Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• catcher24
    replied
    Congrats Jason! Spectacular job on putting both of your teams in the CKL Championship Series. We know that's a difficult feat which none of us "old pros" were ever able to do it. Nice going!

However, this year, Jason, I hope you beat the snot out of your opponent.
    Good sentiment by Jack, but I know I'll be pulling for the Iron - and I imagine Jason will too. The Iron have never brought home the championship, while the Hard Cider own several. GO IRON!!

Leave a comment:

• dust bunnies
    replied
    Congratulations, Jason. I normally don't publicly announce my favorites in any series. However, this year, Jason, I hope you beat the snot out of your opponent.

Jack

Leave a comment:

• jaybird_1981
    replied
    Wow what a game 7! The Cider will go with Dale Murphy for MVP with apologies to Mario Soto and my MPs have been sent.

Leave a comment:

• leecemark
    replied
    LCS: Dust Bunnies at Hard Cider; Game 6 (and 7?)

Game 6: Barr vs Bannister
    --The Hard Cider got off to a qucik lead when Evans doubled and Murphy singled him home in the 1st. Upshaw hit one out in the 4th to make it 2-0.
    --The Dust Bunnies fought back in the 5th. Smith singled and Morgan and Harrah walked to load the bases. Baker's FC cut the lead in half and Smalley's ground out tied it.
    --Mac's reclaimed the lead in the 6th. Herr singled, Evans walked and Murphy tripled them home. Pheonix answered their very next at bat. Smith, Morgan and Harrah all singled to cut the lead to one. Downing chipped in a base hit to tie it back up.
    --Baker went deep to put the Bunnies up 5-4 in the top of the 9th. Moffitt closed it out and the series moved to game 7.

Game 7: Hawkins vs Neikro
    --The game was scoreless through 5. The Hard Cider started to figure Hawkins out in the 6th. Mumprey doubled and Herr singled. Evans and Murphy walked to make it 1-0. Upshaw singled to make it 3-0 and send Hawkins to the showers.
    --The Dust Bunnies roared back in the 7th. Smalley and Downing walked. Boones double cut the lead to one. Knight singled to tie things up.
    --It stayed 3-3 through 9. Moffitt was back on the hill in the 10th. Herr singled and Evans walked. Upshaw chopped one to third and it went off Harrah's glove allowign Herr to race home to take the game and the pennant for the Hard Cider.
    --Jason please pick your MVP. Congrats on another fine season, Jack. You sure gave the Cider all they could handle.

Leave a comment:

• jaybird_1981
    replied
    I guess we will stick with Bannister & Niekro in games 6 & 7.

Leave a comment:

• leecemark
    replied
    LCS: Hard Cider at Dust Bunnies; games 3-5

Game 3: Neikro vs Hawkins
    --The Bunnies took the lead in the bottom of the first. Morgan singled, Harrah walked and Smalley's single made it 1-0. The Hard Cider answered in the 2nd on Upshaw's triple and Wockenfuss single.
    --Mac's went ahead in the third. Mumphrey and Herr single and Hawkins seemed to lose focus as a balk and a wild pitch gave the HC the lead. Cey wnet deep in the 4th to make it 3-1.
    --That score held up til the 7th when the Bunnies really got things going. Smith singled and Harrah was HBP. Baker single cut the lead to one. Smalley walked and Garber came on to try and snuff out the rally. He was less than successfull as Tenace singled home 2 and Downing singled to make it 5-3 for the home team.
    --It was still 5-3 heading to the 9th. Moffitt came on close it out, but his postseason woes continued. Pena greeted him with a HR to cut the lead to one. Herr doubled and Evans was issued an intentional pass. That didn't work out so well either as Murphy belted one into the cheap seats to make it 7-5 Hard Cider. McLaughlin came on for the save and the Cider were a game away from the Diamond Classic.
    Game 4: Beattie vs Kison
    --Smith, Morgan and Harrah all walked to load the bases in the bottom of the first. Beattie found the strike zone to fan Baker. Smalley bunted back to the mound and Beattie got the force at home. Tenace came through with a base hit to socre a pair.
    --The Bunnies added another pair in the 3rd. Harrah singled and Tenace came throug again - this time with a 2 run HR.
    --The Hard Cider bounced back in the 5th. Murphy and Upshaw hit back to back triples to put Mac's on the board. Cey got Upshaw home with a ground out to make it 4-2. That was all the HC could muster though as Kison allowed only one other hit, going the distance to keep the Bunnies season alive.
    Game 5: Soto vs Hough
    --The pitchers ruled early and the game was scoreless through 5. The Hard Cider broke through in the 6th on Herr's triple and Upshaw's sac fly.
    --The Bunnies answered in the 7th. Baker tripled and Boone walked. Downing singled to tie it and Richards single put Pheonix ahead. They added another run in the 8th on singles by Harrah, Baker and Smalley. Hough did the rest with a 5 hit complete game.
    --The series heads back to Yankee Stadium with the Hard Cider up 3 games to 2. Jack, Tenace was injured in game 5. He is out for 5 more games. You may disable and replace him, but that would also keep him out of the Diamond Classic should you get there. Game 6 and 7 (if needed) tommorrow.

