Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the Greatest Draft Pick You Ever Made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the Greatest Draft Pick You Ever Made?

This brings up memories as a different thread pulled this name out of me.

In '98 I drafted Fernando Tatis in the final round (30) of our draft. I kept him the next season, and he went absolute ballistic to a tune of .298/34/107.

Apparently that was his one great year as he never got close. But it was a fun year for me.

This year, it's been Mike Trout in the 13th round. In my auction leauge, $11 for Chase Headley has been an absolute steal. Then again, $41 for Hanley and $27 for Werth hasn't panned out all that well

I can list more - as well as major clunkers. Interested in any of yours.
    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Chris Sale this year did pretty good for me until the end.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

In 2001 I used my sixth pick (serpentine draft) to pick Ichiro Suzuki.

Comment

Jean Segura is turning into my greatest one in my short Fantasy career.
        "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Segura's sweet. Looking like this year, my 30th round pick (final pick overall) of Manny Machado in an AL-only draft is money.
          "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
            Segura's sweet. Looking like this year, my 30th round pick (final pick overall) of Manny Machado in an AL-only draft is money.
            Man how I wish I would have picked up Machado in most of my leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
              Man how I wish I would have picked up Machado in most of my leagues.
              I've missed as many or more than I've gotten right. This year, I used a 14th pick on Wil Myers and he's struggling, so that looks like a bust. Last year I took the pitcher Iwakuma and dropped him when they pushed him into the pen - had him at rd 26. He went this year round 16 or so and is doing very well. I also took Bogaerts this year and dropped him quickly as he struggled early and Stepen Drew came back. Last I looked, he was raking and now I can't keep him since I released him.

That's the one really cool thing we do - and the most frustrating when you need impact players now... whoever we draft and keep, that player stays in his draft slot for the next three seasons with a fourth year option. In other words, I can keep Machado at 30 again the next two years with an option to keep him at 15 for the fourth season. That's what makes picking prospects fun in the league we do. The payoff can be immense if you hit one right.

Comment

I wonder if this Charlie Blackmon is the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
                  I wonder if this Charlie Blackmon is the real deal.
                  Through May 10th:

AVG: .355
                  OPS: .991

Since May 11th:

AVG: .262
                  OPS: .685

But his first eight weeks were so good for a player picked up off the waiver wire, he helped teams get early leads from an unexpected source.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X