No announcement yet.

The Show: The Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No I rented 2k5 last year, loved the announcing of Morgan and the other guy, but the gameplay and graphics were atrocious

As for points...ya have to kinda cheat

Choose the legends you have...put them on one team, play a 2 player exhibition...pitch a perfect game and hit the offensive criteria with your legend team

Then you have to do Franchise and career for the other goals...which are HARD

Comment

Originally posted by Imapotato
      No I rented 2k5 last year, loved the announcing of Morgan and the other guy, but the gameplay and graphics were atrocious

Choose the legends you have...put them on one team, play a 2 player exhibition...pitch a perfect game and hit the offensive criteria with your legend team

Man, that sucks. At least EA let you keep getting the same rewards over and over again. I see you are from Troy Imapotato, I am orginally from Utica. I played Single A ball for the Oneonta Tigers as well. not sure if you know where these two places are. Anyway, thanks for the advice...

Comment

Originally posted by Imapotato

One other thing... I am definitely a fan of the ESPN booth but if you liked it last year, don't play the game this year. It was soooo bad that I can't even listen to them call live games on ESPN anymore. Thanks 2ksports...

Comment

Is this year's ESPN 2k6 $19.99? If it's like the previous years, then you get what you payed for.
          GOT ALBERT?
          St. Louis Cardinals BBFTG Website
          http://www.freewebs.com/bbftg6/

Comment

I finnaly made a successfull Pitcher. He won the Cy young award, era title, most wins, and most Ks. Also he is only 24. The best way to really the best sucess is just play every start. I almost got a no hitter but it went between the legs of my first baseman and they said it was a hit in the bottom of the 9th with two outs The annoying thing about career mode is that you can be wicked good, beat a bunch of records and then it goes down to rookie. And on the retirment plaque it says this rookie never made it to the majors. Even though they have more than 700 home runs and 3000 hits. Argh. Oh well game is still good.
            go sox.

Pigskin-Fever

Comment

No sir, 39.99 plus tax. If it was 19.99 I probably would have passed based on that alone. New release games that come out for half price are usually pretty awful but there are exceptions to this rule (Greatest Hits games, etc... but I guess those aren't really new games. My motto, "Stay Away from Two K"

Comment

Originally posted by MConstabile
                No sir, 39.99 plus tax. If it was 19.99 I probably would have passed based on that alone. New release games that come out for half price are usually pretty awful but there are exceptions to this rule (Greatest Hits games, etc... but I guess those aren't really new games. My motto, "Stay Away from Two K"
                One other thing that bothers me is that they put Jeter on the cover of the crappiest game and Ortiz on the best. Should be the other way around... (Let the flames begin). I'm just kidding. I am a fan of the game before I root for the uniform. Still a Yankees fan, die hard, but I won't deny "props" to players that deserve it. Papi was clutch, lets give him that and leave it at that. 2004 was a sad year for me, along with many others I am sure...

Comment

One bad thing about me is that I never walk, it's too hard. And I suck so bad... The pitchers usually strike me out like 13 times a game when I play veteran mode.
                  Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

Well, don't swing at every pitch then. I too love to swing at anything in the zone, a la Yogi Berra style. If you can force yourself to be patient, you can definitely work the count. Alot of the time, I actually prefer to work the count. Makes for longer games, but you actually get to see the AI shine.

Comment

lol, ya, my plate discipline makes Vlad look like Ted Williams I may have walked 2 or 3 times in the whole time I have played the game. Anyone thrown a no-hitter or PG yet? I took a no-no into the 7th, but promptly lost it on a 1st pitch single. I was pitching with Jeff Francis at the time.
                      "It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball. I did it in one afternoon playing golf." - Hank Aaron

Comment

I created one of my fantasy teams and Carlos Zambrano threw a perfect game.
                        GOT ALBERT?
                        St. Louis Cardinals BBFTG Website
                        http://www.freewebs.com/bbftg6/

