New Draft League(?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tyrus4189Cobb View Post
    I'll do WS Losers, but wouldn't y'all rather save that one? I mean, we just did one with the same premise.

Which one is it looking like? Am I still to host it or would someone else like a turn?
    I'm fine with you hosting it, just curious but how many people do you think will be in it.
    I'm hoping it starts soon because that last one was really fun, I miss looking up and reading about players.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

1. Player per State
      2. New Fangled
      3. World Series Losers

Comment

With Ron's new vote, it's looking like

Player Per State Draft - 9
        Nomad Draft - 7
        World Series Losers Draft - 7
        Newfangled Player Per Team Draft - 5
        Gap Draft - 1

Unless there's more votes, shall I go ahead and assume the Nomad Draft is next on our agenda?

So far it's me, ian, chicago, ron, and matthew. Anyone else interested?
        "Allen Sutton Sothoron pitched his initials off today."--1920s article

Comment

With Ron's new vote, it's looking like

Player Per State Draft - 9
          Nomad Draft - 7
          World Series Losers Draft - 7
          Newfangled Player Per Team Draft - 5
          Gap Draft - 1

Unless there's more votes, shall I go ahead and assume the Nomad Draft is next on our agenda?

Ty, don't you mean the Player per state draft is next?

Comment

Originally posted by BigRon View Post
            Ty, don't you mean the Player per state draft is next?
            Yeah sorry

Comment

I'm sure Brad would be if he weren't having his computer issues, or whatever's going on with him.
              Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

I PMed Wade8813. I'll wait until his response. After that, shall I set up the draft thread to start oh, say October 24th?

Comment

Originally posted by ian2813 View Post
                  I'm sure Brad would be if he weren't having his computer issues, or whatever's going on with him.
                  This is the longest running set of computer issues in history.

Comment

I PMed Wade8813. I'll wait until his response. After that, shall I set up the draft thread to start oh, say October 24th?
                    I'm ready to begin whenever everyone else is.
                    Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

How many participants do we have so far? I think these drafts run best with 7, 8, 9, or 10. less than 7 is pretty thin.

Comment

How many participants do we have so far? I think these drafts run best with 7, 8, 9, or 10. less than 7 is pretty thin.
                        I'd rather have a draft with six committed participants than a larger draft where a third of the participants aren't all that into it. It was kind of depressing during the last draft when one person quit in the middle of it, and another disappeared as soon as his team was eliminated from the playoffs.
                        Last edited by ian2813; 10-20-2011, 06:46 PM.
                        Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

Originally posted by ian2813 View Post
                          I'd rather have a draft with six committed participants than a larger draft where a third of the participants aren't all that into it. It was kind of depressing during the last draft when one person quit in the middle of it, and another disappeared as soon as his team was eliminated from the playoffs.
                          All true- but how do we measure commitment in advance, other than the track records of some participants?

Comment

All true- but how do we measure commitment in advance, other than the track records of some participants?
                            I think track records and the amount of initial enthusiasm shown are the best way to go. The people who weren't all that committed in the last draft were people I recruited through PM based on having participated in drafts years ago, and they seemed to be participating in more of a "sure, why not?" kind of way. I think it's safe to say that those of us who've been discussing the draft in this thread are highly likely to be committed to it.
                            Baseball Junk Drawer

Comment

$50 deposit into my bank account, to be returned when you cast your final vote in the playoffs.

Wade never got back to me. Five isn't too bad, but one more committed person would be ideal. I don't know who else is interested. Maybe Sockeye?

Comment

$50 deposit into my bank account, to be returned when you cast your final vote in the playoffs.

Wade never got back to me. Five isn't too bad, but one more committed person would be ideal. I don't know who else is interested. Maybe Sockeye?
                                Maybe it's just me, but 5 feels like too few.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X