No announcement yet.

The Show: The Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe the "All Teams Available" code unlocks the Gold and Silver Cooperstown Legends All-Star Teams. Thanks for posting the codes, I usually don't use them either, but nice to know they are there. I agree about the Polo Grounds, awesome place to play. Wish I could set it to my Mets home stadium somehow.
    "It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball. I did it in one afternoon playing golf." - Hank Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by StanTheMan
      I'm curious about your sliders.... I have bars which I can slide left and right (PS2) and really do not have any "numbers" to quantify like you list above.....

Am I missing something....?

Power 13.... is that way up?? I have two guys crushing the ball (Pujols with 17 in about 35 games and Edmonds with 13 in 34 games) but nobody else with more than 4 or so.... Weird. Rolen should have more than the 2 or 3 he has right now, I think. I think I have the sliders right based on most of my hitters, but Albert and Edmonds are #1 and #3 in the NL in Homers. Not out of the question, I suppose. If you can't tell, I'm looking for realism.

By turning the Hot Zone "off" does this mean that your players don't have them anymore (and neither does the computer) or just that you cannot see them when playing?? I suppose this would make pitching from the outfield cam (or any cam really) a bit tougher... I'll have to try that. I liked the outfield cam the one time I used it, but found I was able to spot the black of the plate just as well as I could using the default Catcher Cam, and having the Hot Zones up there may force me to hit the batters "blue" zones a bit more than I should. Again, the quest for realism...... I suppose the pitchers would know a players scouting report, and then would know where the Red and Blue zones would be on most batters, so I usually leave it on. I think I like your idea of taking it off, and will try that in the next series I play.

Arm strength is up for me (See, Eckstein, David)
      I have the computer baserunning agressiveness up about two clicks
      Their contact up two clicks
      Their Power up one click. I have given up the fewest runs in the League, and am looking to even the score a bit.

My contact and power have ranged from up two or three clicks, and now back to default (power may be up one click, can't remember) but my games seem about right. One day I plate 10, the next just 3 or 4.....
      I have injuries off... (played a season on MVP two years ago and lost Pujols for the season in game # 2 and don't want to deal with that again...)

I'm 23-12 and in second, 1/2 game back of Milwaukee, and leading the Wildcard race.

Damm, this game is fun...

**Pujols 33 game hitting streak came to an end today.... 0-4 with 3 K's I faced Kim of the Rockies, and I HATE sidearm pitchers!!

With guess pitch, strike zone and hot zones OFF, you will find it hard to stay atop the league leader in HRS in Hall of Fame Mode

Also I forgot to mention...I use Classic Pitching, not the meter in Pitching mode

You will def. see the difference between Carpenter and Brad Thompson for example in trying to hit your spots...but since you said you hated losing Pujos...you may not like gicing up 8 runs in an inning that sometimes happens when your P is having an 'off' day, which happens with classic pitching

and the clicks are from the left...so start zero'd out and click to the right

The wide cam on batting makes it harder to pick up the ball IMO, so with contact on 3...if you hit over the ball...a chopper, under the ball, a popup

Comment

Originally posted by StanTheMan
        The following codes work on the PS2 version of the game (I tried them today...)

Enter them at the main menu..... you will feel the controller "vibrate" if entered correctly.

All Stadiums Available -- Down, Up, Left, Right, Up, Right, Up, Down
        (Sportsmans Park, Polo Grounds, Griffith Stadium, Shibe Park, Crosley Field, Forbes Field) The Polo Grounds is a GREAT place to play!!!

ALL LEGENDS AVAILABLE!!! -- Left, Up, Left, Right, Down, Right, Left, Up

All Teams Available -- Left, Right, Right, Down, Down, Left, Up, Up

All Uniforms Available -- Up, Down, Right, Left, Down, Right, Down, Up

I'm not sure what the "all teams" code does.....
        The all Uniforms code unlocks the old time unis (the same ones your teams wear randomly (On Sunday it seems) when playing a season)
        All Legends is just that.... The all become Free Agents ready for assignment!
        All Stadiums is pretty straighforward.

I am generally not a code guy... but I am finding it terribly difficult to earn points in this game. After about 30 season games, I have achieved most of the individual game accomplishments (except for the ridiculous ones, such as 7 steals by a team in a game, or 3 doubles in a game by one player, or 3 HR's, or 20 K's, there is even a 25 K's in a game LOL.). It is a shame none of these goals are "repeatable," meaning you earn X points each time you accomplish any of them. From what i can tell, they are all a one time deal.

The Legends Code is really the one that I want to use.... but do I take the time to assign all 80 or so legends to their proper teams, and at there proper positions? Set all four batting orders? All the rotations? Create StanTheMan, The Mick, and Hammering Hank Aaron? I think I will, especially for when my son and I play Our Home Run Derby Games.....

