No announcement yet.

World Series Losers: Roster Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It really depends on who else is taken. Also that #17 pick is pretty nice...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

• My jaw is still slack since round 1 when matthew took 1926 Ruth over 1921 Ruth.... maybe it's just me.
      "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
        My jaw is still slack since round 1 when matthew took 1926 Ruth over 1921 Ruth.... maybe it's just me.
        I thought that Carl Mays and Waite Hoyt could be sleepers that I might want to nab later in the draft.
        1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
        The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew C. View Post
          I thought that Carl Mays and Waite Hoyt could be sleepers that I might want to nab later in the draft.
          Makes sense. And I don't knock that because I did the same thing in some choices... but being the #1 pick overall.... it did leave a bit of taste in my mouth I think and that's one reason I didn't hold your team to that high esteem that it really could have been. perception becomes reality - sorry man.
          "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

• Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
            Yeah 1 and 16 is pretty rough.
            this is why trading is so cool
            1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
            2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
            3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
              perception becomes reality - sorry man.
              I have two kids (2 and 2 months), two jobs, and a wife. Trust me, I am losing no sleep by finishing 5th or 6th in an on-line baseball draft.

Now watching my team blow yet another 3-1 series lead? Yeah, I lost a little sleep on that one.
              1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
              The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

• Originally posted by 9RoyHobbsRF View Post
                this is why trading is so cool
                I was kinda scared to do any trades but it looks like it worked out well for both you and Ben.
                "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

• Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
                  This was one draft where I think being in the 1 spot and 8 spot made it tough to get the players you normally wanted. I thought your first two picks were excellent and you've always picked up the best available and Matt obviously made the right choice with Babe Ruth but I gotta admit being in a middle spot like I was really helped me. It usually does even out in these drafts though. It seems like your in the 8th spot alot lately. You can win in the 8th spot because Matt did it but I think there is a disadvantage too.
                  That's why I hope we do the auction draft we are talking about - there are no draft positions - everyone has an equal chance at getting the players they want.

Comment

• There are a lot of times when I'd rather have the #1 pick. I think you guys are too down on it.

Also, technically, if trading picks are allowed, we could just trade draft positions (I would have the first pick, you would have had the 2nd - although I don't know if that's any better for you
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew C. View Post
                      Now watching my team blow yet another 3-1 series lead? Yeah, I lost a little sleep on that one.
                      Yeah that was rough. And that's understandable when you're such a fan of a team.

It was kind of interesting in this town - nobody wanted San Fran or St Louis to reach the WS since they both knocked the Phillies out the previous two years and went on to win a title.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wade8813 View Post
                        There are a lot of times when I'd rather have the #1 pick. I think you guys are too down on it.
                        It could depend on the type of draft - hence the talent depth. In a draft like this one, there's plenty of talent to go around so being #1 might not be as beneficial. But in a thinner one, having the best player along with 2 other picks in the top-20 can certainly have its priveledges.

I think also that in a thinner draft, there could be more trade action.

Comment

• Just curious if anyone found the fact that all of my pitchers except 1 allowed 3 HR or less (the other allowed 10 in 288 IP) and my entire ten man staff allowed only 36 HR - despite having only 2 deadball pitchers and one of those (Alexander, 1915) was arguaby the greatest pitching season ever
                          1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
                          2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
                          3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X