This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mac195
    It's pretty important that people be here for at least the last 10 minutes of the auctions. I will bid for someone if they want to send me a list of players and maximum bids, but I can't promise that I won't outbid you myself.
    No way I can do that.....did anyone say 11PM before this? I don't remember reading it anywahere, but I could have missed it.

Comment

The schedule for the auctions, and all of the off season activities is in the 1st post of the "1961-62 Offseason Thread".
      "The numbers are what brought me here; as it appears they brought you."
      - Danielle Rousseau

Comment

--I'll be happy to make a last bid for anyone who can't be here at the finish, but this is a little different scenario than the draft. I can't promise not to outbid you myself (unless your top bid is over the 14M I have left) nor can I promise that I'll be able to keep bumping on a gradual pace down the wire. The only thing I can promise is that I'll post your limit if someone has over bid you on a player you want before the last 10 minutes.
        --I have had some discussions via PM with a few owners about changing the format for the free agent auctions for next season. Sealed bids or one player at a time countdowns (for the PFAs) are both suggestions that have come up. If anyone has an idea for improving the process please bring it up for consideration in the discussion thread. Any changes would be applied next year of course.
        --By my count these are current roster/salary figures;
        Skipjacks 41/83.25
        Gamblers 33/71.50
        Hard Cider 39/73.50
        Knights 39/84.75
        Cannons 40/75.75
        Redbirds 39/81.25
        Quakers 37/77.5
        Diablos 32/60.75
        Legends 32/63.25
        --I won't swear to the accuracy of these figures. Everyone should be tracking their own team and if I've given too low a figure here and you go over the cap these numbers won't protect you from penalties.

Comment

-Mantle 11.25

Comment

I'll put a list of current top bids up in a couple minutes...
            - Danielle Rousseau

Comment

Mickey Mantle 11.25 Knights
              Rocky Colavito 10.00 Quakers
              Frank Howard 12.00 Gamblers
              Jim O'Toole 3.00 Gamblers
              Zolio Versalles 2.00 Redbirds
              Luis Aparicio 1.00 Redbirds
              Jack Kralick
              Don McMahan 1.00 Cannons
              Ron Hansen
              - Danielle Rousseau

Comment

--Scott and Lew, I just sent you the updated 1962 file. Scott we differ by 1 player on your roster so look it over and let me know who I may have missed (I've got 39 and you said it should be 40).
                --Let me take this opportunity to again suggest that anyone in this for the long haul would be well served to purchase the game for themselves. It would be a one time cost as I'll be buying each new season and can export the league file to you. You'll be able to view all the available reports directly and organize in to your preferences and also be able to directly access and edit your team. You'll also be able to view box scores and other info that I am not able to export as attachments. I'll never make buying the game a requirement for ownership, but IMO its money well spent.

Comment

Mark, Gene Conley is the difference.....

Mac, noone for me after those bids I gave..... and check your PM for the trade offer....

Comment

Versalles 3
                    Mantle 11.5
                    Hansen 1
                    Kralick 1
                    O'Toole 3.25

Comment

Nails - I sent you a PM about final bids. If anyone else needs help, I'll be glad to do it. But I need more players than everyone but ElHalo, too!
                      You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

O.Toole: 3.75 Million
                        AL East Champions: 1981 1982
                        AL Pennant: 1982
                        NL Central Champions: 2011
                        NL Wild Card: 2008

"It was like coming this close to your dreams and then watching them brush past you like a stranger in a crowd. At the time you don't think much of it; you know, we just don't recognize the significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, 'Well, there'll be other days.' I didn't realize that that was the only day." - Moonlight Graham

Comment

O'Toole 4 mil

Comment

Current high bids, by my calculations:
                            Mantle - 11.5M Cannons
                            Colavito - 10M Quakers
                            Howard - 12M Gamblers
                            O'Toole - 4M Cannons
                            Versalles - 3M Cannons
                            Aparicio - 1M Redbirds
                            Kralick - 1M Cannons
                            McMahon - 1M Cannons
                            Hansen - 1M Cannons
                            You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

Dude - Check your PMs.

Comment

Mickey Mantle - 11.75M
                                Zoilo Versalles - 3.25M
                                Jack Kralick - 1.25M
                                Don McMahon - 1.25M

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X