This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

--So who gets your franchise tag. Wil?
    --Garry, I am still interested in the 5th pick if your guy is gone. My offer will be slightly less with Blue out of the picture though.

Comment

With the 4th pick in the 1969 Rookie Draft, Athletic Club Appletonia selects the left handed 3rd Basemen from Pasadena, California,

Darrell "Franchise" Evans

*PS, if you didn't get the nickname, we're franchising him
      AL East Champions: 1981 1982
      AL Pennant: 1982
      NL Central Champions: 2011
      NL Wild Card: 2008

"It was like coming this close to your dreams and then watching them brush past you like a stranger in a crowd. At the time you don't think much of it; you know, we just don't recognize the significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, 'Well, there'll be other days.' I didn't realize that that was the only day." - Moonlight Graham

Comment

Great pickup.

Oh, and I'm foregoing the franchise tag. Blue has too many non-seasons, rough seasons, etc. for $12M per year to prove valuable.
        Last edited by BlueBlood; 05-27-2008, 01:55 PM.
        1955 1959 1963 1965 1981 1988

1889 1890 1899 1900 1916 1920
        1941 1947 1949 1952 1953 1956
        1966 1974 1977 1978

1983 1985 1995 2004 2008 2009
        2013 2014

1996 2006

Comment

1st rd (5th overall) pick

With the 5th pick in the '69 draft Sockeye's Angels select........Bernie Carbo!
          My dream ballpark dimensions
          LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
          RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
          Location....San Diego

Comment

I am willing to trade down (from 8th or 13th) to a very low 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder or 2 high second rounders. PM me ASAP

Comment

--Had your heart set on Carbo did you? That was a shocker for me. I had him on my 2nd round wish list.

Comment

Dang, I should've kept my pick. My #1 target (different from my draft board in that these are guys who I think could realistically be on my team) is definitely going to last to #10.

Comment

Originally posted by leecemark View Post
                  --Had your heart set on Carbo did you? That was a shocker for me. I had him on my 2nd round wish list.
                  Might come as more of a shock to you that your #1 player was the same as ours. Carbo was 2nd on our draft card. He's exactly what we were looking for in a player. Top of the order hitter that gives us five very useful seasons from 70-74 including a great '70 season when we will be looking to make a serious title run.
                  My dream ballpark dimensions
                  LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
                  RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
                  Location....San Diego

Comment

Originally posted by Sockeye View Post
                    Might come as more of a shock to you that your #1 player was the same as ours.
                    Vida, right? That '71 is just flat out massive. Chuck him into a solid rotation with a respectable offense and it could spell trouble for the other 15 owners.
                    1955 1959 1963 1965 1981 1988

1889 1890 1899 1900 1916 1920
                    1941 1947 1949 1952 1953 1956
                    1966 1974 1977 1978

1983 1985 1995 2004 2008 2009
                    2013 2014

1996 2006

Comment

Trade:

The Skipjacks have sent their 12th overall pick to the Knights for the rights to the 22nd overall pick (via the Diablos) and the 32nd overall pick (via the Legends).

Mark, if you would confirm, thanks...
                      http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...-showalter.gif

Comment

--Confirmed. This takes some of the incentive off a few other deals I've been discussing. If I've been negotiating with you on a deal involving picks please check back with me if you're still interested. The offer may or may not still be open. If I haven't been talking to you and you pick between now and the 12th pick I may be interested in trading up. If you're interested in trading down let me know.

Comment

Probably won't be making pick till tomorrow morning, Thursday, If its my turn by then. Anybody interested in trading for #7 pick?

Looking for a pick later in 1st round and pick in 1970 or players now.

Will check in tonight and get back to you tomorrow morning

Ed
                          There are 10 kinds of people. Those who get binary and those who don't.

Comment

Hadn't been able to check in for a couple of days. Interesting picks. Evans would likely have been my top pick were I an expansion owner- either him or Fisk. Both lock up a position for a long, long time. And both are excellent defenders with a good amount of pop in their bats. Carbo has a great run and is a decent pick, but he was lower on my list. Of course, priorities matter, and mine are different than Garry's at this point.
                            You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

I want to thank all who replied to my offer to trade the 7th pick.

None of the offers really help me long term so I will pass and take my chances in the draft.

Ed
                              There are 10 kinds of people. Those who get binary and those who don't.

Comment

Looks like we're stuck. EH hasn't even checked in here in a week and a half.
                                "The numbers are what brought me here; as it appears they brought you."
                                - Danielle Rousseau

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X