All-Time A-Z Post-Draft Simulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-Time A-Z Post-Draft Simulation

All relevant information will be placed herein. I am working on setting up the league now. Rosters will be inputted over the next several days. The sim will be run after the election process has completed and those results are known.

The ballpark issue has been resolved. See post #2 (below) for the list.

Lineups and rotations used as listed in team posts elsewhere.

All games are simmed by the PC; none are managed by a human being.
    Last edited by Chadwick; 03-13-2021, 09:23 AM.
    "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
    "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
    "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
    "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Ballparks
    Boston Cronies (henrich) – Fenway Park (1982)
    Burlington Patriots (Chadwick) – Camden Yards (2019)
    Florissant Fer-De-Lances (Bothrops Atrox) – Sportsman’s Park (1962)
    Lakeside Bums (BigRon) – Briggs Stadium (1962)
    Las Vegas Ravens (milladrive) – Ebbets Field (1956)
    Pittsburgh Lumberjacks (Stieb37) – Three Rivers Stadium (1982)
    Seattle Sludge (JarofFlies) – Miller Park (2020)
    Toledo Inquisitions (Toledo Inquisition) - Comiskey Park (1956)

Last edited by Chadwick; 03-06-2021, 01:01 PM.
    "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
    "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards

Comment

Do you have 1903 for Exposition Park?

Comment

Originally posted by Stieb37 View Post
        Do you have 1903 for Exposition Park?
        Exposition is one of the few parks I don't have for any season of its existence.

Comment

If 1995 Jacobs Field is unavailable, I'd like to update to 2020 Miller Park if that's ok and thanks!
          Jacquelyn Eva Marchand (1983-2017)
          http://www.tezakfuneralhome.com/noti...uelyn-Marchand

Comment

Originally posted by Jar of Flies View Post
            If 1995 Jacobs Field is unavailable, I'd like to update to 2020 Miller Park if that's ok and thanks!
            I have other Jacobs Field seasons we can use, but absolutely - 2020 Miller Park it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadwick View Post
              I have other Jacobs Field seasons we can use, but absolutely - 2020 Miller Park it is.
              Please share which seasons you have for "The Jake", just trying to find a neutral park campaign.
              Jacquelyn Eva Marchand (1983-2017)
              http://www.tezakfuneralhome.com/noti...uelyn-Marchand

Comment

2017-2020 for Jacobs Field.

Comment

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I have the seasons. Chad, I would have no problem lending them to you. Just ask.

But are the parks part of the season disks? Unless they've changed something, I could swear I recall the parks being on separate disks (for separate purchases), one for contemporary parks and one for classic parks. I don't recall SOM updating old-time parks for each and every season.
                  Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
                    But are the parks part of the season disks? Unless they've changed something, I could swear I recall the parks being on separate disks (for separate purchases), one for contemporary parks and one for classic parks. I don't recall SOM updating old-time parks for each and every season.
                    It's my understanding that the two stadium disks are merely graphics for each stadium, not necessarily park effects for each year. If I wanted Ebbets Field from the classic parks disk, it would simply give me an Ebbets Field backdrop, wouldn't it? If I want the park effects for Ebbets Field in 1955, the only way to use that is to own the 1955 season disk.

If I misunderstand, I'll happily grab those two park sets and the issue is settled. As usual, SOM isn't exactly highly detailed in its description of its product online.

Comment

To be honest, I probably wouldn't have picked Ashburn if I thought he'd be manning center at the Polo Grounds. But at the same time, not one player did I pick based on the park I chose. ...fwiw.
                      Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
                        To be honest, I probably wouldn't have picked Ashburn if I thought he'd be manning center at the Polo Grounds. But at the same time, not one player did I pick based on the park I chose. ...fwiw.
                        Me neither.

Comment

It's my understanding that the two stadium disks are merely graphics for each stadium, not necessarily park effects for each year. If I wanted Ebbets Field from the classic parks disk, it would simply give me an Ebbets Field backdrop, wouldn't it? If I want the park effects for Ebbets Field in 1955, the only way to use that is to own the 1955 season disk.

If I misunderstand, I'll happily grab those two park sets and the issue is settled. As usual, SOM isn't exactly highly detailed in its description of its product online.
                          Actually, you're right. The parks disks are indeed just pics for our screens, and the only way to get specific park effects (when available) is indeed with the season stats. Been a while.
                          Put it in the books.

Comment

Exposition is one of the few parks I don't have for any season of its existence.
                            If it's alright with everyone I'll switch to Three Rivers Stadium 1991.

Comment

I didn't consider my park at all when drafting. You can put me in 1999 Tropicana Field for all I care.
                              1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                              The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X