Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• --Nice pickup for this season. If he'd still been on the board I would have taken him as my 4th outfielder.
    --Shoeless on the clock.

Comment

• Dang, I was thinking about taking him. Probably wouldn't have, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by leecemark View Post
        --Nice pickup for this season. If he'd still been on the board I would have taken him as my 4th outfielder.
        --Shoeless on the clock.
        Highest remaining player on our draft board (25th overall). When still available in the 5th rd we couldn't pass him up even though it meant trading Roger Repoz (our offensive MVP from last season) for him. Hovley's best season is 1972, but we can also use him is 69 & 73.
        My dream ballpark dimensions
        LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
        RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
        Location....San Diego

Comment

Shoeless takes Joe Decker, P.

Comment

• --Redbirds take PHil Hennigan

Comment

• Leafs select

Steve Hovley / OF

"I want all of you rookies to line up in alphabetical order by height." Casey Stengel

Comment

• Originally posted by jterry619 View Post
                Steve Hovley / OF
                Sorry already taken, try again!
                Location....San Diego

Comment

• Originally posted by leecemark View Post
                  --Redbirds take PHil Hennigan
                  That's who I would have taken had I kept my pick.

Comment

• Barring a miracle and us getting a 6th rd (90th overall) pick. The Angels are finished drafting.

After chosing

Bernie Carbo (1st)
                    Ted Sizemore (2nd)
                    Ike Brown (3rd)
                    Ron Woods (4th)
                    Steve Hovley (5th)

We declare this draft a success!!
                    Location....San Diego

Comment

• I think my draft has been a success too

I got pretty much everything I wanted out of this draft. I do think Ike Brown could have been taken a round lower. I didn't like the top end talent that much so I traded down and it did work out!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sockeye View Post
                        Sorry already taken, try again!
                        OOPS SORRY....missed that when I got home...

OK...the Leafs will take mop up man Mike Wegener....if he is gone we will pass on our fifth round pick.

"I want all of you rookies to line up in alphabetical order by height." Casey Stengel

Comment

• Badgers take pitcher Bill Burbach.

WAs getting ready to type Wegener but SOMEBODY beat me to it
                          There are 10 kinds of people. Those who get binary and those who don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by buppers View Post
                            Badgers take pitcher Bill Burbach.

WAs getting ready to type Wegener but SOMEBODY beat me to it

Well that is the first time in a long time I have beaten you to the wire my friend...ha!

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kyle- View Post
                              I do think Ike Brown could have been taken a round lower.
                              He could have slid to the 4th round due to lack of playing time. But he was the top player left on our draftboard at the time and we didn't want to take the chance of a perennial playoff contender grabbing him and using him against us in the playoffs.

Originally posted by -Kyle- View Post
                              I didn't like the top end talent that much so I traded down and it did work out!!
                              IMO this was the PERFECT draft to use that stategy for. Very little top tier talent but a surprisingly deep draft in terms of players with 1-3 productive seasons still available well into the 5th round. Case and point...at this moment there are still 14 undrafted players that can offer at least 1 useful season.
                              Last edited by Sockeye; 06-11-2008, 09:40 PM.
                              Location....San Diego

Comment

• Originally posted by jterry619 View Post
                                Well that is the first time in a long time I have beaten you to the wire my friend...ha!
                                You forget, I sleep all day and work nights.
                                How did everybdy pick today? Doesn't anybody work ?

I got up at 8 figuring I would have to wait till morning to pick and here everybody is picking my bones
                                There are 10 kinds of people. Those who get binary and those who don't.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X