No announcement yet.

All-Time Draft Rematch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• --I don't see how a player still undrafted can be part of any deal. Trading advice on who to pick for a players is not a valid deal IMO.

Comment

• Why is that? As long as he's guaranteed to get someone he's ok with, what's the problem?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

• --Because you are trading something that doesn't belong to you. He should do his homework and find a better pitcher on his own.

Comment

• Just for clarity, Wade was going to gaurantee a certain player that he had in mind, and if that player was taken, STBF would get Smoltz for Ryan I presume who Wade could drop-though that part was never completely explained either which is part of the problem.

I think you can offer a gaurantee as long as you are not the only person who ultimately decides if the gaurentee was met. Clearly, a level of player has to be defined, or a specific list of players sent in a sealed message to the commissioner.

I have already made the trade in the stats, but it needs to be re-confirmed with the necessary specifics. If its not, I will, for the time being, switch the players back.

They are free to make a virtually identical deal with the specifics I mentioned. If they both still want it, it should be no problem.

Comment

• I've discussed all sorts of picks with DMF - he's given me ideas, and I've given him ideas. That's a completely legitimate way to decide who to pick.

Would it make you feel better if we did it the complicated way? He gives me Nolan Ryan and his waiver move, then I make the trade for him, and give him that player? Because it has the same result, and I'm pretty sure there's no way you can object to that way of doing it.

Just for clarity, Wade was going to gaurantee a certain player that he had in mind, and if that player was taken, STBF would get Smoltz for Ryan I presume who Wade could drop-though that part was never completely explained either which is part of the problem.
            Yeah, I'd have to get his waiver move, or something.
            Last edited by Wade8813; 02-27-2008, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wade8813 View Post
              I've discussed all sorts of picks with DMF - he's given me ideas, and I've given him ideas. That's a completely legitimate way to decide who to pick.

Would it make you feel better if we did it the complicated way? He gives me Nolan Ryan and his waiver move, then I make the trade for him, and give him that player? Because it has the same result, and I'm pretty sure there's no way you can object to that way of doing it.

Yeah, I'd have to get his waiver move, or something.
              He could give you Ryan for Smoltz and you two could have a personal agreement on what you would need to provide to trade the waiver guy back for Smoltz.

Comment

• Yeah, that could work to.

Comment

• All right, I'll agree to something here.
                  46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

• I just sent STBF the stat lines of the players, so he'll know approximately what he's going to get

Comment

• Originally posted by Wade8813 View Post
                      I just sent STBF the stat lines of the players, so he'll know approximately what he's going to get
                      So that's all you need. As long as he has a set of stat lines and knows what he is basically gauranteed, then at least 2 people are in control of the validity of the deal. He could even agree to take someone else later as long as he has this controlling information.

So Wade, are you keeping Smoltz for now. Either way is totally fine but is the deal that if he does not get a player from the list, or other acceptable player that he gets Smoltz?

Comment

• Okay, I'm pulling out of the trade. I'm convinced I'm not exactly getting the value I need to be getting with Santana. I'll make do on my own.
                        Last edited by SamtheBravesFan; 02-28-2008, 01:44 PM.
                        46 wins to match last year's total

Comment

• Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
                          I still feel a bit confused.
                          Here's the update at least as I understand it.

Chris cancelled the original deal because you asked and Wade accepted and there were concerns that the player that Wade would get for you can't just be any old player.

You two are free to re-arrange a NEW deal and will have no objection as long as Wade is guarenteeing you a player with a certain minimal stat line which you accept. If he can't get you that player, you get Smoltz and he will take Ryan at that point.

He sent you a set of statlines for pitchers (it appears). If you want to complete that NEW deal with the understanding that he will get you a waiver pitcher with one of those stat lines, then you are free to take that new deal.

Are you accepting that deal at this time? I am happy if you guys worked it out, but the original deal was quashed because you asked it to be cancelled and Wade accepted to let you cancell it AND if it wasn't cancelled other members had technical objections that you were each free to fix if you wanted to work a new deal.

Am I leaving anything out?

Comment

• Originally posted by SamtheBravesFan View Post
                            Okay, I'm pulling out of the trade. I'm convinced I'm not exactly getting the value I need to be getting with Santana. I'll make do on my own.
                            Maybe you guys can work out something else?

Comment

• The trade is nixed.
                              Last edited by Wade8813; 02-28-2008, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• Do I have to have six relievers, or can I have another player on the bench?
                                Hey, this is my public apology for suddenly disappearing and missing out on any projects I may have neglected.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X