Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody interested?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anybody interested?

    It has been a long time since we have done anything. Seems like a good time. Not sure i have the time to facilitate something, but maybe somebody else would like to. Something simple? Maybe even a repeat, like an ABC draft?
    1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

    1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

    1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015


    The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
    The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

  • #2
    Originally posted by Bothrops Atrox View Post
    It has been a long time since we have done anything. Seems like a good time. Not sure i have the time to facilitate something, but maybe somebody else would like to. Something simple? Maybe even a repeat, like an ABC draft?
    Agreed. Offseason is a great time to do these. I had a blast doing them last year, and hopefully we can get back some interest again.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm up for it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Count me in.

        Comment


        • #5
          Anybody interested in running it? I just can't right now.
          1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

          1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

          1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015


          The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
          The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

          Comment


          • #6
            I would join again. My only problem is that I can't use a computer at work anymore so there might be a 9-10 hour waiting period for me.
            "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

            "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

            Comment


            • #7
              Anybody interested in doing something?
              1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

              1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

              1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015


              The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
              The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

              Comment


              • #8
                What is the ABC draft mentioned in the OP? I don't think I have ever heard of that before.
                "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Herr28 View Post
                  What is the ABC draft mentioned in the OP? I don't think I have ever heard of that before.
                  I didn't participate in that one, but I think the idea was all of a team's last names had to begin with different letters.
                  1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

                  1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

                  1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015


                  The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                  The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Count me in.
                    Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Francoeurstein View Post
                      Count me in.
                      Still not sure I could run it. Just throwing the idea out there.
                      1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

                      1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

                      1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015


                      The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                      The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Bothrops Atrox View Post
                        I didn't participate in that one, but I think the idea was all of a team's last names had to begin with different letters.
                        OK. What happens after the teams are drafted? Is there a simulation or something that plays out a season? What were the limits to the draft, I mean in years? For example something like only players in 1986 or players from 1923-1928? Just curious what the game was beyond picking teams.
                        "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Herr28 View Post
                          OK. What happens after the teams are drafted? Is there a simulation or something that plays out a season? What were the limits to the draft, I mean in years? For example something like only players in 1986 or players from 1923-1928? Just curious what the game was beyond picking teams.
                          Usually we have a vote between the members of the draft. I think you would like it. Everyone that I was a part of has been fun. I'm still in, if this hapens.
                          "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

                          "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            One of the drafts we did, we had other members vote for who they thought had the best team. I always thought if we did a poll on each team would work the best.
                            "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

                            "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
                              Usually we have a vote between the members of the draft. I think you would like it. Everyone that I was a part of has been fun. I'm still in, if this hapens.
                              Thanks for the answer. I lost the thread for a while. I didn't know it was up in a sticky when I came back to this forum to look for it.

                              Any takers on something like this? After the playoffs perhaps?
                              "It ain't braggin' if you can do it." Dizzy Dean

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X