This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
    Wowsers. Owners sure have sold their souls to the Knights. No wonder they stay competitive.
    I think the Legends and Angels are proud co-owners of my soul.

Comment

• If you think the Knights own a lot...I think Legends had at least 1/3 of the picks in 1967.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kyle- View Post
        If you think the Knights own a lot...I think Legends had at least 1/3 of the picks in 1967.
        Well, maybe people have learned from their mistakes now? Or maybe they enjoyed putting on some great runs by selling off draft picks and will continue to do this? Interesting because there are different measures of success in this game for all of us.
        1955 1959 1963 1965 1981 1988

1889 1890 1899 1900 1916 1920
        1941 1947 1949 1952 1953 1956
        1966 1974 1977 1978

1983 1985 1995 2004 2008 2009
        2013 2014

1996 2006

Comment

Well, maybe people have learned from their mistakes now? Or maybe they enjoyed putting on some great runs by selling off draft picks and will continue to do this? Interesting because there are different measures of success in this game for all of us.
          Different things work for different owners. Certain teams will continue to stock pile draft picks and others will continue to deal them to always keep their team in contention. No real right or wrong way. Just depends on what works. I'm more of the stockpiler myself. I want my team to be set up a certain way and believe the best way to do that is draft the players myself.
          My dream ballpark dimensions
          LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
          RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
          Location....San Diego

Comment

• the 27th overall pick

I thought the Leafs owned this pick but there is some question about that...can anyone document this for me?

"I want all of you rookies to line up in alphabetical order by height." Casey Stengel

Comment

• Originally posted by jterry619 View Post
              I thought the Leafs owned this pick but there is some question about that...can anyone document this for me?
              This pick was traded to me in the Osteen deal. You got my 1st round pick, I got Osteen and your 2nd.
              "The numbers are what brought me here; as it appears they brought you."
              - Danielle Rousseau

Comment

• Originally posted by mac195 View Post
                This pick was traded to me in the Osteen deal. You got my 1st round pick, I got Osteen and your 2nd.

Just saw it as I posted...thanks!

"I want all of you rookies to line up in alphabetical order by height." Casey Stengel

Comment

• I will make my pick in the next half hour or 45 minutes. I just got back from home a few minutes ago, so I gotta quick update some stuff.
                  AL East Champions: 1981 1982
                  AL Pennant: 1982
                  NL Central Champions: 2011
                  NL Wild Card: 2008

"It was like coming this close to your dreams and then watching them brush past you like a stranger in a crowd. At the time you don't think much of it; you know, we just don't recognize the significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, 'Well, there'll be other days.' I didn't realize that that was the only day." - Moonlight Graham

Comment

• With the 20th Overall Pick in the 1969 CKL rookie draft, the Athletic Club of Appletonia selects:

Bill "Spaceman" Lee
                    AL East Champions: 1981 1982
                    AL Pennant: 1982
                    NL Central Champions: 2011
                    NL Wild Card: 2008

"It was like coming this close to your dreams and then watching them brush past you like a stranger in a crowd. At the time you don't think much of it; you know, we just don't recognize the significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, 'Well, there'll be other days.' I didn't realize that that was the only day." - Moonlight Graham

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs2NNUCDzis
                      "The numbers are what brought me here; as it appears they brought you."
                      - Danielle Rousseau

Comment

The Brawlers select young gun Clay Kirby in order to strengthen their starting staff.

--Kirby was an excellent pick. He eats innings for your first 2 seasons and will be a nice #2 behind Blue when you should be ready to make a run in 1971.

Comment

• Originally posted by leecemark View Post
                          --Kirby was an excellent pick. He eats innings for your first 2 seasons and will be a nice #2 behind Blue when you should be ready to make a run in 1971.
                          Yar, 'twas. I'd like to make another second round pick though. I'm game for an even-up trade, folks. You receive the player, I receive the draft pick.
                          1955 1959 1963 1965 1981 1988

1889 1890 1899 1900 1916 1920
                          1941 1947 1949 1952 1953 1956
                          1966 1974 1977 1978

1983 1985 1995 2004 2008 2009
                          2013 2014

1996 2006

Comment

• Lew trades his (mine) second round pick this year and 2nd round pick next year for my 1st and 3rd round pick next year.

Comment

• Legends confirm this trade: the second round pick I have coming next, received from Kyle in trade, and my second rounder in 1970 for Kyle's first rounder and third rounder in 1970.
                              You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

• Good trade for both Kyle and Lew. If I'm correct in guessing who Kyle will pick, he'll have probably improved his 1969 team more than anyone else.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X