Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windy City Fan
    replied
    Have no fear, I am still around. Life has just been trying on many fronts these last few months.

Leave a comment:

• leecemark
    replied
    --Llamas at Legends tomorrow. Tommorrow is also the listed deadline for postseason award ballots, although since mine is the only ballot so far I may extend that. No promises though so please try and get yours in before midnight EST.

Leave a comment:

• leecemark
    replied
    Divisional Playoffs: games 1-2, Knights at Dust Bunnies

Game 1: Steve Rogers (22-10, 3.25) vs Bruce Kison (5-6, 3.98)
    --The visitors struck first in the bottom of the 2nd. DeCinces doubled. An errror by Harrah put men on the corners. Hostetler's single made it 1-0 and Sax single put the Knights up by 2. The Dust Bunnies got on the board in the bottom of the inning. Baker reached on DeCinces throwing error and scored on Richards single to pull the home 9 back within a run.
    --Leece got the run back in the top of the 3rd on DeConces HR, but Pheonix closed the gap again in the bottom of the inning. Harrah doubled and baker's sngle made it 3-2.
    --The DB's took the lead in the 5th. Knight and Morgan signled to get things going. Harrah was HBP to load the bases. Baker singled to CF to score 2 and Thomas errant throw to the plate brought home another to make it 5-3 Bunnies.
    --The Knights rallied back in the 6th when Thomas was HBP and Linares doubled him home to cut the gap to one. That was all the scoring going to the final frame. Moffit came on to close it out and put Pehonix up 1-0 in the series.

Game 2: John Candelaria (11-10, 4.98) vs Charlie Hough (15-9, 3.39)
    --The Knights again took the early lead. Sax doubled to lead off the 3rd. Hernandez walked and Hough's WP moved them each up a base. Johnson's single made it 2-0 and DeCinces double made it 3-0.
    --The Knights added a run in the 4th on singles by Hostetler and Sax, a Washington walk and a Hernadez ground out. The Dust Bunnies got things going in the bottom of the 4th. Smith singled to start things off. Morgan squibbed one towards the mound and Candelaria fired his throw into the dugout to put men on 2nd and 3rd. Harrah doubled them home to make it 4-2.
    --Pheonix rallied again in the 5th. Tenace led off with a double and Bowning walked. Richards ground out moved them into scoring position. Tenace rather surprising attempted a steal of home costig his team both an out and a baserunner. Boone singled to make it 4-3. Smith walked and Candelaria headed for the showers, having surrended 8 hits and 6 walks plus his costly error - all in all 113 pitches in les than 5 innings of work. Martin got Morgan to ground out to end the rally.
    --The Knights loaded the bases with none out in the 7th on a Sax single and a pair of walks. A third walk to Carter made it 5-3 and Hume came on to try and keep the game from getting out of hand. DeCinces rocketed his first pitch back through the box - or almost through. Hume snared it, fired to 3rd for the DP and Harrah realyed it over to first to complete the triple play!
    --The 5-3 lead held into the 9th when Fingers came on to close it out for the Knights. The series heads off to Motown tied up at 1. Series will resume on Friday with game 3-4. There were no injuries in these games.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• catcher24
    replied
    I'm really very surprised that the Legends managed to beat out the Skipjacks for the Hulbert title. Lost several of my better bats to usage in early September and the offense really took a hit. Looks like the same thing happened to Jason though with the Skipjacks. A battle of attrition for sure and the Legends managed to stagger home first. Congrats on another great pennant battle Jason. You've been a great competitor since the beginning and I expect to see a repeat next season.

Jason L., just a fantastic job on taking both byes. Terrific job! Congrats to Jack, Rich and Mark as well. Nicely done gentlemen.

Leave a comment:

• dust bunnies
    replied
    Originally posted by leecemark View Post
    --You can replace him with an otherwise eligible player (i.e. 100 PA/BF and on your roster on Aug 31).
    Because I don't know who was on the DB roster on Aug 31, I don't know who is eligible. Hence will go with 24 as mentioned above. Jack

Leave a comment:

• leecemark
    replied
    --You may replace Dravecky with any otherwise eligible player, just as if he was injured.

