• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluejaysfan4ever
    Canadian baseball junkie
    • Jul 2006

Chad Billingsley vs. AJ Burnett?

Who should I get for my fantasy team? I'm looking for a decent #2 starter.
    Billingsley
    75.00%
    Burnett
    25.00%
  • chicagowhitesox1173
    2005 World Series Champs
    • Jun 2010

I would take Billingsley but if these guys are available i'd take Gio Gonzalez, Brandon Morrow, Jake Peavey or Wandy Rodriguez. The reason I say this is if Billingsley or Burnett are still available these guys may be too.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

• chicagowhitesox1173
      2005 World Series Champs
      • Jun 2010

Double post.
      "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

• Second Base Coach
        Tabletop Baseball Fan
        • May 2006

Those guys are more like number fours...
        Your Second Base Coach
        Garvey, Lopes, Russell, and Cey started 833 times and the Dodgers went 498-335, for a .598 winning percentage. That’s equal to a team going 97-65 over a season. On those occasions when at least one of them missed his start, the Dodgers were 306-267-1, which is a .534 clip. That works out to a team going 87-75. So having all four of them added 10 wins to the Dodgers per year.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5hCIvMule0

Comment

• Jobu Voodoo
          • May 2012

Those guys are definitely #4s or #5s. However, if I had to choose between the two, I would take Billingsley. He plays for a better team and is much younger than Burnett, so he has more of a chance to rebound.

As for your post, Chigagowhitesox1173, what makes you think Gonzalez, Peavy, Morrow, or Rodriguez would be available if those guys are? I can almost guarantee that those guys are owned in 98% of all leagues. As a matter of fact, Gio Gonzalez is currently ranked among the top 5 pitchers right now, if I am not mistaken.

Comment

• chicagowhitesox1173
            2005 World Series Champs
            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Jobu Voodoo View Post
            Those guys are definitely #4s or #5s. However, if I had to choose between the two, I would take Billingsley. He plays for a better team and is much younger than Burnett, so he has more of a chance to rebound.

As for your post, Chigagowhitesox1173, what makes you think Gonzalez, Peavy, Morrow, or Rodriguez would be available if those guys are? I can almost guarantee that those guys are owned in 98% of all leagues. As a matter of fact, Gio Gonzalez is currently ranked among the top 5 pitchers right now, if I am not mistaken.
            On May 11th they werent owned in 90 percent of leagues.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X