• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9RoyHobbsRF
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
    Nice job everybody and good drafting.

I, like pretty much anybody, either missed out on a player (Rolen & W. Clark taken right before me in same round) or two and had to make some adjustments. Even though it wasn't used much, I did like the trading aspect.

Now comes the (ugh) fun part - the vote. I'd like to have all votes in by Wednesday evening if possible. It's difficult in leagues like this since practically everybody's an All-Star, and the differences between each team are marginal. I'd like to change the process up a bit as to create a better spread in the scoring.

We will each submit a list of teams (1-7) other than our own in order of overall quality. Simply post your list in order from "best" to "worst".

Once all lists are submitted, a point value will be given to each:

Each 1st place vote: 15 pts
    Each 2nd place vote: 12 pts
    Each 3rd place vote: 9 pts
    Each 4th place vote: 6 pts
    Each 5th place vote: 4 pts
    Each 6th place vote: 2 pts
    Each 7th place vote: 1 pt

Here's a quick schedule for the voting process:

Sunday 11:59pm ET (8:59pm PT): Deadline for team rosters to be submitted
    Monday 6:00am ET (3:00am PT): Voting opens
    Wednesday 11:59pm ET (8:59pm PT): Voting closes
    Thursday 3:00pm ET (noon PT): Final results will be posted

If anybody feels there's a better way to go, let me know asap so I can revise before any votes are in. Thanks.
    Are there any safeguards to prevent the Russian and French judges from swapping first place votes for each other

Leave a comment:

• Ben Grimm
    replied
    Originally posted by BigRon View Post
    Ben, I suggest a date to have team info in the roster page. If votes are expected latest neext Tuesday, I suggest giving us until Saturday night to complete our roster pages, and nobody voting until Sunday AM. Maybe that's just because I'm behind on it.
    Good idea Ron. I extended things a bit because people are busy on weekends - as we've seen by the limited number of picks made during those times. I've created a schedule above that should work for everybody.

Leave a comment:

• BigRon
    replied
    Ben, I suggest a date to have team info in the roster page. If votes are expected latest neext Tuesday, I suggest giving us until Saturday night to complete our roster pages, and nobody voting until Sunday AM. Maybe that's just because I'm behind on it.

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post

I, like pretty much anybody, either missed out on a player (Rolen & W. Clark taken right before me in same round) or two and had to make some adjustments. Even though it wasn't used much, I did like the trading aspect.

Now comes the (ugh) fun part - the vote. I'd like to have all votes in by Tuesday evening if possible. It's difficult in leagues like this since practically everybody's an All-Star, and the differences between each team are marginal. I'd like to change the process up a bit as to create a better spread in the scoring.

We will each submit a list of teams (1-7) other than our own in order of overall quality. Simply post your list in order from "best" to "worst".

If anybody feels there's a better way to go, let me know asap so I can revise before any votes are in. Thanks.
    This is the best way to do it - head to head takes too long.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Grimm
    replied

Now comes the (ugh) fun part - the vote. I'd like to have all votes in by Wednesday evening if possible. It's difficult in leagues like this since practically everybody's an All-Star, and the differences between each team are marginal. I'd like to change the process up a bit as to create a better spread in the scoring.

Here's a quick schedule for the voting process:

Sunday 11:59pm ET (8:59pm PT): Deadline for team rosters to be submitted
    Monday 6:00am ET (3:00am PT): Voting opens
    Wednesday 11:59pm ET (8:59pm PT): Voting closes
    Thursday 3:00pm ET (noon PT): Final results will be posted

Last edited by Ben Grimm; 10-19-2012, 07:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• chicagowhitesox1173
    replied
    Originally posted by ian2813 View Post
    Would 1987 Jack Clark have been available, considering he didn't play in the World Series?
    I forgot about that. Yeah he woulda been disqualified. I didn't realize Rube Waddell was unavailable until somebody tryed picking him up too.

Leave a comment:

• ian2813
    replied
    Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
    I was kinda surprised nobody picked up 1987 Jack Clark or 1924 Ross Youngs.
    Would 1987 Jack Clark have been available, considering he didn't play in the World Series?

Leave a comment:

• ian2813
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Wade8813
    replied
    I don't remember who all I wanted to take but missed out on. Most of it I just write off as "part of the draft". A few of them, I could have maybe done something different though.

I was seriously considering Yount, but I thought there was a decent chance he might slip since he doesn't normally get taken for several rounds, people tend to have not done all their research by the first round, and frankly, I really didn't like the idea of him as my FIRST pick. Reese is clearly a step down, but I got him enough rounds later that I'm happy.

I wanted Rolen and Pujols, but I feel I got as much or slightly more value with the players I took instead those rounds when combined with the people I took instead at those positions.

I'm very happy with my team, and don't think there's any picks I would have made differently

Leave a comment:

• Bothrops Atrox
    replied
    I would have if I hadn't taken Ozzie.

Leave a comment:

• Tyrus4189Cobb
    replied
    I wanted Youngs but couldn't put another lefty on my bench.

Also no one took 1984 Tony Gwynn

Leave a comment:

• 9RoyHobbsRF
    replied
    I considered Clark but his splits were not impressive and he is pretty much a one dimensional player

Leave a comment:

• chicagowhitesox1173
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 9RoyHobbsRF
    replied
    Ok I can now reveal who I targeted as my #25 pick and he was available

A 20 game winner a stellar world series performer and a famous author and a real personality

Jim Bouton - 1963 Yankees

but I also wanted a Brown and I was worried about too many 1940s pitchers but 1941 Wyatt was before the war and I was impressed with the low HR allowed by Kramer - just 3 in over 240 IP
    Last edited by 9RoyHobbsRF; 10-18-2012, 06:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BigRon
    replied
    Okay, last pick of the draft: I was all set to take Deacon Phillippe- in fact I was typing it in- but decided to check again and found that 1903 Pirates are off the board. So, I'll take another righthander-

Waite Hoyt 1921 New York Yankees.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X