This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by catcher24 View Post
    Wondered when he would go. Not much value until 1974 really, but of course HUGE resign value. Definitely a long range pick, though.
    --Foster is nearly worthless over the 6 years under club control, but I would have taken him with the first pick of the 3rd anyway if I thought I could re-sign him. Having already picked Harrah in the 1st though I didn't think I'd be able to hold on to both in the same FA market.

Comment

• --The Dude is on the clock til 11AM EST. Legends on deck.

Comment

• Sorry, Mark. I misread what you had put up for the Dude. I thought his clock started at 11AM, not ended. I would've made this pick hours ago otherwise!

The Legends, with their first pick of the 1969 rookie draft, choose catcher

JOHN ELLIS

Ellis is, IMHO, the best remaining player left, and I don't think it's even real close taking his position into consideration. I'm totally surprised that a guy who can be a decent backup two years, a platoon partner two years, and an almost everyday catcher for two years, with a decent bat, wasn't grabbed by somebody yet.
        Last edited by catcher24; 06-07-2008, 02:56 PM.
        You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

• Ellis was the guy I was trying to move up to get. Figured he wouldn't last much longer. Great pick at this stage of the draft Lew!

Comment

• That should put Appletonia and the Diablos on the clock til 1:52 AM.
            My dream ballpark dimensions
            LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
            RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
            Location....San Diego

Comment

• Originally posted by catcher24 View Post
              Sorry, Mark. I misread what you had put up for the Dude. I thought his clock started at 11AM, not ended. I would've made this pick hours ago otherwise!

The Legends, with their first pick of the 1969 rookie draft, choose catcher

JOHN ELLIS

Ellis is, IMHO, the best remaining player left, and I don't think it's even real close taking his position into consideration. I'm totally surprised that a guy who can be a decent backup two years, a platoon partner two years, and an almost everyday catcher for two years, with a decent bat, wasn't grabbed by somebody yet.
              Very good pick with Ellis. Was certainly on my short list. Didn't think he'd fall to me at 47 though. Four seasons that he can be an asset to a team. The fact he catches might set him apart as the best remaining player. Nice choice Lew!
              My dream ballpark dimensions
              LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
              RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
              Location....San Diego

Comment

• Just relooked the long-term outlook for my squad and it's definately built for the short-term. I only have 6 players signed through 1972 and 3 of them should be subs that year. Nothing like putting pressure on the 70-71 drafts to fill out a roster in 72.

Comment

• Al Fitzmorris.
                  "Simply put, the passion, interest and tradition surrounding baseball in New York is unmatched."

Sean McAdam, ESPN.com

Comment

• Originally posted by jkc32 View Post
                    Ellis was the guy I was trying to move up to get. Figured he wouldn't last much longer. Great pick at this stage of the draft Lew!
                    Like I said, I misread what Mark had put up about Dude. I thought his clock started at 11AM, not ended. So I waited an extra six hours, worrying the whole time he would take Ellis with his pick. Boy, would I have been upset with myself if Dude had picked him after 11 but before I figured out it was actually my pick!

On a different note, nice to see you present, Jim! Hope you get a bit more time to work on your team. I know you've been very busy at work and commuting.
                    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

• okay' g
                      w
                      ac selects fred kendall. to all whove been trying o conmtact me for ttadesa.' sorry. i had to moe out last night and havent been able to get online until tonight and im on my sisters ridicously small phone' 4&oso mark you have my permission to draft the best avaliable for me when its my turn. also i wont be able to check my messages for a few days ' my situatuion should improve by the end of the month i hope
                      AL East Champions: 1981 1982
                      AL Pennant: 1982
                      NL Central Champions: 2011
                      NL Wild Card: 2008

"It was like coming this close to your dreams and then watching them brush past you like a stranger in a crowd. At the time you don't think much of it; you know, we just don't recognize the significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, 'Well, there'll be other days.' I didn't realize that that was the only day." - Moonlight Graham

Comment

• Better late than never.
                        Badgers take OF Billy Conigliaro.

Ed
                        There are 10 kinds of people. Those who get binary and those who don't.

Comment

• Leafs shopping Joe Pepitone

Trying to unload some salary...Pepitone is at 8.75 but provides some pop at first and in the outfield...looking to trade for either a 3B, a rookie pick this year and a player, or a pick in the 70 draft.

We also have Jerry May / Catcher and Ken Berry...both at 5,000,000
                          Last edited by jterry619; 06-08-2008, 06:44 AM.

"I want all of you rookies to line up in alphabetical order by height." Casey Stengel

Comment

• --Appletonia takes RHP Dick Woodson
                            --Hard Cider takes RHP Jim Colborn
                            --Redbirds takes RHP Tom Timmerman
                            --Cloverleafs on the clock....

Comment

• Immediate help

--For anybody looking for immediate help there are some players who contribute this season who have been passed over in favor of players with bigger futures. Which is understandable since each of these is a one year wonder:cap:. Still there is a very good SP, a couple very good LH set up men and an everyday 3B still on the board. Also a decent SP and a decent reliever who have at least some future value, although less than some others who don't contribute this year. You could have a bundle of cash using a 3rd rounder (or maybe even a 4th) instead of trying to fill those holes in free agency.

Comment

• Leafs and Badgers Announce Trade

Cloverleafs get Cesar Tovar and the Badgers next pick in the draft

Badgers get Joe Pepitone and the Cloverleafs 2nd rounder in 1971

Badgers to confirm.

Leafs still offering Jerry May and Ken Berry

"I want all of you rookies to line up in alphabetical order by height." Casey Stengel

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X