Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick note - if any owner needs someone to help with pullbacks or a draft list, I expect to be present Friday for the duration. I'd be happy to help anyone out who may need it.
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

I know I'll be late. I'll review my eligible players and send you a pullback list.

Comment

Originally posted by catcher24 View Post
        Ed, what would I possibly do in the Hulbert next season if you aren't managing the bedraggled Badgers? Who, incidentally, gave the Legends all they could handle all season long!
        And since I'll be drafting (mostly) before you for a few years, I SHOULD improve on the 10-14 record vs. Legends in '68. Thats if we keep unbalanced schedule.

On another note, how do I go about renaming team "Beleaguered Badgers"? If I can get new name approved before start of '69 I can reap benefits of selling all new Jerseys to our rabid fans.

Ed - Beleaguered owner of Bedraggled Badgers (Warning alliteration WILL continue and get a lot worse )
        There are 10 kinds of people. Those who get binary and those who don't.

Comment

--If you want that to be your official name its no problem to make the switch. I'm guessing you'll still be at least somewhat bedraggled for at least another season anyway, although escaping the cellar is definately within your reach.

Comment

Originally posted by leecemark View Post
            --If you want that to be your official name its no problem to make the switch. I'm guessing you'll still be at least somewhat bedraggled for at least another season anyway, although escaping the cellar is definately within your reach.
            I DO want the name change but..... it feels like I'm having more fun campaigning for the name change than I will probably have in getting the change. Does that make ANY sense?

Meanwhile, will be looking up more synonyms

Ed

Comment

Ed - Beleaguered owner of Bedraggled Badgers (Warning alliteration WILL continue and get a lot worse
              You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

Guys, just a straw poll, but I'm looking for some opinions. I've been working on changing the design of the web site on and off for a while. I have designed a new home page, but I have also done a slight update to the old to reflect the new league set up. If you get a chance, check them out quick and let me know which design you think works best. Most of the links on the old site will work fine; not as much on the new site will work, although some of the links will work.

BTW, from the new website link to the Legends home page. I hope to eventually have a similar page for each team, but this phase is just beginning. Any comments, ideas or suggestions will be taken under consideration.

New site

Current site

Comment

Originally posted by catcher24 View Post
                  Guys, just a straw poll, but I'm looking for some opinions. I've been working on changing the design of the web site on and off for a while. I have designed a new home page, but I have also done a slight update to the old to reflect the new league set up. If you get a chance, check them out quick and let me know which design you think works best. Most of the links on the old site will work fine; not as much on the new site will work, although some of the links will work.

BTW, from the new website link to the Legends home page. I hope to eventually have a similar page for each team, but this phase is just beginning. Any comments, ideas or suggestions will be taken under consideration.

New site

Current site
                  I like the new site much better...clean and simple. Not sure about the pink though.

Comment

Originally posted by jkc32 View Post
                    I like the new site much better...clean and simple. Not sure about the pink though.

Much cleaner....scratch the pink..makes me want to take Pepto Bismol...and I hate PB..ha!

"I want all of you rookies to line up in alphabetical order by height." Casey Stengel

Comment

Quick question;

Those drafted before 1963, that are picked in the expansion draft, how long are they locked in for, for the expansion team?
                      AL East Champions: 1981 1982
                      AL Pennant: 1982
                      NL Central Champions: 2011
                      NL Wild Card: 2008

"It was like coming this close to your dreams and then watching them brush past you like a stranger in a crowd. At the time you don't think much of it; you know, we just don't recognize the significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, 'Well, there'll be other days.' I didn't realize that that was the only day." - Moonlight Graham

Comment

--Players drafted in 1961, provided they have not previously been free agents, are on year to year open ended deals. All players drafted in 1962 were free agents after 1967 and their contracts vary. Whatever term they were signed for, which should be indicated in the expansion eligible list.

Comment

New site is easier to navigate but I prefer the old one because it has these big, clunky Sega Genesis sort of images. I can't peel my eyes away!
                          1955 1959 1963 1965 1981 1988

1889 1890 1899 1900 1916 1920
                          1941 1947 1949 1952 1953 1956
                          1966 1974 1977 1978

1983 1985 1995 2004 2008 2009
                          2013 2014

1996 2006

Comment

Andy Kosco is listed twice by the Angels...don't know whether or not that's a violation although I'm sure it's an oversight.

The Diablos only have seven eligibles.

Round 1-3: Diablos lose a player (1)
                            Post-Rounds: Diablos pull back two players (2-3)
                            Round 4-6: Diablos lose a player (4)
                            Post-Rounds: Diablos pull back two players (5-6)
                            Round 7-9: Diablos lose a player (7)
                            Post-Rounds: Diablos pull back nobody? Pullbacks are finished?

So, technically, whoever has 36th pick automatically receives the remaining expansion eligible member of the Diablos, no?

Other question, after the pullbacks have been completed for Friday, they're done altogether, right? Does this leave expansion GM's in the clear to draft from whichever team they please?

Gibson, Josh - 67-69 Draft - .750
                            ? Who is this supposed to be?
                            Last edited by BlueBlood; 05-16-2008, 12:55 AM.
                            1955 1959 1963 1965 1981 1988

1889 1890 1899 1900 1916 1920
                            1941 1947 1949 1952 1953 1956
                            1966 1974 1977 1978

1983 1985 1995 2004 2008 2009
                            2013 2014

1996 2006

Comment

Josh Gibson should be Russ Gibson

Ed

Comment

No its really the Hall of Fame catcher...we just make stats every year.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X