying this years version a lot better then last year's so far. I just need to figure out how to use my unlocked Legends.

Comment

Cooperstown Legends

To use the legends.....

First load your profile. (the same one you bought the legends with in the first place)

Then go to the Rosters, and choose "Player Movement" I think. If your profile is loaded, then you will see the legends in the "Free Agent" pool.

Add the Legends to your team(s) as you wish. You will have to drop players, as your MLB rosters are "full." You can save these rosters (and add more legends to them as you go) as a separate set of rosters than your normal rosters if you wish. Mine is on our second memory card so they don't get deleted or altered, and they do not affect my Cardinals Season in any way. I only load them when I need them.

Good luck at the Polo Grounds..... freaky place. We still have not hit a HR to CF or to the Power alleys there. One homer cleared the Bullpen roof in left and snuck into the front row (450-460 I think) and is the longest HR we have hit at any stadium in any mode of play. A few balls have been hit to the Warning Track in Center or just to the side of center, and one hopped the wall.

My son and I play a new game... he has christened it a "Home Run Derby Game." We use our Legends Rosters, in which every player is a legend except for Pujols, Rolen and I think Edmonds for him, and A-Rod, Giambi and that's it for the Yanks. For the love of Nuke Laloosh's, I play with the Yankees!!! Legends pitchers too.

We play on HOF difficulty, which allows one to guess the pitch, AND guess one of the 9 locations. i.e. up and in, up and over the middle, up and away, etc.

Then the pitcher MUST throw a high, four seam fastball. The batter gets a "boost" to his ability by guessing not on the pitch, but also one of the 9 locations. The Babe going after a 101 MPH High Heater from the Ryan Express...... HR's everywhere!!!! But, alas, none to Center at the PG -- YET!! The game finished 24-21 the first time we played, adn we each got about 200-300 "points" to get more legends. It is more fun than you think it might be. If you swing even the slightest bit early or late, you get foul balls, or weaker hits... Remember, this is HOF difficulty. Some grounders even from time to time. When you hit a ball right at an outfielder, you do get outs. We also play the outfield "deep" and can run down most of the 450 outs to center and to the power alleys.

We did the same thing at Shibe Park, and were launching balls out of the park with every other swing.

I am convinced that we will NOT get one out to center playing HR Derby. Heck, even in REAL Major League games at the PG, in more than 50 years, only three men hit balls into the Center Field Bleachers at the Polo Grounds. Joe Adcock was the only one for about 30 years, and then Lou Brock and Hank Aaron did it on CONSECUTIVE days in June of 1962. One Negro League Player did it as well.

Have fun with your Legends... shame you can't use them in HR Derby, but the HR Derby "Game" solved that for my boy.
                          Last edited by StanTheMan; 04-05-2006, 02:04 PM.
                          "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

Originally posted by StanTheMan
                            One other thought... imapotato........play a game, or a Home Run Derby at Shibe Park in Philly.... You will be launching the ball into the upper deck in left field with ease.... AROD even got one over the roof and out of the Stadium completely. About 460 feet.

Bryan in Indy
                            Not me

Pat Burrell is hitting .300 but only has 17 Hrs
                            Utley and Howard have about 30 near the end of my season

I use these sliders for both the CPu and myself...and sometimes I have 15-10, 13-2, 2-0 ballgames

Pitcher cam-Outfield
                            Batting cam-wide
                            strike zone-off
                            hot zones-off

contact-3
                            power-13
                            base running aggressiveness-15
                            errors-18
                            pitch count-17
                            arm strength-14
                            arm accuracy-3

Comment

Originally posted by Imapotato

Pitcher cam-Outfield
                              Batting cam-wide
                              strike zone-off
                              hot zones-off

contact-3
                              power-13
                              base running aggressiveness-15
                              errors-18
                              pitch count-17
                              arm strength-14
                              arm accuracy-3
                              I'm curious about your sliders.... I have bars which I can slide left and right (PS2) and really do not have any "numbers" to quantify like you list above.....

Am I missing something....?

Power 13.... is that way up?? I have two guys crushing the ball (Pujols with 17 in about 35 games and Edmonds with 13 in 34 games) but nobody else with more than 4 or so.... Weird. Rolen should have more than the 2 or 3 he has right now, I think. I think I have the sliders right based on most of my hitters, but Albert and Edmonds are #1 and #3 in the NL in Homers. Not out of the question, I suppose. If you can't tell, I'm looking for realism.

By turning the Hot Zone "off" does this mean that your players don't have them anymore (and neither does the computer) or just that you cannot see them when playing?? I suppose this would make pitching from the outfield cam (or any cam really) a bit tougher... I'll have to try that. I liked the outfield cam the one time I used it, but found I was able to spot the black of the plate just as well as I could using the default Catcher Cam, and having the Hot Zones up there may force me to hit the batters "blue" zones a bit more than I should. Again, the quest for realism...... I suppose the pitchers would know a players scouting report, and then would know where the Red and Blue zones would be on most batters, so I usually leave it on. I think I like your idea of taking it off, and will try that in the next series I play.

Arm strength is up for me (See, Eckstein, David)
                              I have the computer baserunning agressiveness up about two clicks
                              Their contact up two clicks
                              Their Power up one click. I have given up the fewest runs in the League, and am looking to even the score a bit.

My contact and power have ranged from up two or three clicks, and now back to default (power may be up one click, can't remember) but my games seem about right. One day I plate 10, the next just 3 or 4.....
                              I have injuries off... (played a season on MVP two years ago and lost Pujols for the season in game # 2 and don't want to deal with that again...)

I'm 23-12 and in second, 1/2 game back of Milwaukee, and leading the Wildcard race.

Damm, this game is fun...

**Pujols 33 game hitting streak came to an end today.... 0-4 with 3 K's I faced Kim of the Rockies, and I HATE sidearm pitchers!!

Comment

Cheat Codes for MLB 2006 The Show

The following codes work on the PS2 version of the game (I tried them today...)

Enter them at the main menu..... you will feel the controller "vibrate" if entered correctly.

All Stadiums Available -- Down, Up, Left, Right, Up, Right, Up, Down
                                (Sportsmans Park, Polo Grounds, Griffith Stadium, Shibe Park, Crosley Field, Forbes Field) The Polo Grounds is a GREAT place to play!!!

ALL LEGENDS AVAILABLE!!! -- Left, Up, Left, Right, Down, Right, Left, Up

All Teams Available -- Left, Right, Right, Down, Down, Left, Up, Up

All Uniforms Available -- Up, Down, Right, Left, Down, Right, Down, Up

I'm not sure what the "all teams" code does.....
                                The all Uniforms code unlocks the old time unis (the same ones your teams wear randomly (On Sunday it seems) when playing a season)
                                All Legends is just that.... The all become Free Agents ready for assignment!
                                All Stadiums is pretty straighforward.

I am generally not a code guy... but I am finding it terribly difficult to earn points in this game. After about 30 season games, I have achieved most of the individual game accomplishments (except for the ridiculous ones, such as 7 steals by a team in a game, or 3 doubles in a game by one player, or 3 HR's, or 20 K's, there is even a 25 K's in a game LOL.). It is a shame none of these goals are "repeatable," meaning you earn X points each time you accomplish any of them. From what i can tell, they are all a one time deal.

The Legends Code is really the one that I want to use.... but do I take the time to assign all 80 or so legends to their proper teams, and at there proper positions? Set all four batting orders? All the rotations? Create StanTheMan, The Mick, and Hammering Hank Aaron? I think I will, especially for when my son and I play Our Home Run Derby Games.....

Bryan in Indy

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X