Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drago a franchise player? How do you figure that?
    "The numbers are what brought me here; as it appears they brought you."
    - Danielle Rousseau

Comment

Oh my bad. I was only looking for those that had a lot of value on the Six Year Plan...so I totally didn't notice that Drago was worthless afterwards.
      1955 1959 1963 1965 1981 1988

1889 1890 1899 1900 1916 1920
      1941 1947 1949 1952 1953 1956
      1966 1974 1977 1978

1983 1985 1995 2004 2008 2009
      2013 2014

1996 2006

Comment

--Drago gives alot of decent innings for all 6 years and that really helps a team. His best year he is maybe a #3 starter on a contending team though. He is never a big star.
        --Coming in I had Munson, Fisk, Tenace, Blue, Harrah and Evans (in that order) as the best franchise options. Cash, Roberts, Drago, Gentry and one player not yet picked arounded top guys for best value over the 6 controlled years. Carbo, Reuss and Bloomberg were all surprise first rounders for me.

Comment

Originally posted by leecemark View Post
          --The Knights trade 1B/OF Rich Reese to the Thunder for their 3rd round pick in this draft. WCF please confirm.
          Confirmed!
          "I will calmly wait for my induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame."
          - Sammy Sosa

"Get a comfy chair, Sammy, cause its gonna be a long wait."
          - Craig Ashley (AKA Windy City Fan)

Comment

Originally posted by leecemark View Post
            --Drago gives alot of decent innings for all 6 years and that really helps a team. His best year he is maybe a #3 starter on a contending team though. He is never a big star.
            --Coming in I had Munson, Fisk, Tenace, Blue, Harrah and Evans (in that order) as the best franchise options. Cash, Roberts, Drago, Gentry and one player not yet picked arounded top guys for best value over the 6 controlled years. Carbo, Reuss and Bloomberg were all surprise first rounders for me.
            Agree on Drago, but his consistency is the best of any pitcher over the six years , including Blue, who really doesn't provide much in the line of innings until year 3 (1971) - but it's certainly huge, a pitching season for the ages. The players you mention are all good choices for franchise players, but only because this is the CKL, where cap space each year is more important than overall dollar cost of the contract - an issue we've discussed before. And I'm quite surprised that the man I believe Mark is thinking of hasn't been picked yet. Maybe it's the weak first part of his career.
            You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

--We definately aren't thinking of the same guy then. The player I had in mind is a regular right out of the gate, just never much above average. Much like the position version of Drago. I think I may know who you're thinking of though. Part timer and not particularly good til his 6th season, but really takes off then.

Comment

Cloverleafs Hold their Nose

..and select Steve Garvey...one of my all time least favorite players with the 14th pick

"I want all of you rookies to line up in alphabetical order by height." Casey Stengel

Comment

Joe took the guy I was thinking of. First three seasons weak, then two slightly above average seasons as a part timer, then runs off seven seasons with at least a 121 OPS+ (over 130 five of those years) and an every day player, actually only missing eight games over the entire seven years.

This guy would be a prime example of a good player to make your FP post-1970 rule, when you don't have to make the designation until after the third season. He'd be cheap his first three seasons, when he's below average, but then only cost 12M per season over the next eight years, when he hits his prime. No really huge seasons, but well above league average for six of those eight years. Probably a 15 to 20M man on the FA marker. Perhaps the good years are a tad too short to make him a FP even post-1970, but he would have to be considered.
                  You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

Arrrgh... I've never had so tough a time deciding about draft picks...

Sorry, it's really late here. I'm going to wait and make these picks in the morning (Japan time.)
                    "The numbers are what brought me here; as it appears they brought you."
                    - Danielle Rousseau

Comment

Originally posted by mac195 View Post
                      Arrrgh... I've never had so tough a time deciding about draft picks...

Sorry, it's really late here. I'm going to wait and make these picks in the morning (Japan time.)
                      !?!?! I had no idea you lived in Japan. My half japanese friend went back to Japan over April Vacation. It sounded so awesome.

Comment

Two guys left who I would think would be great options to franchise. One's a decent pick for six years as well.

Comment

Well, only six more picks to go and then I get to make one. I certainly hope one of the two guys I'm hoping to fall to me make it, but I rather doubt it. In fact, I can almost see Mac grabbing both of them!

Then seventeen more until I get another pick. Won't be many left by then, but there will be someone with at least one or two serviceable seasons for sure.

Comment

--14 picks before my next one. I seriously doubt one of the guys I want will be there, so I'd still like to trade up.

Comment

Only 58 to go!

Seriously, I highly doubt I'll get anybody at all out of this draft.

Comment

Wow, you're worse off than me, Dan! At least I'll get 2 out of the first 38 picks. You could be right in thinking that you won't get anyone out of this draft.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X