This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1901 - Present Keeper League Discussion

Looking to see if anyone is interested in joining a new league beginning in 1901 with an entire re-draft of players from 1901 and going year to year as we do here in CKL. I am looking for input on league rules and organization. I will be adopting a lot from what we do here with regards to drafting and free agency. Here is a breif rundown.

1. we will start with 10 teams in the year 1901

2. Each team will play in a park from that year and progress in the same park as we do in ckl. park moves will be alowed once per decade.

3. All players from the year 1901 will be re-drafted. Player salaries and contract length for this initial draft will be automatic depending on what round they are taken.

Round 1 - 15M
    Round 2 - 10M
    Round 3 - 8M
    Round 4 - 7M
    Round 5 - 6M
    Round 6 - 5M
    Round 7 - 4M
    Round 8 - 3M
    Round 9-12 - 2M
    Round 13-17 - 1M
    Round 18-21 - 750K
    Round 22-25 - 500K
    Round 26-30 - 250K

Contract lengths will be as follows

Round 1 - up to 8 years
    Round 2-5 - up to 6 years
    Round 6-10 - up to 5 years
    Round 11-15 - up to 4 years
    Round 16-30 - up to 3 years

For the first draft you will need to choose contract lengths. every team will then have 77.25M salary out of a 100M cap.

4. Rather than doing a Home team Discount. Players who have completed their rookie contract will become restricted free agents:
    RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS
    Any player who has completed their initial rookie contract who has not been designated as a franchise player will enter Restricted Free Agency. A list of restricted free agents will be provided to each owner. We will do a blind auction on these players. Every owner who wants to participate will submit a list of bids to the commissioner (the commish will submit his list to another owner). The result of the highest bids will be posted. The original team will have 24 hours to match bids on their players in order to maintain control of that player. Any player not matched will be awarded to the bidding team. Any player not bidded on may also be re-signed by the original team at this point for minimum wage, or released.

Rookie draft and free agency will run as it does now with the exception that only the bottom 2 teams in each league will have a draft lottery.

Thats where I am at so far. any feedback would be apreciated
    Last edited by rmadachik; 02-03-2012, 08:54 AM.
    Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

Rich, that Restricted Free Agent process sounds eerily familiar - kind of like what Scott did with PAP, with "player raiding", albeit a bit different. Although PAP could be quite confusing, I always found that player raiding rule kind of fun, and it certainly was different from anything I've run into anywhere else.

BTW, you might want to make a post in the General Discussion thread pointing out that this thread is here. I'm not sure if anyone will see it otherwise. Good luck with your project.
    You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

--I'll play if you can get enough reliable owners to get this off the ground.

Comment

I would be willing to give it a try if you start it up.

Comment

I'll play as long as Mark's team isn't called the Knights.
          Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

does anyone know does diamond mind version 10 let you install the program and run without the cd like version 9? and run on more than one pc?
            Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

Comment

I'm in for 1901. Hopefully, this will be in addition to CKL continuing.
              There are 10 kinds of people. Those who get binary and those who don't.

Comment

I could be interested if I don't have to purchase the game.

Comment

That gives us 7 owners so far. I am thinking that an April startup is in the works here. I will keep you all posted, and hopefully Lew changes his mind by then to

Comment

I'm interested. I've participated in quite a few alltime draft leagues, but this is different- perhaps a little bit like Diamond Legends? I used to play that quite a bit before it disappeared about 5 years ago. I've talked a bit with Lew about CKL, and it sounds sort of interesting. Is there anything else to read about this for background info?

Comment

I'm in as long as I don't have to buy anything.

Are we going with mostly the same rules as the CKL with just slight modifications? Or are we possibly going to revamp the whole thing?
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

I'll be the 10th. This sounds interesting. And I'd encourage Wade and Ron to consider jumping into CKL if they have the time to commit to both leagues.
                        "I will calmly wait for my induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame."
                        - Sammy Sosa

"Get a comfy chair, Sammy, cause its gonna be a long wait."
                        - Craig Ashley (AKA Windy City Fan)

Comment

I think we will use CKL's rules as the base and make some changes from there such as what I have for the restricted free agents instead of the home town discount. any suggestions between now and april would be welcome too

Comment

Originally posted by Windy City Fan View Post
                            I'll be the 10th. This sounds interesting. And I'd encourage Wade and Ron to consider jumping into CKL if they have the time to commit to both leagues.
                            I considered it before, but from what I could tell, new teams basically had to bend over and take it for the first several seasons.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

[QUOTE=catcher24;1972805]Rich, that Restricted Free Agent process sounds eerily familiar - kind of like what Scott did with PAP, with "player raiding", albeit a bit different. Although PAP could be quite confusing, I always found that player raiding rule kind of fun, and it certainly was different from anything I've run into anywhere else.

I kinda liked the "player raiding" myself.
                              There are 10 kinds of people. Those who get binary and those who don't.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X