Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• --He better hope so. If not he just traded away an awfully good player in next year's draft.

Comment

• Leafs offering picks

in return for one of the following deals:

Deal A:
      - a third and fourth in the current rookie draft for a second next season

Deal B:
      - a fourth and fifth in the current rookie draft for a third this season

Deal C:
      - a third, fourth and fifth in the current rookie draft for a second next season plus either a third baseman who can play right now or a catcher who can platoon right now.

"I want all of you rookies to line up in alphabetical order by height." Casey Stengel

Comment

• Ken Tatum...he drastically helps my bullpen.

Comment

• Originally posted by leecemark View Post
          --He better hope so. If not he just traded away an awfully good player in next year's draft.
          I highly doubt (but it IS possible) that I end up under .500 this year.

Comment

• Tatum was exactly who I expected. Tatum and Gentry were at the top of my list of immediate impact players, so great job to Kyle to get both of them.

Comment

• --I had Tatum as a first round talent on my draft board, so as long as the Gamblers have a decent season (and they should) this is a good deal for them. Lew may even come to regret trading away the pick in his quest to stockpile first rounders next year. The Legends bullpen is pretty mediocore and a lights out, high inning guy like Tatum definately would have been a significant upgrade.

Comment

• Actually, Tatum wasn't who I had planned on taking anyway. He was second on my depth chart at this point. Yeah, I considered him quite seriously, but needed someone else more. My bullpen is a bit questionable this season, but with Sparky Lyle (150 ERA+, 1.35 WHIP), Ted Abernathy (127, 1.37), and Bob Locker (117, 1.27 - and probably my closer this point) I think I'll be OK, especially since I anticipate my starters will go at least six innings most games, with Jenkins, Hands and Seaver likely to go seven or eight most of the time. And I can use Ellis for long relief, as well as Lindy McDaniel. But Tatum certainly would've been nice to have!

However, other than immediate impact I didn't have Tatum as a first rounder. He has the marvelous 1969 season, a decent 1970 and is then done. The Gamblers will do better than last season, no doubt. But I don't expect the Shoeless Joes, Angels or Brawlers to simply roll over, either. I expect Kyle to finish in the middle of the pack for overall record, but even were he to have the fourth best record that gives me the 13th pick next year, as opposed to the 21st pick for Tatum. That pick in 1970 could convert to Al Hrabosky or Earl Williams that deep into the draft, still significantly better than Tatum's two seasons, so I figured it was worth the gamble. Could be wrong, though. Time will tell.
                You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

• Mark, this rookie draft is working out very well and perhaps we should consider using a similar format from now on. I mean, take a week or two to do all of the draft and skip the three hour Friday night marathon. Doing it this way has, I think, resulted in more trade activity, and also allows for a bit more study when making a pick. Just a thought.
                  You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

• I like the increased trade activity but 22 picks in 10 days isn't fast enough to do the entire draft this way. At that pace it would take 36 days to complete 5 rounds. We still need a live portion for at least 2 rounds in order to get it completed in a timely manner.
                    My dream ballpark dimensions
                    LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
                    RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
                    Location....San Diego

Comment

• --I think this is the way to. If we complete 2 rounds before the scheduled live portion Friday night we will just switch from no clock to an 8 hour clock at that point. If we haven't then we'll finish the 2nd round live and and then go on an 8 hour clock. Those of you who have a late 2nd rounder should plan on either being here or getting a proxy in. If you don't then you can make other plans for Friday night.

Comment

• EH still hasn't checked in. Should we make his pick for him again?

Comment

• Actually this one is my pick. I will make it tonight.

thanks
                          http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...-showalter.gif

Comment

• --The Skipjacks own the next pick. I got it from the Diablos a couple seasons ago for George Brunet and traded it to the Skipjacks as part of the package for their first rounder this year.

Comment

• My bad for not checking on that.

Comment

• whoops double post
                                My dream ballpark dimensions
                                LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
                                RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
                                Location....San Diego

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X