Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philkid3
    • Aug 2007

AstrosFan was just posting! Why didn't he pick?
    Hey, this is my public apology for suddenly disappearing and missing out on any projects I may have neglected.

Comment

• AstrosFan
      Supreme Dictator For Life
      • Apr 2006

Ted Williams 1941-48
      "Any pitcher who throws at a batter and deliberately tries to hit him is a communist."

- Alvin Dark

Comment

• Wade8813
        The Dark Knight = Amazing
        • Jul 2006

IMPORTANT - CLD changed his mind. This entire post was a waste. Ignore it.
        Last edited by Wade8813; 01-20-2008, 09:14 PM.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

• Minstrel
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Wade8813 View Post
          IMPORTANT - We will be splitting into two leagues soon, since we have so many people. Either Erik Bedard or PhilKid3 will have the last pick in this league, so any picks after them may not count.
          So then...should we halt selections until that is resolved?
          "In the end it all comes down to talent. You can talk all you want about intangibles, I just don't know what that means. Talent makes winners, not intangibles. Can nice guys win? Sure, nice guys can win - if they're nice guys with a lot of talent. Nice guys with a little talent finish fourth and nice guys with no talent finish last." --Sandy Koufax

Comment

• Wade8813
            • Jul 2006

Erik can make a pick. And PhilKid probably could too, although there's a 50% chance that PhilKid's pick won't count, and instead PhilKid will have the first pick in the other draft. Everyone else's picks don't matter, since they'll be dropped.

Comment

• ChrisLDuncan
              I <3 Yu Darvish
              • Sep 2006

Is everybody okay with two seven team leagues?
              "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

"I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

Comment

• Erik Bedard
                all of the time
                • Feb 2006

Cool with me. I'll take Greg Maddux (1994-98). Should I make another pick?

Comment

• Wade8813
                  • Jul 2006

No, not yet. We don't know if we're going to have 7 or 8 teams per league. You might not have the last pick.

Comment

• leecemark
                    • Apr 2004

--Does 2 leagues mean 2 drafts? We'll be picking from the same pool of players, just breaking into 2 pieces to compete. If we run separate drafts I'd bet that things get confused and players end up getting drafted by teams in both. I'd say we just keep going. Of course, as a last minute addition to the process I'll go along with whatever way you want to do it.

Comment

• leecemark
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Wade8813 View Post
                      No, not yet. We don't know if we're going to have 7 or 8 teams per league. You might not have the last pick.
                      ---16 participants would be better than 14, but we'd probably need to find
                      the other 2 people quickly before we start the second round.

Comment

• Wade8813
                        • Jul 2006

CLD has already PMed two people, and has given them a deadline to respond, so this should be finalized fairly quickly.

Also, I'm not sure, but I think the two drafts will actually be two separate drafts, much like our AL/NL before (although I think they'll both be using AL rules, to make it easier for them to be compared to each other).

Comment

• Minstrel
                          • Dec 2006

I'm fine with two 7 or 8 team leagues. One bigger league makes it more of a challenge to find great players. Two smaller leagues allows people to have more glittering all-timers, which is sort of the "spirit" of such a draft, in some sense.

So I see either one as good.
                          "In the end it all comes down to talent. You can talk all you want about intangibles, I just don't know what that means. Talent makes winners, not intangibles. Can nice guys win? Sure, nice guys can win - if they're nice guys with a lot of talent. Nice guys with a little talent finish fourth and nice guys with no talent finish last." --Sandy Koufax

Comment

• Wee Willie
                            • Aug 2005

I'd prefer two 7 or 8 team leagues. The draft should run a bit faster that way, as people would be less likely to forget it's their pick.

Comment

• The Splendid Splinter
                              Sweet Action Bo Jackson
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Wee Willie View Post
                              I'd prefer two 7 or 8 team leagues. The draft should run a bit faster that way, as people would be less likely to forget it's their pick.
                              yeah we should go with 2 leagues and probably should have 2 threads for each league so it wont be confusing in here and saying "i already got him a round earlier"...
                              "Back before I injured my hip, I thought going to the gym was for wimps."
                              Bo Jackson

Actually, I think they were about the same because I lettered in all sports, and I was a two-time state decathlon champion.
                              Bo Jackson

My sophomore year I placed 2nd, and my junior and senior year - I got smart and piled up enough points between myself and second place where I didn't have to run the mile.
                              Bo Jackson

Comment

• brett
                                • Jul 2006

Three questions:

1) Does a team have to field a centerfielder who played 162 games there in 5 years, or are all outfielders considered equal?

2) Are 19th century seasons in play

3) How is Bob Feller's '45 season to be considered. He only played the last moth and a half because of military time.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X