X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erik Bedard View Post
    Only 58 to go!

Seriously, I highly doubt I'll get anybody at all out of this draft.
    I'm in nearly the same situation pick wise. I've done almost no analysis, just deleting players from my spreadsheet as they are taken. When we get around pick 45, I'll perk up and start reviewing the "studs" available.

Comment

Same exact plan here. Only I'll wait until around pick #60.

Comment

Yeah, waiting tentativly until the 4th round.

Losing the 2nd and 3rd rounders got me Shamsky and Green, so it was worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Bedard View Post
          Two guys left who I would think would be great options to franchise.
          Yes, but only the expansion owners have that option this year. The rest of us have to wait util the '70 draft to pick another player as a franchise.

One's a decent pick for six years as well.
          ... execpt he's not very good. I hate picking guys who are consistantly mediocre.
          "The numbers are what brought me here; as it appears they brought you."
          - Danielle Rousseau

Comment

"Would have been" would have been a more accurate representation of my opinion.

And I'm definitely not thinking of a consistently mediocre guy.

Comment

I could probably dither over this for another week but... Wayne Garrett and Tom Bradley.
              - Danielle Rousseau

Comment

Losing the 2nd and 3rd rounders got me Shamsky and Green, so it was worth it.
                And a good thing it was that I made that trade with you, Kyle, since those are the only two picks I have until #57, the fourth rounder I got from the Angels! I don't remember ever trading my top three picks before.
                You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

Leafs Pick

Unorthodox but what the hell:

Chuck Taylor

"I want all of you rookies to line up in alphabetical order by height." Casey Stengel

Comment

He gives you three good bullpen years with quite a few innings. I was hoping he'd slide down to my next pick.
                    - Danielle Rousseau

Comment

• I like the Taylor pick. Had him as the 7th best pitcher overall in the draft and 4th best pitcher remaining. He gives three solid seasons and his 3rd best season is better than any other remaining pitchers 3rd best season. Should be a very useful pick for you.
                      My dream ballpark dimensions
                      LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
                      RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
                      Location....San Diego

Comment

• Really starting to think I should've went with Evans. Fills a key hole at 3B and was 100% worth the franchise player tag. Nice pickup, Dude.
                        1955 1959 1963 1965 1981 1988

1889 1890 1899 1900 1916 1920
                        1941 1947 1949 1952 1953 1956
                        1966 1974 1977 1978

1983 1985 1995 2004 2008 2009
                        2013 2014

1996 2006

Comment

• The Wranglers will select Bill Buckner.

Comment

• If the player I want is still there, I will trade my 1970 1st round pick and 3rd round for that pick and someone's 2nd next year.

Comment

• The Brawlers select young gun Clay Kirby in order to strengthen their starting staff.

Wowsers. Owners sure have sold their souls to the Knights. No wonder they stay competitive.
                              Last edited by BlueBlood; 06-01-2008, 02:41 PM.
                              1955 1959 1963 1965 1981 1988

1889 1890 1899 1900 1916 1920
                              1941 1947 1949 1952 1953 1956
                              1966 1974 1977 1978

1983 1985 1995 2004 2008 2009
                              2013 2014

1996 2006

Comment

• Originally posted by jterry619 View Post
                                Unorthodox but what the hell:

Chuck Taylor
                                A very good pick IMHO, Joe. He has two really good years right off, and has two more pretty good years while under six year control.
                                You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X