• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll trade someone two of the following:

Rick Reichardt
    Ron Swoboda
    Dick Kelley

plus my 4th/5th in 70 and third in 71 for the next upcoming pick (right now it's the Redbirds).
    1955 1959 1963 1965 1981 1988

1889 1890 1899 1900 1916 1920
    1941 1947 1949 1952 1953 1956
    1966 1974 1977 1978

1983 1985 1995 2004 2008 2009
    2013 2014

1996 2006

Comment

• Originally posted by J W View Post
      If it means anything, he was the other player I gave a "B" grade and I was thiiiiis close to taking him over Lersch. Seeing as you're so high on him I guess trade talks are out of the question. :candle:

For reference, a worthwhile fifteen players received an "A" or "B" this season from Beanie Bill; and, this draft is stocked in the middle with 24 "C" grades, which should take us through the middle of round three.
      Trade talks with us are never out of the question. Sizemore is a really good fit for our team though so it would take a lot to pry him away from us. Feel free to shoot us an offer in PM land.
      My dream ballpark dimensions
      LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
      RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
      Location....San Diego

Comment

• Originally posted by mac195 View Post
        This is the player Mark was hinting at all along. I almost took him at the end of the 1st round.
        Nice to know I wasn't going crazy and he was on other people's radar as well.
        My dream ballpark dimensions
        LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
        RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
        Location....San Diego

Comment

• Mestarts to think I could've acquired Morton without all the hassle and loss of my next third round pick (which will surely be 33rd overall).

I promise to not screw up so bad next time. :bowdown:
          1955 1959 1963 1965 1981 1988

1889 1890 1899 1900 1916 1920
          1941 1947 1949 1952 1953 1956
          1966 1974 1977 1978

1983 1985 1995 2004 2008 2009
          2013 2014

1996 2006

Comment

• --Morton is a pretty solid innings eater. I had him as the 7th best SP in the draft and thought he might go higher than that. If you use IP/ERA as your primary criteria he could have ranked as high as 3rd amoung SP, but his WHIP and HR allowed are less impressive. Sizemore I thought might go in the first. He gives an immediate payoff and is a decent starter for all 6 years under team control.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sockeye View Post
              It's scary how much we think alike Lew! He was 4th on my draft board. I've been trying to trade up to take him since the late 1st round as I thought for sure he would be chosen before now. Couldn't get anyone to trade down without asking for the farm. Sizemore is the only player in the entire draft that I would want to have on my team for each of his first 6 seasons. As you pointed out his power is next to nothing but his OBP+ is actually 102 or higher in each of his first 6 seasons. Not half bad considering his position. He's also a very good defensive second baseman. Can also fill in at SS, 3B, or OF if need be. If all goes according to plan he'll be our starting 2B and 9th place hitter for the next 6 seasons.

I'm also pretty sure he was the player Mark was thinking of a while back.
              It is scary how much we think alike. Sizemore was very high on my board as well. I actually figured him to go top 10 for sure and simply couldn't believe it when he was still there at #21! I still think I might've made a mistake in basically trading him for the first rounder next year. :noidea Obviously I'm hoping Kyle doesn't do very well so that first rounder is a top 10 pick! And picking Sizemore up now at the 250K salary level is simply a steal. The one thing that convinced me to take the pick is that I have Joe Morgan at second base and Ron Santo at third for the next four years, so the gamble was worth it. Tatum wasn't even a consideration, since Sizemore was going to be my pick.
              You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

• How many starting pitchers did you have ahead of him though?
                I actually had a team mate ranked ahead of him. He's certainly not as far down my list as Garry's, though.
                You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

• --I thought you disagreed with me on raking Morton as the 2nd best Expo rookie pitcher this year?

Comment

• --As many of you are already aware, Scott/BaseballPAP is dealing with some serious health problems and has had limited time for baseball recently. He let me know at the start of the offseason that he may need me to help out with the Redbirds. I did sent him a e-mail yesterday letting him know he was up and making some draft suggestions. If I don't hear back by this evening I'll go ahead and pick for him so the draft can keep moving.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
                      Mestarts to think I could've acquired Morton without all the hassle and loss of my next third round pick (which will surely be 33rd overall).

I promise to not screw up so bad next time. :bowdown:

I don't think you screwed up at all. Just feel free to contact me ANYTIME you have that impulse again. Don't let the rest of these owners influence you, just keep doing what you think is best

Ed
                      There are 10 kinds of people. Those who get binary and those who don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sockeye View Post
                        Does he live in Japan also Or are Badgers nocturnal? :noidea
                        Like Scott, of PAP Redbirds, I work night shift.

Ed
                        There are 10 kinds of people. Those who get binary and those who don't.

Comment

• --Fitting since Badgers are, indeed, nocturnal.

Comment

• Ya know, looking at the entirety of Toby Harrah's career, he was a heck of a player. It's gonna take $$$ to resign him but if you do Mark, you'll be a winner in this draft.

How come nobody really talks about him these days?
                            http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...-showalter.gif

Comment

• --Its easy to see why he was overlooked while active, although he was at least a minor star. He played for losers outside of the media spotlight and had the low BA, high OBP, good power (for his position anyway) profle that has only come to be fully appreciated in recent years. You'd think he'd have his fans amoung the sabermetric crowd now though. Similar type of player to Jimmy Wynn and Darrell Evans, although not quite Wynn's peak or Evans longevity. He was not a particularly good defensive player either. His best years at SS he was no more than average and he moved to 3B fairly early.
                              --I definately did draft him with an eye towards resigning him when he hits the market. He gives me 3 pretty good years just when Cardenas goes in the tank, but I wouldn't have taken him in the first without the re-sign value.

Comment

• Harrah

He wasn't overlooked by our team management...unfortunately, he wasn't overlooked by his current owner!!

"I want all of you rookies to line up in alphabetical order by height." Casey Stengel

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X