No announcement yet.

New draft: Stock teams with certain parameters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the rest of the teams is the same? I forgot what combination I have but I think it was 1 AL team and 7 NL teams. So will I have only 2 teams which I adjust or do we make new teams with each passing week?

Just wanna make sure I got this right. So I can make 7 moves with my 1931 A's and 7 moves with my 1905 Giants. When we pick these other teams i'll get 7 more for each team then?
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
      For the rest of the teams is the same? I forgot what combination I have but I think it was 1 AL team and 7 NL teams. So will I have only 2 teams which I adjust or do we make new teams with each passing week?

Just wanna make sure I got this right. So I can make 7 moves with my 1931 A's and 7 moves with my 1905 Giants. When we pick these other teams i'll get 7 more for each team then?
      1) 7 moves for each team

2) we are only doing it for these 2 teams - there are no more teams after this
      1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
      2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
      3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 9RoyHobbsRF View Post
        1) 7 moves for each team

2) we are only doing it for these 2 teams - there are no more teams after this
        Ok I think i have it. Thanks.
        "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

My 1905 Giants team only has 21 players. Is it still a 1.0 move to pickup a guy if i'm not dropping anyone?

Comment

hmmm tough one

but it would seem unfair for you to add 11 players while everyone else added 7

but you also need to be able to compete

can you find some "B" level players form 1904 NYG or 1906 NYG to help you out?
            1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
            2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise

Comment

hmmm tough one

but it would seem unfair for you to add 11 players while everyone else added 7

but you also need to be able to compete

can you find some "B" level players form 1904 NYG or 1906 NYG to help you out?
              Could I change my team? I'll let somebody else choose the team if that makes it more fair.

The 1904 and 1906 Giants are kinda built the same way, they have the extra players but they played very little.

Comment

That's the problem with many of those pre-1920 teams. Their starters played almost every day so their benches are thin and they didn't use the bullpen all that much unless you find a lesser team who needed more players. I was looking at a few, but decided against it since they only had 21-23 players and it would have cost too many points to give the team proper depth.
                "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Yep....when Moonlight Graham is one of your options you know your in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
                    Could I change my team? I'll let somebody else choose the team if that makes it more fair.

The 1904 and 1906 Giants are kinda built the same way, they have the extra players but they played very little.
                    I would say a definite yes based on the low amount of players

(I knew this before as Strat-O-Matic released the 1905 NY Giants and 1906 Cubs as part of their oldtimer team set in 1974. All teams had 20 players but the Cubs only had 19 and the Giants only 17 - the only time Strat has ever released teams with less than 20 players).

Comment

I would say a definite yes based on the low amount of players

(I knew this before as Strat-O-Matic released the 1905 NY Giants and 1906 Cubs as part of their oldtimer team set in 1974. All teams had 20 players but the Cubs only had 19 and the Giants only 17 - the only time Strat has ever released teams with less than 20 players).
                      Should I choose? I don't mind if somebody else chooses either as long as it's not the 1962 Mets.

Comment

feel free to choose your team but it can't be a year that is now ruled ineligible

Comment

1925 Pittsburgh Pirates, I'm pretty sure they would be available.

Comment

sounds good

good luck with your new team

I think some guy named Rogers played around that time

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X