No announcement yet.

Your Road to the Show / 2k10 My Player Career

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahh yes! I remember when I still played RTTS for Playstation3. Mine was on 2013... here's my player's career line as a pitcher (I kept full track of these in a BBRef-style spreadsheet):

overall
    9 years
    Teams: Marlins (2014-2020), Red Sox (2021-2022)
    8 All-Star games (7 starts)
    6 MVPs, 6 Cy Youngs, 1 runner-up in both (would probably have 7 of each but my player broke his wrist one year and missed 4 or 5 starts)

pitching
    271 starts (289 GP)
    245 quality starts
    51 shutouts (8 in multiple seasons)
    2114 IP
    184-29 W-L (.864) including a 30-0 season
    1.59 ERA (best was 1.18)
    .777 WHIP (best was .703)
    2,605 Ks (avg. 289, best was 353)
    71 walks (avg. 8, most was 13)
    114 HRs (avg. 13, most was 17)
    36.7 K:BB (best was 88.3)

batting/running

traditional slash: .406 BA (high of .482)/78 HRs (high of 21)/208 RBIs (high of 50)
    saber slash: .404 OBP (high of .482)/.834 SLG (high of 1.069)/1.237 OPS (high of 1.509)
    lol no walks or HBP
    53 strikouts
    87/110 SB (.791), high of 22/27 and .917

postseason

13 GS (7-2), 100.1 IP, 1.70 ERA, 115 Ks:3 walks
    1 World Series win against the 2019 Royals (as a Marlin. yes.)

accomplishments
    threw a 13-K perfect game in first playoff start
    lost another PG try with 2 outs in the 8th and the no-no with 1 down in 9th
    17 Ks in a game
    almost tied Seaver's record with 9 consecutive Ks (got to 8 with 2 strikes on the 9th guy)
    hit 3 homers in a game 3 times

Comment

I just do the created player on Diamond Dynasty thing.
      46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

Originally posted by toppsarchives View Post
        This game is absolutely terrible if you're a pitcher.

Play the All Star Game? Congratulations, you've just thrown off the computer's ability to know when "KEY GAMES" are and you'll never get double points ever again.
        Want to turn a double play? Everything's great until the first baseman fields the ball and you're running to cover first. At which point, you shoot into super slow-mo, lose your hair, and move 2 feet while the runner reaches safely.
        Ever throw a ball in the dirt? Ruh-Roh because the catcher will stand there and literally let the runner steal second base. He'll just hold onto the ball staring directly at second base...

AND BY FAR, THE BEST...

These morons, absolute MORONS, forgot to put vsPOWER as an achievable stat.

You can have 99 in absolutely everything (my pitcher has 93 POWER as a HITTER) but enjoy your 50 vsPOWER left and 50 vsPOWER RIGHT because there's no way to change or improve it. Your player tops out at 89 or 90, so attaining "95" is impossible.

It's basically unplayable if you'd like to retain your sanity. Garbage.
        Originally posted by Stumanji View Post
        Ugh...

My 15th season in the major leagues - just 36 years of age - I hit .380 with 80 HR, 181 RBI, and 50+ SB. Go into the post season thinking "Hopefully they pick up someone to help me out in the offense." No... FORCED RETIREMENT!

I don't know what the guys were thinking at 2K sports (other than they really don't *get* baseball). I was #1 overall in baseball. I finished first is all major categories on offense and won a Gold Glove. Did it ever occur to them to say, "Y'know, we should make the retirement up to the player, in case they want to hold on forever like Rickey Henderson did"?

On top of that, I saved up thousands and thousands of points expecting some sort of decline in my skills. It never happened. POOR PROGRAMMING!!
        I would have smashed that controller off the floor like I was 13 again.

"No matter how great you were once upon a time — the years go by, and men forget,” - W. A. Phelon in Baseball Magazine in 1915. “Ross Barnes, forty years ago, was as great as Cobb or Wagner ever dared to be. Had scores been kept then as now, he would have seemed incomparably marvelous.”

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X