Leave a comment:

• catcher24
    replied
    Congrats Jason, I've no doubt the better team prevailed in this series, although it would have been nice to see the Legends finally return to the CKL championship series. It's been a long time...

Ironic that the only win we could muster in this series was taken care of by our legend of a Legend, Fergie Jenkins. The old war horse came through again when it counted.

Leave a comment:

• jaybird_1981
    replied
    Bruce Bochte will be the MVP. Glad I traded for him before the season started!

Leave a comment:

• leecemark
    replied
    LCS: Iron at Legends; games 3-5

Game 3: Eckersley vs Jenkins
    --The Iron jumped out early with 2 in the 1st. Boggs and Bochte singled. Jenkins tossed a WP and Guerrero single got a run home. Diaz homered in the 2nd to make it 2-0.
    --The Legends came back in the 3rd. Ashby doubled and Bonilla singled him home. Milwakee got back on track in the 5th. Conception reached on Jenkin's error. Ray sacrificed him over and Bochte singled him home. Guerrero walked and Dwyer singled to make it 4-1.
    --Lew put on a show for the home crowd in the 6th. Ashby walked and Bonilla doubled him home. Thompson walked. Oberfell singled to cut the lead to one. Hayes reached on an IF single. Puhl singled home 2 more and the Legends claimed the lead. They added 1 more in the 7th to round out the scoring and Reardon came on to close things out with 2 scoreless innings.

Game 4: Palmer vs Clancy
    -Milwakee again got off to an early lead. Bochte homered to make ti 1-0 in the 1st and the Iron added a 2nd run on Guerreros walk and Dwyers double.
    --Lew answered in the bottom of the inning. Bonilla singled and Molitor homered to tie it. Thompson reached on an error. Herndon and Puhl singledto put Lew up. Griffey singled to make it 4-2. Ashby walked. Bonilla's singled home another and Palmer's day ended early.
    --The Iron roared right back in the 2nd. Wilson and Conception singled and ray's single made it 6-3. Boggs walked. Bochte hit into a 5-2-3 DP to give Lew hope of getting out of the jam. Guerrero doubled to cut the lead to one and Clancy followed Palmer to the showers.
    --The Iron reclaimed the lead in the 4th. Bochte walked and Dwyer homered. The Legends tied it up at 7 in the 5th, when Puhl walked and stole 2nd and Ashby singled him home.
    --Milwakee took the lead back in the 6th. Bochte and Guerrero singled and Aikens doubled them home.
    --The Iron pen held on from there for an eventual 10-7 victory.

Game 5: Andujar vs Valenzuala
    --The Legends claimed the lead in the 1st. Molitor singled and Thompson doubled. Oberkfell go the run home with a ground out.
    --Hrbek tripled and Diaz doubled to tie it up in the 2nd. Bochte homered to give the Iron a 2-1 lead in the 3rd. The added 2 more in the 6th. Bochte and Otis walked. Guerreo bunted them over and Hrbek singled them home.
    --That was plenty for Andujar who went the distance for the win. Congrats on a nice season. Lew. Go to the Diamond Classic for the Iron. Jason, pick your MVP>

Leave a comment:

• dust bunnies
    replied
    Dust Bunnies plan no changes.

