Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantasy Draft Rosters(Schaddy)/Post your Video game rosters (Wilkerson)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justice22
    I don't normally resort to bench players or relief pitchers, and I typically use a three man rotation. Its my style
    That three man rotation thing will bite you in the butt dude. Their stamina goes down quicker when they haven't had proper rest, the effectiveness of their pitches, and the velocity will also be affected. I'd go with at least 4, but hey, its all good. How do you get away with not using relievers? Who's in your bully?

Comment

All starters in my bully. I use the fourth guy occasionally, i've done this all before though. Unless i've got a a no-no going on, or a chance at 20ks, i normally pull out my pitchers pretty earlier, 6th inning. Then i just use a bunch of starters in the bullpen. And as far as the nech goes, i have no use for it. I might pinch hit once a week.
      :atthepc

i enjoy smileys...

Comment

20 k's? What level are you playing on? Thought I was doin' good getting 16 or 17 on a really killer day.

Dude, you should pick up at least a couple specialty bench players for crucial situations. A couple cheap speedsters just to pinch run, and a guy like WillieMo Pena who murders lefties comes in handy. Then again, if you have the DH on, nevermind. That's not real baseball anyway

Comment

Sorry, don't follow my advice. I've been playing MVP (back in the day, called Triple Play) baseball since like 2001. I've gotten really good!

In case you didn't notice I did draft Wily Mo Pena . Actually, he's covering second base right now! I used him to pinch hit, he gotta double offf some unimportant guy. I'm only winning by two points, and Cliff Lee is running low on stamina.

I'm kinda a sports game addict! I don't have internet on X-Box, but at my friends house, I go online and kill top ranked people in Madden and MVP. i'm really pissed off about the whole college MVP game now, I bought it, but I just don't enjoy it. I like having my real players, it makes me sad that I don't

i enjoy smileys...

Comment

I actually didn't see W. Pena on your roster. Sorry about that. Isn't he a pretty slow dude for second though? Anyway, yeah, I'm right with ya. Can't get enough of sports games (EA that is). Been playing triple play since it first came out..'96 I think? And Madden all the way back too. If you're on All-Star mode with no sliders adjusted and you're rackin' up 20k's, then that's very impressive.

Comment

yeah no sliders. But i have had some fun games, set it to rookie mode, set the sliders to the max for easiness. Its just fun too goof around like that.

20ks is normally with Pedro Martinez. I had 23k's with him once, and i can normally rack up a 20k once every 5 or 6 starts. Cliff lee is a little worse for me. Idk, him and I on the game really click, its odd. I've thrown more no-hitters and perfect games with him though. Rich Harden is right now just bait. He's a good player on a LOW salary. So later in the season, when one of my players inevitably goes down, I'll just trade rich harden. But right now he's doing me some good. And Bronson Arroyo is my spot starter. I have him start those games when no one else is fully recovered, so mebe once every other week. He does the job. Except for one game I played earlier today. I could not get a "Perfect" pitch with him. Mebe I am too blame , but i think it was his fault.

Wily Mo Pena is the ultimate bench player. then i just pinch run for him, i've got this minor leaguer who i prmooted hwoese like got 95 speed, so i get on base with pena, then stick the other guy on.

Have you ever stolen home? I try to EVERY game, lose a fair number of runs that way. I've done it once, with, this cracks me up, Adam Dunn. I popped the ball out of the catchers mitt. Mebe its a size thing, i can't figure it out. But my speeddemons can't do it unless theres a wild pitch

Have you buoght the show? I'm too die hard EA that I just CAN'T. i feel disloyal if i did.

i enjoy smileys...

Comment

Nah, never tried to steal home. I really don't think it can be done on there without derailing the catcher. Love those collisions though.

Who's that minor leaguer with 95 speed ?

Have you ever climbed the wall to rob a dong? I've jumped up and robbed several, but I can't figure out how to make the guy climb.

Comment

I robbed a home run ONCE. i was giddy! it was ty cobb, i actually went to the reply and filmed it because it was amazing. I don't think it gives you good timing to rob the wall, or even the right place, you kinda gotta do it on your own.
                  My minor leaguer is Seth Anderson. I have no idea who he normally plays for. He's either a double A or single A.

i enjoy smileys...

Comment

Okay, can you explain to me how you managed to actually climb up the wall?

I've jumped straight up and robbed dongs, but it says the same control for jumping is what you use for climbing. Just push up on the right analog stick (xbox). So...what gives? When it shows the half circle as being red, do you wait until it changes to green before pushing up. And maybe you need to be a few steps back from the wall so he can get a running start? I wanna do that so damn bad !!

Comment

Its all about timing. If you stand there and wait until it turns green, you're screwed. And it doesn't necessarily even turn green at the right time. As sson as your reach the wall hit up on the right analog stick, and you will climb it. I have X-Box, its possible that its slighlty different on whatever system you are using. Just ignore the green and red circle. And even if there is no circle, try climbing anyway, i've robbed a few doubles like that!

i enjoy smileys...

Comment

Alright, I need some advice on who to play here.

I'm last in BA by a pretty large margin. I just took Reyes out in favor of F. Lopez for this reason, but now I'm thinkin' maybe I should just concede BA now, and leave Reyes in for the rare triple and occasional SB. I plan on playing Holliday only at home since I believe he hits around .355 there as opposed to .300 on the road. Not sure what to do with Hunter and Rios.

What would your starting lineup be?

Here are the players.

C -------- Ra. Hernandez
                        1B ------- Helton
                        1B ------- Pujols (DL)
                        2B ------- Biggio
                        2B/SS ---- F. Lopez
                        2B/SS/3B - B. Hall
                        3B -------- Ensberg
                        SS --------Reyes
                        OF ------- Ca. Lee
                        OF ------- A. Jones