X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-Time Draft Rematch

Don't post your picks here.

(See the 'DRAFT PAGE' for the picks taken)

Since I'm first, I'll take Babe Ruth (1920-1924)

Babe Ruth.jpg
    Last edited by Wade8813; 01-12-2008, 07:17 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Wade... just so you know... you probably might want to say the years also... and put the draft order in your first post...

as for me with the 2nd pick... while i don't like him as a person, but i can't deny what he did on the field... even if he had help.

I'll take Barry Bonds (2000-2004)...
    "Back before I injured my hip, I thought going to the gym was for wimps."
    Bo Jackson

Actually, I think they were about the same because I lettered in all sports, and I was a two-time state decathlon champion.
    Bo Jackson

My sophomore year I placed 2nd, and my junior and senior year - I got smart and piled up enough points between myself and second place where I didn't have to run the mile.
    Bo Jackson

Comment

Deleted post.
      "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

"I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

Comment

Ugh. Ninth overall pick isn't going to get me one of the top guys. Strangely, I've always had luck with these drafts as far as getting one of the top picks go, never drafting lower than fourth.
        "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

Quick question: How many players will we be drafting?
          "Any pitcher who throws at a batter and deliberately tries to hit him is a communist."

- Alvin Dark

Comment

25 .

Comment

2B Rogers Hornsby

1921-1925
              Originally posted by Domenic
              The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Honus Wagner, 1905-1909

Comment

Can people post a running list?
                  1) Ruth
                  2) Bonds
                  3) Hornsby
                  4) Wagner

Comment

I guess I can make one in my initial post.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

-----Walter Johnson-----
                      bigtrain.jpg
                      (1911-1915)
                      Here's to baseball... The best sport made.

"There are two theories on hitting a knuckleball. Unfortunately, neither of them works." ― Charlie Lau

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Willie View Post
                        Honus Wagner, 1905-1909
                        It was a tough decision for me between Wagner and Hornsby, I pretty much flipped a coin in my head.
                        Originally posted by Domenic
                        The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Westlake View Post
                          It was a tough decision for me between Wagner and Hornsby, I pretty much flipped a coin in my head.
                          Really, you couldn't go wrong with either. Both would have been tremendous picks.
                          Here's to baseball... The best sport made.

"There are two theories on hitting a knuckleball. Unfortunately, neither of them works." ― Charlie Lau

Comment

Originally posted by Westlake View Post
                            I initially was leaning Walter, but like you, I just couldn't pass on a marquee middle infielder.

Comment

Originally posted by Disgruntaledmarinerfan View Post
                              Really, you couldn't go wrong with either. Both would have been tremendous picks.
                              You can't go wrong with Walter at #5, either. His 5 year peak just dwarfs all other pitchers.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X