Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack - Let me walk you through it, using the report I created to generate the Free Agent Batters list for the CKL. First I had to create the report, get it how I wanted it, and then save it as a memorized report. When you save a memorized report you can name it whatever you want - what works best for you to remember what it is. So in DM, I go to Report, Standard. This brings up a list of all the possible Report Types. I highlight Batting report, since it's a list of free agent batters, then I highlight the actual report, CKL Free agent batters. Now, the important part: at the bottom, make sure you select To a file in HTML format (see picture below). The default is to Display, but you don't want to do that - you want a file you can use in Excel.

Capture.JPG

Now, click on Generate. A box will pop up asking you to name the file and indicate where you want it saved - the standard Windows dialogue box for saving a file. Give it a name and save it. Once it's saved, simply open up Excel and open the HTML file you just saved. Now, re-save it as an Excel file. Once it's saved as an Excel file, you can work with it. Actually, you can work with the HTML file too, then just save it as an Excel file when you're done editing. Either way works.

Hope that helps.

Incidentally, you could also generate it as a text file in DM (another choice for report generation) and then import the text file into Excel, but I've found it is a lot easier to save it as an HTML file and import that into Excel.
    Last edited by catcher24; 03-23-2013, 04:31 PM.
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

• Lew, THANK YOU VERY MUCH I'll give it a try soon.

Jack
      Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

• Originally posted by dust bunnies View Post
        Lew, THANK YOU VERY MUCH I'll give it a try soon.

Jack
        now I feel un-needed
        Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X