Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantasy Draft Rosters(Schaddy)/Post your Video game rosters (Wilkerson)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bukanier
    replied
    This is my current roster with the Rays in 2006 in MVP 2004. I did a fantasy draft in 2004.

Batting Order
    CF Jason Michaels
    3B Shea Hillenbrand
    LF Jon Dowd
    1B Brad Fullmer
    DH Shannon Stewart
    RF Mike Cuddyer
    C Michael Barrett
    2B Luis Gonzalez
    SS Jose Lopez

Rotation
    Miguel Asencio
    Ollie Perez
    Tim Hudson
    C.C. Sabathia
    Kip Wells

Bullpen
    Matt Thornton
    Billy Traber
    Cliff Beltre
    Luis Ayala
    Chris Watson
    Francis Beltran
    Tim Spooneybarger (closer)

Fictional players are in italics. The game could do a better job at creating fictional names.

I'm always on a tight budget, couldn't resign Roger Clemens after 2004 and had to trade Ken Griffey Jr. after 2005.
    Last edited by Bukanier; 04-16-2006, 03:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sultan_1895-1948
    replied
    Originally posted by MapleSyrupMan
    Do you still get money if you play it at your real ballpark? For example, I was the Orioles in one owner mode, and I realized (after the game broke) that I could have played at Camden Yards instead of my created ballpark and made more money. Would this work?
    Well here the deal.

If you start an owner mode, you've got your created stadium basically, that you're trying to build up and stuff.

When you have a home game on the schedule, you can play in any stadium you want, doesn't matter where you play. The video game just sees that as a home game, period. You're still only going to get revenue from how many seats are in your created stadium, or how many concession stands, or whatever you have. Just a small tip. When you're choosing a field to play in, hit the options button and change the wind direction to Zero. Better off doing that, than taking a chance that the wind will be blowing in 20 mph on ya. Seems to always happen on there.

That's what I'm doing right now. Just taking a tour of all the parks when I have a home game, until I can get enough money to buy a hitters backdrop or something for "Babe Ruth Field." That white fence just kills the hitters eye factor.

This seems to be working so far, just forgetting about concessions right off the bat. Get all the 1/1 souvenir shops and stuff, and then when you have enough, buy the batting cages, history museum, and video arcade. They're very cheap and get more kids to the park.

I love this friekin' game. Best there ever was imo.
    Last edited by Sultan_1895-1948; 04-14-2006, 01:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Erik Bedard
    replied
    Do you still get money if you play it at your real ballpark? For example, I was the Orioles in one owner mode, and I realized (after the game broke) that I could have played at Camden Yards instead of my created ballpark and made more money. Would this work?

Leave a comment:

• BadKarma
    replied
    I agree with ty; drop the Steinbrenner approach and take the Beane route.

Leave a comment:

• Sultan_1895-1948
    replied
    Originally posted by tyberesk
    You need to play it like a small market franchise. Keep your salaries under 1.5 million and have most of your players making the mininum 300k. First thing you need to do is expand the seating to make more money then work from there. Thats my two cents
    Hmmm interesting. I have all my minor league guys making either 300 or 500, but the MLB payroll costs about 240K per game. The problem is that it takes so much time to build up money, and then once I buy the extra seating, the money is gone. If this doesn't work, I'll definately go with your suggestion.

Thing that blows, is that you have expenses for concessions and stuff, even when you're on the road. Whats up with that. Nobody's in your stadium, you don't need to provide any service or product, so why the expenses. With nobody there to buy tickets, you're losing on all that revenue, and still have to pay for your team salary too. Very lame. That's what kills ya

Leave a comment:

• Francoeurstein
    replied
    Franchise on MLb 2k5

CF Mark Kotsay
    2B Placido Polanco
    3B A-rod
    1B Erubiel Durazo
    LF Jefferey Hammonds
    SS Rich Aurillia
    C Greg Myers
    RF Jay Gibbons

Pitching
    1. Ben Sheets
    2. Kevin Millwood
    3. Rich Harden
    4. Zach Day
    5. Johnny Ensberg

Bullpen
    Turk Wendell
    Eric Knott
    Aaron Cook
    Rick White
    Aquilino Lopez
    Ugeth Urbina
    Fransisco Rodriguez
    I went all out on pitching....
    Last edited by Francoeurstein; 04-13-2006, 01:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tyberesk
    replied
    Help

You need to play it like a small market franchise. Keep your salaries under 1.5 million and have most of your players making the mininum 300k. First thing you need to do is expand the seating to make more money then work from there. Thats my two cents

Leave a comment:

• Sultan_1895-1948
    replied
    Reign,

Good to see another loyal MVP player on here.

I've tried 2 different seasons on owner mode and could never make much money. I'd play every game (can't stand simming any), and after a year and a half or so, the team is a money pit.

So with this new Mets team, I put on "large budgets," and instead of buying food stuff first, I bought all of the souvenir type shops that you can only buy 1/1 of. Seems to be going good so far, but have you made money? Is there certain approach you should take?

Also, when you eventually end up buying stuff for you stadium, like seats, lighting, scoreboard, etc....does it let you buy a hitters backdrop to block that horrible white fence in center. I can't even play my home games there because the ball gets lost in the whiteness. Maybe you can put trees back there, or a backdrop?

Leave a comment:

• ReignInBlood
    replied
    MVP 2005

record 79-50
    all star difficulty

Alex Sanchez CF
    Chone Figgins 2B
    Vladimir Guerrero RF
    Melvim Mora 3B
    Michael Young SS
    Lyle Overbay 1B
    Carl Crawford LF
    Vance Wilson C

Rotation
    Jake Peavy
    Dontrelle Willis
    Gavin Floyd
    Daniel Cabrera
    Jesus Colome

Leave a comment:

• Sultan_1895-1948
    replied
    MVP 2005 , NYM, Owner Mode, All Star Difficulty (for the first year, then bumping up to MVP)

Batting Order:

LF - Carl Crawford
    SS - Jose Reyes
    1B - Albert Pujols
    C -- Joe Mauer
    3B - David Wright
    2B - Kawasaki
    CF - Rocco Baldelli
    RF - Joel Doonan
    P -- Pitcher

Rotation:

SP - Edwin Jackson
    SP - Zack Greinke
    SP - Darryl Buhler
    SP - Rich Harden
    SP - Randy Auschrat
    Last edited by Sultan_1895-1948; 04-11-2006, 11:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fantasy Draft Rosters(Schaddy)/Post your Video game rosters (Wilkerson)

This team is the one I have for the Show, Cubbies of course
    Right now I'm 51-25 (27-3 when I play, 24-22 when I simulate lol) and in first place in the Central, Halladay is 9-3 with a 2.34 ERA, Furcal is .285 with 3 HR, 19 RBI and 16 SB, and Sexson is .280 with 17 HR and 59 RBI.

Batting Order:
    SS Rafael Furcal
    2B Ryan Freel
    CF Mark Kotsay
    1B Richie Sexson
    RF Geoff Jenkins
    3B Joe Crede
    LF David Dellucci
    C Brian Schneider

Bench:
    IF Mike Lamb
    IF Alex Cora