This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three questions:

1) Does a team have to field a centerfielder who played 162 games there in 5 years, or are all outfielders considered equal?

2) Are 19th century seasons in play

3) How is Bob Feller's '45 season to be considered. He only played the last moth and a half because of military time.

Comment

Originally posted by brett View Post
      Three questions:

1) Does a team have to field a centerfielder who played 162 games there in 5 years, or are all outfielders considered equal?

3) How is Bob Feller's '45 season to be considered. He only played the last moth and a half because of military time.
      1) i think CLD meant he had to play there 162 games in his career... but he might meant in the 5 year peak only

2) i imagine so, but i would be leery about them cuz most of the guys here take them down a notch due to LQ quality and their rules

3) '45 will not count as it is an exception due to war
      "Back before I injured my hip, I thought going to the gym was for wimps."
      Bo Jackson

Actually, I think they were about the same because I lettered in all sports, and I was a two-time state decathlon champion.
      Bo Jackson

My sophomore year I placed 2nd, and my junior and senior year - I got smart and piled up enough points between myself and second place where I didn't have to run the mile.
      Bo Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by brett View Post
        Three questions:

1.) Any one who has 162 career games in CF is game to play CF.
        2.) Since we only have 7 people in each leage, possibly eight, I'm leaning no.
        3.) Skipped. That doesn't count in his five year stretch.
        "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

"I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

Comment

So I should go ahead and pick, yes?

William Howard Mays Jr. (1954-58)
          Hey, this is my public apology for suddenly disappearing and missing out on any projects I may have neglected.

Comment

You can pick, just realize that we'll be split into two leagues, and there's a decent chance that you'll have the first pick in the other league, instead of the 8th pick in this league.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

Originally posted by philkid3 View Post
              So I should go ahead and pick, yes?

William Howard Mays Jr. (1954-58)
              i wouldnt pick if i was you... cuz you got a good chance to be number one pick in the other league.

so how many teams do we actually have now?
              Bo Jackson

Actually, I think they were about the same because I lettered in all sports, and I was a two-time state decathlon champion.
              Bo Jackson

My sophomore year I placed 2nd, and my junior and senior year - I got smart and piled up enough points between myself and second place where I didn't have to run the mile.
              Bo Jackson

Comment

He was injured one of these five years, and I'm still taking him:

Pedro Martinez, 1997-2001. Of course, if I end up with the first or second pick in the other league, I'll choose differently.
                "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

I'm pretty sure you're guaranteed to have either the first or 2nd pick in the other draft.

Comment

I passed on Pedro because I thought he'd be there later in the draft.

Hey, this is my public apology for suddenly disappearing and missing out on any projects I may have neglected.

Comment

You'll be able to get Pedro - either as your 1st pick in the other draft, or your next pick here, since ElHalo should be in the other draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Wade8813 View Post
                        You'll be able to get Pedro - either as your 1st pick in the other draft, or your next pick here, since ElHalo should be in the other draft.
                        so you know... dont we have 14 players? is leecemark playing? cuz CLD in the other thread said he got leecemark so that would make it 14 teams so 2 leagues with 7 teams each...
                        Bo Jackson

Bo Jackson

Bo Jackson

Comment

I may get two more people. However, it doesn't look all that great.
                          "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

"I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisLDuncan View Post
                            I may get two more people. However, it doesn't look all that great.
                            i would say just stop at 14 teams and get the 2 drafts going...
                            Bo Jackson

Bo Jackson

Bo Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by The Splendid Splinter View Post
                              i would say just stop at 14 teams and get the 2 drafts going...
                              I invited them, I'll give them to 9 CST (if not then whenever I get home) to get back, then we'll just start two seven team leagues. If we get more, I'll cross that bridge when/if I get too it.

Comment

Wait. Are we only going to have one pool of players for both drafts? I'm not sure how well that will work.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X