X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toledo Inquisition
    replied
    I'd be in, but due to work schedule and computer access there, I wouldn't be able to do it if we're all expected to draft in small windows of opportunity.

Leave a comment:

• Chadwick
    replied
    I'd be game if we did this again.

Leave a comment:

• chicagowhitesox1173
    replied
    I had a good time doing these too.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Grimm
    replied
    I miss these leagues and drafts. We did a ton last year and not even one this offseason

Leave a comment:

• Wade8813
    replied
    As for the poll at the end... I was thinking of 6 options poll. Have 2 teams on there... then 3 questions to define like a 2-1 winner instead of voting one or the other. The questions are who wins a series? who wins at their best? and who wins for a career? If you don't like that, then we can just straight who wins team a or team b poll...
    Definitely an interesting idea.

Leave a comment:

• Erik Bedard
    replied
    I was thinking a Team A/Team B poll, but that sounds good too. I'd be fine with either.

Leave a comment:

• The Splendid Splinter
    replied
    Originally posted by Wade8813 View Post
    I prefer some sort of criteria, but that's just 'cause I'm competitive by nature. But if everyone else prefers to make it more casual, I still want to participate.
    That's cool Wade. I don't mind having criteria, but I wanted to do something different than the last 2 drafts. Plus, it's hard to come up with a very good criteria without searching for a long time or hard to find. I want it to be more career based criteria with prime factored into it. It's not just have no rules or criterias, but I want the 8 of us agree on something though instead of having 1 guys making all the rules and stuff.

As for the poll at the end... I was thinking of 6 options poll. Have 2 teams on there... then 3 questions to define like a 2-1 winner instead of voting one or the other. The questions are who wins a series? who wins at their best? and who wins for a career? If you don't like that, then we can just straight who wins team a or team b poll...

So far... EB, Wade, WCF, and me so far... 4 more to go.

Leave a comment:

• Erik Bedard
    replied
    Four spots to go.

Leave a comment:

• Wade8813
    replied
    I prefer some sort of criteria, but that's just 'cause I'm competitive by nature. But if everyone else prefers to make it more casual, I still want to participate.

Leave a comment:

• The Splendid Splinter
    replied
    Originally posted by Erik Bedard View Post
    Splinter:

I'd like to do a rematch. Only not with any set requirements as to how to judge players. Just "best player available". And I'd want to limit it to eight participants, so it can be done quickly and be set up for a tournament easily.
    That's what I was thinking as well EB. 8 teams is perfect cuz I know we can get guys who will be there from start to finish and get the draft going quickly. I wasn't thinking of any requirement really either... if anything it would be career, but best available player sounds great and you can make it your style of how you would make a team. A tournament would be great as well and what forum should we use to do that so we can get a lot of people to vote? (after the draft and all) I got some ideas for the tournament but we'll discuss that after we get 8 teams.

I just wanna say while someone will win from the tournament. It's all just for fun and drafting the players you want for your team and whatever fits your style. We got 3 guys so far with me, EB, and WCF.

Leave a comment:

• Windy City Fan
    replied
    I'd be game.

Leave a comment:

• Erik Bedard
    replied
    Splinter:

I'd like to do a rematch. Only not with any set requirements as to how to judge players. Just "best player available". And I'd want to limit it to eight participants, so it can be done quickly and be set up for a tournament easily.

Leave a comment:

• The Splendid Splinter
    replied
    Hmmm... has anything happened with this? because I still want to replace a guy on my team if possible...

for my waiver round pick... I want to pick up Jesse Orosco ('81-'83) and drop Dan Plesac. Probably doesn't matter since this draft is done for.

Although I would be willing to do a third draft if people want to do that. No Sims because I don't have any sims on my computer, but we can do a draft and then should post them in other forums as a poll and let people pick who got the best team in their mind (also making it like a 3 years/6 years/10 years/career option on the poll). Doing a draft is a lot of fun for me. Just let me know either by replying this or PM me.
    Last edited by The Splendid Splinter; 06-09-2008, 08:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wade8813
    replied
    He said over IM we were probably going to start the waiver rounds without the people who missed picks. Then, if they didn't make their picks by the time the waiver rounds were finished, we'd just proceed without them.

I don't know why nothing's happened, however.

Leave a comment:

• leecemark
    replied
    --I think the project kind of peetered out. We don't seem to be moving on to the team matchups. Anyone heard anything from Chris in the last couple weeks?

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X