X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erik Bedard
    replied
    If anybody's got a second baseman available, please contact me before my clock expires at 6 PM tonight.

Leave a comment:

• leecemark
    replied
    --Gold Sox on the clock with another chance to make their firts pick in the draft. Still a couple guys who can help down the road out there, Dan. One I'd kind of like just because he has one of the coolest names you could ever give a PA man to work with. Pretty good while he lasted too, but that isn't very long.

Leave a comment:

• J W
    replied
    Good pick Mac.

The Skipjacks will take their future pitching coach, RP Marcel Lachemann.

Leave a comment:

• mac195
    replied
    HC take OF Bobby Brooks. One more good bat on the bench for '69 can't hurt.

Leave a comment:

• leecemark
    replied
    --The Knights select outfielder Jim Lyttle. One good year as a backup outfielder wouldn't usually have much appeal for me, but in the 5th round it will do. That almost certainly wraps up our draft, but for those still picking there are some good seasons still out there. Two guys clearly better than this pick, but both have their best year in 72 and I intend to be playing for a high draft pick that year.

Leave a comment:

• Erik Bedard
    replied
    Out of this draft, I got:

Half a season of Sandy Koufax
    Stan Bahnsen
    Bob Watson
    Paul Schaal (in 1966)
    Thunder 1971 first-round pick
    Don Mincher
    Roger Repoz
    Steve Barber's innings when I desperately needed them
    Appletonia 1973 first-round pick
    Jim Maloney

That's a success in my book. And I still might be able to plug a gaping hole.
    Last edited by Erik Bedard; 06-12-2008, 05:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• leecemark
    replied
    --Very happy with my draft too. My lineup is strong through 1971 and I wanted to pick up the pitching to go along with it for a couple more championship runs. That worked out well;

1970 (IP/ERA+)
    Bob Johnson 214/121
    Dave Roberts 182/104
    Bill Zepp 151/118
    Ron Klimkowski 98/133
    Dave Roberts 270/157
    Bart Johnson 178/123
    Bob Johnson 175/101
    Lloyd Allen 94/130
    Ron Klimkowski 45/100

Leave a comment:

• leecemark
    replied
    --Skipjacks on the clock till 4 AM EST, 6/12 (you have a litttle more grace than that though JW - I'm right behind you and won't be up at 1AM my time).
    There are still 4 players on my draft board so I will get a player in the 5th round - which I surely didn't expect when this thing got underway.

Leave a comment:

• jterry619
    replied
    Leafs satisfied

Not a bad draft:

Jerry Reuss
    Steve Garvey
    Chuck Taylor
    Mike Kilkenny
    Coco Laboy
    Lou Marone
    Mike Wegener

The last three were cheap role players....and we were pretty far down in the pecking order....very happy with the first four...especially their salary level....plus we added Tovar and Johnny Edwards and dumped a little salary by moving Pepitone....I think we filled a few needs.....trading Radar was NOT a smart move but all in all we can live with the results.
    Last edited by jterry619; 06-11-2008, 06:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• buppers
    replied
    Originally posted by jterry619 View Post
    Well that is the first time in a long time I have beaten you to the wire my friend...ha!
    You forget, I sleep all day and work nights.
    How did everybdy pick today? Doesn't anybody work ?

I got up at 8 figuring I would have to wait till morning to pick and here everybody is picking my bones

Leave a comment:

• Sockeye
    replied
    Originally posted by -Kyle- View Post
    I do think Ike Brown could have been taken a round lower.
    He could have slid to the 4th round due to lack of playing time. But he was the top player left on our draftboard at the time and we didn't want to take the chance of a perennial playoff contender grabbing him and using him against us in the playoffs.

Originally posted by -Kyle- View Post
    I didn't like the top end talent that much so I traded down and it did work out!!
    IMO this was the PERFECT draft to use that stategy for. Very little top tier talent but a surprisingly deep draft in terms of players with 1-3 productive seasons still available well into the 5th round. Case and point...at this moment there are still 14 undrafted players that can offer at least 1 useful season.
    Last edited by Sockeye; 06-11-2008, 08:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jterry619
    replied
    Originally posted by buppers View Post
    Badgers take pitcher Bill Burbach.

WAs getting ready to type Wegener but SOMEBODY beat me to it

Well that is the first time in a long time I have beaten you to the wire my friend...ha!

Leave a comment:

• buppers
    replied
    Badgers take pitcher Bill Burbach.

WAs getting ready to type Wegener but SOMEBODY beat me to it

Leave a comment:

• jterry619
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockeye View Post
    Sorry already taken, try again!
    OOPS SORRY....missed that when I got home...

OK...the Leafs will take mop up man Mike Wegener....if he is gone we will pass on our fifth round pick.

Leave a comment:

• -Kyle-
    replied
    I think my draft has been a success too

I got pretty much everything I wanted out of this draft. I do think Ike Brown could have been taken a round lower. I didn't like the top end talent that much so I traded down and it did work out!!

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X