Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the Greatest Draft Pick You Ever Made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post

I suppose it's semantics, In 2005 Lee led the National League in hits, doubles, batting average, slugging percentage, OPS, OPS+, and total bases. And this was when Albert Pujols was in his prime. Lee never led the league in even a single category in any other season. His 7.4 WAR is 61% higher than his second best season, 220% higher than his third best season,, and 247% higher than his fourth best seasons.
    Hmm, good point.
    My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
    2. Barry Bonds
    3. Ty Cobb
    4. Ted Williams
    5. Willie Mays
    6. Alex Rodriguez
    7. Hank Aaron
    8. Honus Wagner
    9. Lou Gehrig
    10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

This Year i drafted semien (274, 23 hr, 10 steals so far) in the 16th round and Sandy alcantara (3.2 era) in the 19th round.
      I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

In 1999, for my Homerun Derby league, we after our regular rounds, we had a three rounds of "losers", who couldn't be rookies or injured the previous year and that didn't have double digit homers.

I picked Paul Konerko (), who had 24 homers for me in the special "losers" category...and helped me win the league.
        "He'd give you the shirt off his back. Of course he'd call a press conference to announce it" (Catfish Hunter talking about Reggie Jackson)
        Play the Who am I? game in trivia and you can make this signature line yours for 3 days (baseball signatures only!)

Go here for a link to all player links! http://www.baseball-fever.com/forum/...player-threads

Go here for all your 1920's/1930's OF info

Comment

I was lucky to grab Nolan Arenado at 16 overall in our 2014 rookie draft for our keeper sim league. I had planned to take one of the pitchers left (Sonny Gray, Alex Wood, Kevin Gausman), but I couldn't pass him up when he fell that far. Worked out better than my original plan, for sure!
          "It is a simple matter to erect a Hall of Fame, but difficult to select the tenants." -- Ken Smith
          "I am led to suspect that some of the electorate is very dumb." -- Henry P. Edwards
          "You have a Hall of Fame to put people in, not keep people out." -- Brian Kenny
          "There's no such thing as a perfect ballot." -- Jay Jaffe

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X