X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone email him?

Comment

--I have tried to contact him without success. Even though we aren't actually on the clock for the draft now, it is a problem for an owner to not check in at BBF for such an extended period (last log in May 18). If any of you are going to be unavailable for more than a few days I would appreciate it if you could let me know so I can deal with situations such as this.
      --The Diablos select secondbaseman Dave Cash. Jope he works for you, JIm.
      --You can go ahead and pick now, ED.

Comment

Badgers take Gene Tenace
        There are 10 kinds of people. Those who get binary and those who don't.

Comment

--The Knights exercise their trade up option with the Angels and select LHP Dave Roberts.

Comment

Originally posted by buppers View Post
            Badgers take Gene Tenace
            Given my catching situation (Bench's contract expires after '72, Tenace is great in '73 and '74 but a backup before), he was my #1 catcher. Roberts was my #2 pitcher. Four solid years, including one great one.

Comment

--Tenace was a great pick. Very good back up for 3 year, good starter for 2 and then a strong re-sign value. He would have been a solid franchise choice IMO.
              --Roberts was the guy I really wanted. He may give more in the 6 years under club control than Blue, although he doesn't offer nearly as much for his HTD years. Still one real premium play left on my draft board - a guy I would have used the franchise tag on had I been an expansion owner (one of 5 such players IMO).

Comment

We're going to take a guy who has zero value as a franchise player, but will be a big, cheap, left-handed bat in the middle of our lineups '71-'74.

The "Designated Hebrew" - Ron Blomberg

http://ronblomberg.com/merch_tshirt_lg.htm
                "The numbers are what brought me here; as it appears they brought you."
                - Danielle Rousseau

Comment

Bloomberg great bat in 71-74
                  RC/27 outs ranging from 6.2 to 7.6
                  I was looking at him but lots of OF and not many Catchers

Comment

Originally posted by buppers View Post
                    Badgers take Gene Tenace
                    Nice pick on Tenace. He was 3rd on our draftboard and the guy we would have chosen if we were able to move up.
                    My dream ballpark dimensions
                    LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
                    RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
                    Location....San Diego

Comment

Originally posted by Sockeye View Post
                      Nice pick on Tenace. He was 3rd on our draftboard and the guy we would have chosen if we were able to move up.
                      He could still be yours

You know where to reach me.

Comment

Originally posted by leecemark View Post
                        --The Knights exercise their trade up option with the Angels and select LHP Dave Roberts.
                        *sigh of relief* I can use that 2nd rd pick and will put it to good use!
                        My dream ballpark dimensions
                        LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
                        RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
                        Location....San Diego

Comment

Dick Drago
                          "I will calmly wait for my induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame."
                          - Sammy Sosa

"Get a comfy chair, Sammy, cause its gonna be a long wait."
                          - Craig Ashley (AKA Windy City Fan)

Comment

Drago--Drats!

Nice pick..other than the fact that he was the guy on my radar...my pick coming soon.

"I want all of you rookies to line up in alphabetical order by height." Casey Stengel

Comment

When in doubt

..always opt for pitching;

Jerry Reuss

"I want all of you rookies to line up in alphabetical order by height." Casey Stengel

Comment

When the knights come back I am ready pick. Also ready to move down for another pick (low 2nd and a low first (or high second) for my 13th pick).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X