Bryan in Indy
        Just unlock some legends and play a game with 2 controllers
        I had Walter Johnson strike out 25 with a perfect game
        Stole 7 bases with Ty Cobb
        4 triples by Honus Wagner
        4 doubles by Lou Gehrig
        5 HRS by Babe Ruth

Still have to get the points for career mode

Also when you unlock the Pitchers...their pitching motion/stance is added to the player edit/create section of the game

Comment

I brought the "Ryan Express" back home to the Mets along with "The Big Train" between them and Pedro, I am happy I also added Jackie Robinson and Ty Cobb to the team. I have a feeling this is going to be the year for the Mets :gt in my first season with them now. I should lead the league in steals at any rate.

I have a 2b going in career mode, hitting the cover off the ball in the minors, gotta wait about 25 more days to ask for a call up though. Wishing there was a way to do HR Derby with the legends at the Polo Grounds, that would really put this game over the top.
          "It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball. I did it in one afternoon playing golf." - Hank Aaron

Comment

I don't think the "All Teams" code works for the Cooperstown teams. It didn't work for me at least.
            GOT ALBERT?
            St. Louis Cardinals BBFTG Website
            http://www.freewebs.com/bbftg6/

Comment

I think you still have to "Buy" the Silver and Gold Era teams for $5... after you unlock all the legends. The controller did "buzz" when I entered the code in, however.

HALL OF FAME MODE??? Perhaps my name should be "potato" and yours should be "the man."
              "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

It did vibrate when I entered the codes. On the profile rewards page, it said that I didn't unlock anyone, but when I went to Free Agents, they were all there.
                GOT ALBERT?

Comment

Yeah, the CPU pitching changes make no sense. The starter usually gets yanked for no reason in the second, though he might make it to the fourth if he's really throwing well.

Comment

Woo-hoo!!! I made up to the Bigs. I was doing really good the first month or 2 on AAA. I then promptly dislocated my shoulder and went out on the 60 Day DL. I returned and played about a week and a half and requested a call up. To my surprise, the club brought me up. I am playing behind Biggio atm, the first few games I didn't even see any action. I was just thinking that I should play the games and give Biggio The Golden Sombrero a few games in a row to help me out They finally gave him a rest day though and I got my big chance. Collected my first hit while going 3 for 4. I got in a day or 2 later and saw that I was playing at ss. Looks like for right now that I am the old middle infielder bacck up dude. Hopefully Biggio will get hurt or retire soon.

Comment

OK, has anyone made a good pitcher yet? I made one tonight, but have to start out in AA after spring training. Looks like it's gonna be a long road to the Show. Any tips from someone who has made a decent pitcher in career mode are welcome.

Comment

Well, I made a closer. I just simmed to the next appearance every time. He did really well, going 7-0 with 28 saves and a 1.23 ERA. I just continued to add to his attributes after every few starts.
                        GOT ALBERT?

Comment

I made mine a SP, right now in AA I am 1-3 with a 2.58 ERA. My team gives me no run support I am basically adding to stats after every couple of games. I don't bat for the team. I sim to my starts, and then sim through the 1/2 innings my team is batting. Hopefully after a year in AA, I should have my stats up enough to move up next season.

Comment

One thing about this game is they exxagerate batting average. Almost 2-5 people on each team bat over .300. Troy Glaus batted .301 one season!!!
                            Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

Things that I don't like:

-You can't argue a bad call by the umpire (it seems the only way is that the computer picks and chooses all by it's own).

-David Ortiz is leading the Majors with 34 hrs' and 98 rbi's and I am one game away from the All star game! Geez... Some of the stats are non realistic.

-There are no bench clearing brawls.

-Still haven't figured out on how to drag bunt yet.
                              Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

Quick Profile Question

I just had a quick question. I am currently playing a season as the Yanks and I have loaded my profile before starting the season. Everytime I save the season, it saves my profile. I had 0 points after spending them for a few legends. I then played a game of my season. I romped Tampa Bay like 7-0, Giambi his a GrandSlam and Randy Johnson pitched a 3 hit shutout. After finishing the game, saving and exiting, I figured I would have like 100 points to spend. To my suprise, I had only 15. I guess my question is where are my points? I checked to see which challenges I had met already. Are the ones that are checked off ones that I can't get points for by completing again? How to I earn the points? It seems as tho I play great games and don't get any points. Is anyone else having this problem? Let me know. Needless to say, I am very frustrated. Thanks guys...
                                Loving the game. Also here is a funny little story that may amuse you guys. I had 2k6 reserved for a while. It was supposed to be released on my birthday (March 14th) so traded in my copy of MVP 2005 figuring I would have 2k6 by then. They then pushed the release date back and I said screw it and picked up The Show after reading several great reviews. After playin MLb the Show, I loved it and couldn't wait for 2K6 to come out, figuring it would be even better. Boy was I wrong. I traded in MLB the Show and went to pick up 2k6 when it came it. I played it for an hour and thought it was the worst baseball game I had ever played. I wound up trading that it and paying like 10 dollars more to get my exact copy of MLB the show the next day. I hate taking hits like that, but it was worth it to get rid of such a crappy game. Anyone else do something similar or am I the only one?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X