Leave a comment:

• jaybird_1981
    replied
    I will also stick with my MPs for both teams and got with the 3 and 4 starters I have listed for both.

Leave a comment:

• catcher24
    replied
    I'll go with the MP I have. The Legends are scoring, the starters just aren't getting the job done. This could be another first for Jason - no one has ever placed two teams in the championship series since we've had owners that ran two teams.

Leave a comment:

• leecemark
    replied
    LCS: Dust Bunnies at Hard Cider; games 1-2

Game 1: Hough (15-9, 3.39) vs Soto (11-14, 3.47)
    --The Hard Cider got on the board first on Upshaw's solo blast in the 2nd. They added a couple more in the 3rd. Mumphrey singled and Murphy walked. Upshaw doubled them both home.
    --They tacked on another in the 4th on Law's single and Mumphrey's double. They made it 5-0 in the 6th. Law singled and stole second, then scored on Mumphrey's double.
    --That was more than enough for Soto, as he tossed a 4 hit shutout.

Game 2: Barr (9-4, 2.22) vs Bannister (18-8, 3.57)
    --The Dust Bunnies barrelled out the gate in this one. Smith and Morgan singled to open the ballgame. Harrah walked to load the bases with nobody out. Baker grounded into a force at home, but beat the relay to keep the bases juiced. Samlley's single scored two. Tenace walked. Downing sac fly made it 3-0 and Ruchards single put the visitors up by 4 before the Hard Cider got their first at bats.
    --Mac's started to chip away in the second when Wockenfuss single and Law's triple made it 4-1. The Bunnies got that run back in the 4th when Smith doubled and Morgan tripled to make it 5-1 and send Bannister to the showers. They added on in the 5th on singled by Baker and Smalley with a tencadeground out making it 6-1.
    --The Hard Cider really got going in the bottom of the 5th. Law reached on Morgan's error. Murphy singled and Herr got a run home with a ground out. Evans and Murphy singled to make it 6-3. Wockenfuss singled home another. Cey doubled to cut the lead to one and end Barr's day. Pena greeted Hume with a two run single to make it 7-6 Hard Cider.
    --Mac's bullpen made that hold up. Mahler tossed 4 1/3 strong innings and Garber closed it out to send the series to Pheonix with the Hard Cider already halfway back to the promised land.

Leave a comment:

• leecemark
    replied
    LCS: Legends at Iron; Games 1-2

Game 1: Valenzuala (19-11, 2.95) vs Anjujar (19-12, 3.15)
    --The Legends jumped on Andujar early. In the top of the first Bonilla walked and Thompson went yard to make it 2-0. The Iron retaliated in the 2nd. Hrbek and Diaz singled. Valenzula's WP moved them into scoring position and Conception's doubled tied it.
    --Milwakee moved ahead in the 6th. Bochte and Guerro walked and Hrbek doubled them home. Boggs single made it 5-2 and sent Valenzula to the showers. They added an insurance run in the 8th to ice it.
    Game 2: Show (9-9, 3.51) vs Stoddard (4-3, 3.60)
    --The Iron got off to the early lead in the 1st. Boggs walked and Bochte singled. Dwyer's ground out made it 1-0. Diaz single doubled the lead. Lew evened things up in the 2nd. Puhl's homer got them on the board. Griffey walked and Ashby singled him to 3rd. Bonilla bunted him home.
    --The Iron kept the pressure on in the 3rd. Aikens' singled and Wilson walked. Conception's double drove them both in. Boggs single sent him home to make it 5-2. The Legends fought back in the 4th. Griffey singled and Ashby went deep to cut the lead to 1.
    --The bats took a rest til the 7th. Conception walked and Ray singled. Bochte's double made it 7-4 Aikens rounded out the scoring with an 8th inning solo blast.
    --The series heads to New York with the Legends down 0-2. Neither team had any injuries in the series.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jaybird_1981
    replied
    My MPs were submitted. For the Iron I am going Andujar, Stoddard, Eckersley and for the Cider Soto, Bannister, Niekro.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X