Comment

Shut down this Website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Gashouse6
                          I created one of my fantasy teams and Carlos Zambrano threw a perfect game.
                          A St. Louisan crowing about a perfect game pitched with a CUB!!!! Sacrelidge!!! An abomination!!! Zambrono MUST be on Steroids!!!! Get yourself an Imo's Pizza immediately, and then go to Ted Drewes, then get a Gus's Pretzel from down by the Brewery, Drink an AB product of your choice, Eat an Amaghetti's Sandwich from the Hill, sit under the arch and think about the Cards 9 World Series wins since the Cubs last won even one. Video game or not, you need help, Gashouse. Come back to the good side of the Force!!! You had BETTER NOT put Zambrano on the Cardinals

I had a No Hitter with Carpenter into the 8th... but ended up with a 2 hit shutout. He's got 4 or 5 complete games in 7 or 8 starts. His slider an two seamer are UNHITTABLE when spotted correctly. But he got hit pretty hard by Colorado of all people last time out, with recently adjusted sliders to make it tougher on me (I'm getting better)

As for the "crazy" stats one poster mentioned.... simply adjust the sliders in the Options Menu (Gameplay Options I think) and if you are hitting too many homers, adjust it down. Too many hits, adjust contact down. If the Computer does not seem to hit well (I guess I have learned to pitch properly) then adjust their sliders up, as I did. If Eckstein is your shortstop (like me) then adjust Arm Strength up so he can actually throw someone out on a ground ball.... seriously!! His nickname is "just enough" for a reason!!

Imapotato listed his sliders a few pages back, but I think he can really play this game.... I'm not quite there yet!!

As you get better at the game, you will have to adjust the sliders. After about 35 games in to my season, my sliders are down a few clicks, (making it tougher for me to hit and easier for their pitcher) and the computers sliders are up a few clicks (making it easier for them to hit, tougher for me to pitch), my games are very realistic.

As for POINTS... I too do not get many points game after game... unfortunately, the tasks (3 hits in a game, 2 HR's etc) do not seem to be "repeatable tasks" which is the OTHER flaw in this game (#1 being no legends or created players in HR Derby). The fact that starters need a day off what seems like every third game is annoying as well, but I just play through most of it and do fine... not an official flaw I guess.

Now lets get some points.

You can create a separate season, choose your profile and the Yankees, Cards, White Sox or other good team, and Sim the whole season up to the playoffs. You will get about 250 points if you do that. Spend away and repeat ad nauseam. Takes about 10 minutes to Sim a Season iirc. Turn off injuries, trades, and anything else that will interrupt the simming so you can go from game 1 to game 162. How I got 250+ with non "repeatable" tasks but I am stuck on 25 points game after game I don't know, but I did.

Bryan in Indy
                          "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

Missing Legends

Hey all,

With the "all legends code" I am thinking of assigning every legend to the appropriate team and having at it.... but there are defintely some missing legends.

Hank Aaron
                            Willie Mays
                            Stan Musial
                            Mickey Mantle
                            Joe Dimaggio
                            Sandy Koufax
                            Carl Hubbel (might be on there, not sure)

Who else?

Is there a limit as to how many players you can create? I play "season" mode, not career, so I will just create a few more legends, and then assign them to the right team along with all the others. I will have to fix each roster and batting order and rotation, but when complete, it will be fantastic.

Finally no more Juan Encarnacion in right field for the Cards.... can't stand that guy!!

How about

Lou Brock LF
                            Rogers Hornsby 2B
                            Albert Pujols 1B
                            Stan Musial RF/CF
                            Scott Rolen 3B
                            Enos Slaughter/Jim Edmonds RF/CF
                            Ozzie Smith SS
                            Yadi Molina C

Bob Gibson
                            Dizzy Dean
                            Chris Carpenter
                            Mark Mulder

"Old School" Four Man rotation!!!

Bryan in Indy
                            "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

Surely Ted Williams will make the cut..... add him too.

My Son finally hit a significant homer at the Polo Grounds... Not into Center Field, but onto the Right Field Roof. Hit by Ken Griffey Jr.

Try playing at Crosley Field. The deepest part of the park is 387, I think. What a launching pad that place must have been.

Comment

I just bought it

I just bought MLB 06 The Show and so far I really love this game. It's graphics are great but on the home run derby if you swing and whiff the same players do the same motion every time. It gets a bit annoying but I would still rate this game 8 out of 10.
                                Can you say S O R I A N O !!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X