Leave a comment:

• dust bunnies
    replied
    Dave Dravecky, who was listed on the DB playoff roster, went over usage sometime in early September. Having no clue who was active at that time, we will go with a 24 man playoff roster.

Leave a comment:

• jaybird_1981
    replied
    Great to see Fergie get his 300.

Leave a comment:

• leecemark
    replied
    --Congrats to Jason for bringing home the league's two best records and claiming the bye in both leagues. Also to the Legends for winning the Hulbert, the Dust Bunnies for sweeping the Knights to take the Johnson and the Llamas for clinching the Ruth bye. First round matchups will be Llamas at Legends and Knights at Dust Bunnies.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• rmadachik
    replied
    Originally posted by catcher24 View Post
    WOOO-HOOO!! Fergie Jenkins win over the Psycho Llamas last night was his eighth of the season - and the 300th of his career! There may be others, but he's the first to reach the 300 win milestone.

CONGRATS FERGIE ON #300!!!

Talk about a tale of two pitchers. From opening day to July 15th, Jenkins was 0-8, 5.60 ERA, 1.52 WHIP in 19 starts. From July 16th to date, he is 8-5, 3.26 ERA, 1.25 WHIP in 17 starts. He's been my best starter since the all star break.

Well - when I said Fergie would get his I certainly didn't expect it to be against my team. Congrats to Him and to Lew for a fine career

Leave a comment:

• leecemark
    replied
    Way to go Fergie! He has had quite the career for the Legends

Leave a comment:

• catcher24
    replied
    WOOO-HOOO!! Fergie Jenkins win over the Psycho Llamas last night was his eighth of the season - and the 300th of his career! There may be others, but he's the first to reach the 300 win milestone.

CONGRATS FERGIE ON #300!!!

Talk about a tale of two pitchers. From opening day to July 15th, Jenkins was 0-8, 5.60 ERA, 1.52 WHIP in 19 starts. From July 16th to date, he is 8-5, 3.26 ERA, 1.25 WHIP in 17 starts. He's been my best starter since the all star break.

Leave a comment:

• leecemark
    replied
    --Going into the last series the Legends have a one game lead on the Skipjacks for the Hulbert division title, The Hard Cider have a two game lead on the Knights for the Robinson bye and the Llamas have a 3 game lead on the Boys for the Ruth WC. The Hard Cider own the tie breaker over the Knights. The tie breaker does not apply to the other two races, since the loser would not make the playoffs. Those ties would be settled by one game play offs should they occur. Also, those one game playoffs would be considered playoff games and anyone who goes over usage in game 169 would retain playoff eligiblility.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• J W
    replied
    Thanks Lew. I'll sit tight for the next series. Both the Corsairs and Badgers are slightly weaker vs RHP and that's all I have left. I've got 3 righties and 3 lefties ahead of us. Gura and Steib are going to be the tough games on paper. All games on the road. o.o

The Legends have a tough series at the Llamas, but finish at home vs the Thunder. Having the tie-break looks pretty big right now for them. I remember twice this season the Jacks were primed to pull away in the division and the Legends swept 'em. Those were key games.
    Last edited by J W; 02-03-2013, 02:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• catcher24
    replied
    Originally posted by J W View Post
    Please send down Tommy John, and bring up Dick Ruthven to pitch the final game for John's spot in the rotation.

May I have the projected pitching match-ups for the final six games?
    Jason - Based on the MPs in the DB Mark sent yesterday, these will be your pitching matchups over the final six games:
    10/11: Norris vs Breining
    10/12: Barker vs Moreno, A
    10/13: Denman vs Gura
    10/14: Forsch vs Stieb
    10/15: Ruthven vs McGregor
    10/16: Norris vs D. Robinson

That's what I show unless I missed something. All three teams have their rotations currently set to five man strict, so I think that should be right.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X