• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wranglers select SP-Bill Butler

Comment

• With the Badgers traded pick

...Cloverleafs select Coco Laboy

"I want all of you rookies to line up in alphabetical order by height." Casey Stengel

Comment

• --Appletonia takes RHP Mike Garman
        --Gamblers on the clock

Comment

• Roger Repoz available

Looking to pick up an extra 4th rd pick. Willing to offer Roger Repoz in exchange for the 4th rd pick. He doesn't do much in 1969 but has a 112 OPS+ in 1970. Doubt there are any players left in this draft that can offer a season that good. He has 2 years left on his deal at the league minimum (.25). First one to contact me gets Repoz.
          My dream ballpark dimensions
          LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
          RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
          Location....San Diego

Comment

• Gamblers choose Mike Nagy, who will fight with Gary Gentry for the 5th spot in the rotation in the upcoming season. One has a low WHIP and an alright ERA+, the other a great ERA+ but an awful k/bb ratio and an awful WHIP. I'll take my chances and see which one come ahead.

Comment

• I must say - there are some okay players left. I see at least 14 I would take in a split second, and another 8 who I would probably draft. 34 players left on my list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Windy City Fan View Post
                Jack Dilauro
                Drats! He was the highest rated pitcher I had left on my list, and I was hoping somehow he'd make it through the next six picks. No such luck.:o
                You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

• Originally posted by Hack_Miller View Post
                  Wranglers select SP-Bill Butler
                  Excellent pick, Ken - because he was one not on my list, so the the chances of a player on my list making it to me are better now....
                  You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kyle- View Post
                    I must say - there are some okay players left. I see at least 14 I would take in a split second, and another 8 who I would probably draft. 34 players left on my list.
                    Apparently I'm not as easy to please as you, Kyle - I only have 11 players left on my list.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kyle- View Post
                      Gamblers choose Mike Nagy, who will fight with Gary Gentry for the 5th spot in the rotation in the upcoming season. One has a low WHIP and an alright ERA+, the other a great ERA+ but an awful k/bb ratio and an awful WHIP. I'll take my chances and see which one come ahead.

--I like Nagy alot. I wasn't really looking for help this year - and he is useless aftter - but I would have taken him and stuck him in the rotation if he had still been on the board when I pick next. A LHP who only gave up 10 HR in just under 200 IP should do well in DMB.

Comment

• Gamblers picked at 4:30 PM yesterday. Diablos on clock till 12:30 AM.
                        Hope I'm right in assuming I can pick.

To fill catcher need for 1969 Badgers take Bob Didier.

Ed
                        There are 10 kinds of people. Those who get binary and those who don't.

Comment

• --Legends on the clock til 4PM EST. Diablos have a make up coming for the expired clock. Looks like we'll get through the 4th round anyway and at least some of the 5th. I'll close this thread an hour or so (I may get home from work less than an hour before) the start of the free agent auction. For those who may have missed it the free agent auction thread is up. Check it out for auction details.

Comment

• Originally posted by leecemark View Post
                            --I'll close this thread an hour or so (I may get home from work less than an hour before) the start of the free agent auction. For those who may have missed it the free agent auction thread is up. Check it out for auction details.
                            Does that mean no more rookie can be drafted when FA auction starts?
                            There are 10 kinds of people. Those who get binary and those who don't.

Comment

• --yes, if there are still players you want after that you'll have to bid on them. So if there is somebody you want for their contribution more than 3 years down the road (or who you want to be sure an pay only minimum wage) pick them next.

Comment

• The Legends are happy this late in the draft to acquire pitcher

BOB REYNOLDS

Just a bit surprised he's still around. Figured one of the established teams would have grabbed him by now looking to the future. Absolutely useless from 69 through 72, but then has a great season in 1973: 193 ERA+/1.07 WHIP, a very good K/BB ratio and a mere 3 HRA in 111 IP. Still contributes in 1974, but nearly as good: 126 ERA+, 1.28 WHIP, 4 HRA in 69 IP (but an even better K/BB ratio). Absolutely no resign value, so I can see why no expansion team was interested.

I hope everyone makes their picks in a pretty timely fashion. I still have 10 players on my list, and should get one of them if I get to pick again since my own pick is eight away.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X