• Show
Clear All

• dust bunnies
    replied
    posted in wrong place

Leave a comment:

• leecemark
    replied
    --Well everyone has confirmed they will be back so I will get the offseason thread up today.

Leave a comment:

• Windy City Fan
    replied
    Murray had a nice ERA, but his 60% save conversion rate is part of the reason the Tyrants were underachievers last season.

Leave a comment:

• catcher24
    replied
    Originally posted by Windy City Fan View Post
    The Thunder player of the year will be Jack Clark our OPS leader. And Larry McWilliams will be the pitcher of the year, the best of a poor lot.

For the Tyrants, MVP Robin Yount is an easy choice as player of the year. Shane Rawley will be the pitcher of the year.
    Finished them last night and I got Clark and McWilliams right. Yount was easy, but I'll change my pick of Dale Murray to Rawley.

Leave a comment:

• catcher24
    replied
    Originally posted by rmadachik View Post
    So I traded the Psycho Llama's #2 pick in 1985 to the Jax this season (#144 1982 season thread) but I had already traded that pick to the Thunder, so Lew has agreed to ammend the deal and make that pick the Llamas #2 in 1986
    I confirm this change.

Leave a comment:

• Windy City Fan
    replied
    The Thunder player of the year will be Jack Clark our OPS leader. And Larry McWilliams will be the pitcher of the year, the best of a poor lot.

For the Tyrants, MVP Robin Yount is an easy choice as player of the year. Shane Rawley will be the pitcher of the year.
    Last edited by Windy City Fan; 02-26-2013, 09:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Windy City Fan
    replied
    I will be returning. I know I was absentee down the stretch, but both clubs were out of it and life got hectic, it was easy for CKL to temporarily fall to the wayside. Anyway, I'm ready for the next season and looking for both clubs to contend.

My schedule for March is a little busy. I'll be out of town March 16 - 18 and March 23 - 30.

Leave a comment:

• rmadachik
    replied
    So I traded the Psycho Llama's #2 pick in 1985 to the Jax this season (#144 1982 season thread) but I had already traded that pick to the Thunder, so Lew has agreed to ammend the deal and make that pick the Llamas #2 in 1986

Leave a comment:

• dust bunnies
    replied
    Originally posted by J W View Post
    The Skipjacks announce they will NOT BE CONTENDING in 1983, and are putting up a good number of players for sale in the offseason, including but not limited to their contracts coming off the books after the season:

Rod Carew (13.5 mil)
    My records regarding Rod Carew do not agree with those of JW above. So I checked past threads. Rod Carew was signed by the Skipjacks in 1978 for $13.5M. (See 1987 FA Thread, Post #530.) Because the maximum length of a FA contract is five years, he should now be a free agent, because his contract should have expired after 1982. Jack

Leave a comment:

• J W
    replied
    Congrats to Jason and his Iron, a franchise with a well deserved championship!

I'll be back with the Skipjacks.

Batter - George Brett
    Pitcher - Jerry Udjur

The Skipjacks announce they will NOT BE CONTENDING in 1983, and are putting up a good number of players for sale in the offseason, including but not limited to their contracts coming off the books after the season:

Rod Carew (13.5 mil)
    Ken Forsch (7.5 mil)
    Kiko Garcia (0.5 mil)
    Dwayne Murphy (2.0 mil)
    Mike Norris (1.25 mil)
    Tom Paciorek (5.25 mil)
    Kent Tekulve (6.75 mil)

I'll repeat this in the offseason thread.

Leave a comment:

• scubadan
    replied
    Dwight Evans and Geoff Zahn for the Maloy Boys.

Leave a comment:

• catcher24
    replied
    Originally posted by leecemark View Post
    Knights: Gary Carter and Steve Rogers
    Corsairs: Jim Rice and Larry Gura
    Rogers has really dominated that position for the Knights. Only twice in the last seven years he missed out: to Mike Paxton's ROY season in 1978 and to Dennis Lamp's Cy Young season last year. Looking like a pretty good bet for the CKL Hall of Fame once he retires.

Leave a comment:

• jaybird_1981
    replied
    Iron: Joaquin Andujar, Pedro Guerrero
    Hard Cider: Gene Garber, Dale Murphy

Leave a comment:

• rmadachik
    replied
    I will be back with the Beavs and Llamas

Team MVP's

Beavs - Murray and Quisenberry
    Llamas - Schmidt and Gossage