• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erik Bedard
    replied
    Taken 40th by the Badgers.

BTW, whose pick is it?
    Last edited by Erik Bedard; 06-11-2008, 12:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jkc32
    replied

Shoeless selects Billy Conigliaro, OF.

Leave a comment:

• Erik Bedard
    replied
    Originally posted by Windy City Fan View Post
    Syd O'Brien - fills my need for a backup infielder for a few years.

Leave a comment:

• Windy City Fan
    replied
    The following players are on the trade block for the Thunder:

SP Bob Veale (10.5 Million, thru 70) - 200+ IP for two years with good K/BB rate and HR/9
    SP Gary Peters (250K, thru 70) - 200+ IP starter for two years
    C Tim McCarver (2.25 Million, YTY) - Good lefty hitting catcher, probably the most valued player on this list especially with a 61 draft year to year contract
    OF Ed Stroud (250K, thru 70) - Decent left handed bat off the bench with some speed as well

Looking primarily for picks in return, though McCarver may require a catcher capable of starting this year in addition to a pick to pry him from me.

Leave a comment:

• Windy City Fan
    replied
    Syd O'Brien - fills my need for a backup infielder for a few years.

Leave a comment:

• leecemark
    replied
    --Since the Diablos let their last clock expire and have yet to make a makeup we won't hold the draft up for them. JIm can take two players when you check in, if you wish.
    --Badgers on the clock til 6PM EST. Still a few decent players left. Looks like the Gold Sox may get a pick in if they want.

Leave a comment:

• -Kyle-
    replied
    Yeah that's me going crazy. I'll take Steve Arlin.

Leave a comment:

• leecemark
    replied
    --Lockwood debuted in 1965. He is a free agent, not a rookie. A minor league free agent I guess since nobody bothered to draft him before.

Leave a comment:

• -Kyle-
    replied
    never mind.
    Last edited by -Kyle-; 06-11-2008, 02:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jterry619
    replied
    Originally posted by Hack_Miller View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's been more than 8 hours since Lew's pick so the Wranglers will make their last selection of the rookie draft.

Cesar Geronimo

A pretty good last selection...surprised he lasted quite this long even though it takes a few years for him to get going...nice pick as was Morales this late.

Leave a comment:

• Hack_Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by catcher24 View Post
    My pick was between Morales and Geronimo. I went with Morales because he seems to have a little more playing time, and is a bit more consistent. Not as good peak seasons as Geronimo, but more good seasons, and I think a bit more resign value. But Geronimo is a great pick in the fifth round!

Yeah I had Morales valued a little higher too and in hindsight I should have grabbed him in the 4th but I felt like I needed a few more GS so I went with Butler. Geronimo was the next-to-last name left on my original draft sheet so I'm happy to have him in the 5th.

Leave a comment:

• leecemark
    replied
    --Appletonia selects RHP Billt Wilson
    --Gamblers on the clock til 5PM EST
    --Diablos and Thunder each have makeups coming

Leave a comment:

• buppers
    replied
    Needing IP's and BF I'll go with SP Jerry Robertson.

Ed

Leave a comment:

• catcher24
    replied
    Originally posted by Hack_Miller View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's been more than 8 hours since Lew's pick so the Wranglers will make their last selection of the rookie draft.

Cesar Geronimo
    My pick was between Morales and Geronimo. I went with Morales because he seems to have a little more playing time, and is a bit more consistent. Not as good peak seasons as Geronimo, but more good seasons, and I think a bit more resign value. But Geronimo is a great pick in the fifth round!

Leave a comment:

• leecemark
    replied
    --The Thunder's clock had expired so Geronimo is a Wrangler. Lee was picked by the Hard Cider earlier so the Thunder still have a makeup coming. Badgers on the clock til 3PM EST.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X