This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by plask_stirlac View Post
    How on Earth did Minstrel hear about this and not me? I would've declined, but still.
    I got PM'd and happened to check BBF at just that time. Basically pure luck as far as timing and I felt impulsive, so I signed up.
    "In the end it all comes down to talent. You can talk all you want about intangibles, I just don't know what that means. Talent makes winners, not intangibles. Can nice guys win? Sure, nice guys can win - if they're nice guys with a lot of talent. Nice guys with a little talent finish fourth and nice guys with no talent finish last." --Sandy Koufax

Comment

• I'll do what I can to see if I can't get the front page updated by tonight.
      "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

"I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

Comment

• Originally posted by Minstrel View Post
        What was decided about bench players? Do they also have to abide by the "162 games at a position to play it" or not? My recollection was ChrisLDuncan said the rules were relaxed for bench players, but I'd like to know for sure.
        Just be reasonable. Don't try to draft a guy like Mo Vaughn and say he can fill in for short, however if you have a guy like Craig Biggio and think he can fill in at short then by all means have at it.
        "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

"I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

Comment

• I have a couple of question/suggestions.
          1) Can we have a short period to discuss trades prior to the waiver round-24 to 48 hours?

2) In the waiver round, when you are up, are you only allowed to drop and replace 1 player, or can you do 2 if you want to?

3) If we get through round 25 and WW is not back, can somebody finish up his draft before the waiver round. The other guys haven't missed more than 2 passes and could be back. We could ask someone else to finish up his draft.

I will draft for him. I don't think I'm making any waiver moves anyway.

Or if people really want to leave his team incomplete thats ok too. Its just a suggestion.

4) After the waiver round, we should set a date for finalizing trades after which rosters are set.

Comment

• So, Chris, have you PM'd the people who need to make up their picks? This is delaying too long.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

• Can I be like an expansion team that picks a crop of leftovers after all the drafting is done?
              1955 1959 1963 1965 1981 1988

1889 1890 1899 1900 1916 1920
              1941 1947 1949 1952 1953 1956
              1966 1974 1977 1978

1983 1985 1995 2004 2008 2009
              2013 2014

1996 2006

Comment

• --I think the project kind of peetered out. We don't seem to be moving on to the team matchups. Anyone heard anything from Chris in the last couple weeks?

Comment

• He said over IM we were probably going to start the waiver rounds without the people who missed picks. Then, if they didn't make their picks by the time the waiver rounds were finished, we'd just proceed without them.

I don't know why nothing's happened, however.

Comment

• Hmmm... has anything happened with this? because I still want to replace a guy on my team if possible...

for my waiver round pick... I want to pick up Jesse Orosco ('81-'83) and drop Dan Plesac. Probably doesn't matter since this draft is done for.

Although I would be willing to do a third draft if people want to do that. No Sims because I don't have any sims on my computer, but we can do a draft and then should post them in other forums as a poll and let people pick who got the best team in their mind (also making it like a 3 years/6 years/10 years/career option on the poll). Doing a draft is a lot of fun for me. Just let me know either by replying this or PM me.
                    Last edited by The Splendid Splinter; 06-09-2008, 08:15 PM.
                    "Back before I injured my hip, I thought going to the gym was for wimps."
                    Bo Jackson

Actually, I think they were about the same because I lettered in all sports, and I was a two-time state decathlon champion.
                    Bo Jackson

My sophomore year I placed 2nd, and my junior and senior year - I got smart and piled up enough points between myself and second place where I didn't have to run the mile.
                    Bo Jackson

Comment

• Splinter:

I'd like to do a rematch. Only not with any set requirements as to how to judge players. Just "best player available". And I'd want to limit it to eight participants, so it can be done quickly and be set up for a tournament easily.

Comment

• I'd be game.
                        "I will calmly wait for my induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame."
                        - Sammy Sosa

"Get a comfy chair, Sammy, cause its gonna be a long wait."
                        - Craig Ashley (AKA Windy City Fan)

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik Bedard View Post
                          Splinter:

I'd like to do a rematch. Only not with any set requirements as to how to judge players. Just "best player available". And I'd want to limit it to eight participants, so it can be done quickly and be set up for a tournament easily.
                          That's what I was thinking as well EB. 8 teams is perfect cuz I know we can get guys who will be there from start to finish and get the draft going quickly. I wasn't thinking of any requirement really either... if anything it would be career, but best available player sounds great and you can make it your style of how you would make a team. A tournament would be great as well and what forum should we use to do that so we can get a lot of people to vote? (after the draft and all) I got some ideas for the tournament but we'll discuss that after we get 8 teams.

I just wanna say while someone will win from the tournament. It's all just for fun and drafting the players you want for your team and whatever fits your style. We got 3 guys so far with me, EB, and WCF.
                          Bo Jackson

Actually, I think they were about the same because I lettered in all sports, and I was a two-time state decathlon champion.
                          Bo Jackson

My sophomore year I placed 2nd, and my junior and senior year - I got smart and piled up enough points between myself and second place where I didn't have to run the mile.
                          Bo Jackson

Comment

• I prefer some sort of criteria, but that's just 'cause I'm competitive by nature. But if everyone else prefers to make it more casual, I still want to participate.

Comment

• Four spots to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wade8813 View Post
                                I prefer some sort of criteria, but that's just 'cause I'm competitive by nature. But if everyone else prefers to make it more casual, I still want to participate.
                                That's cool Wade. I don't mind having criteria, but I wanted to do something different than the last 2 drafts. Plus, it's hard to come up with a very good criteria without searching for a long time or hard to find. I want it to be more career based criteria with prime factored into it. It's not just have no rules or criterias, but I want the 8 of us agree on something though instead of having 1 guys making all the rules and stuff.

As for the poll at the end... I was thinking of 6 options poll. Have 2 teams on there... then 3 questions to define like a 2-1 winner instead of voting one or the other. The questions are who wins a series? who wins at their best? and who wins for a career? If you don't like that, then we can just straight who wins team a or team b poll...

So far... EB, Wade, WCF, and me so far... 4 more to go.
                                Bo Jackson

Bo Jackson

Bo Jackson

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X