Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1910 roster shows White at $12.000 . I was not over budget. I also have him listed on my 1910 roster as contracted for 3 years through 1911 at $12.000. Again, I was not over budget. How it got changed to $0.750 I have no idea.

Will look into it further.

Ed
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who get binary and those who don't.

Comment

• Looks like 1st time price was wrong was when scubadan posted trade. Inmates confirmed without looking at prices.
      Inmates were never over budget. Don't know about Tigers
      There are 10 kinds of people. Those who get binary and those who don't.

Comment

• I honestly haven't looked too closely, but if the Tigers need to cover 11.25M they should not have any issue. My spreadsheet has them at 88.5M right now. From what Ed posted, he was never over the cap so I think all may be fine.

Comment

• Were the Tigers over the cap last year?

But yeah, it may be too late to do anything.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

• I'm inclined to recommend leniency in this case.

Mistakes happen, we're human and prone to errors. I really doubt anybody intentionally tried to cook the numbers to gain an advantage.

Maybe what's best to do is let this serve as reminder to each of us to be more careful going forward so we can avoid these types of situations.
            -Steve

Comment

• Sorry...just catching up with the conversation. I don't keep a league-wide schedule of player's salaries and when working a trade I usually ask the other owner to give me a player's contract terms. Somewhere in those PM's, White's salary must have been listed as 750k. When I posted the trade, I would have posted from that information. Original emails from this transaction have long ago been deleted so I can't confirm where the error occurred. I know for sure that if his salary was 12M there would have been no way to include him under my salary cap and couldn't have even made the trade based on my spreadsheet for my team.

Fortunately, I do have the cap space to cover that this year. I'm certainly glad I didn't win some of the FA's I was going for. I've updated my spreadsheet.
              Dan
              CKL - Maloy Boys
              P2PKL - Detroit Tigers

Comment

• It's all good Dan
                Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

Comment

• Guys

I am sorry to announce that 1911 will be the last season of p2pkl. I appreciate all the effort you all put into making this league go for 11 seasons. I have enjoyed much of it, and have formed some good friendships along the way.

Things got to be too contentious between owners, and it has become too much of a time investment (especially between seasons). In short, managing the league has ceased to be enjoyable for me, and so I think it's time to pull the plug.

Sorry to everyone who was looking forward to upcoming seasons. I know the feeling when you are looking forward to a season, only to have it pulled from under you. I'm sorry to be making that happen.

I look forward to working with many of you in the other league. The one positive is that the lessons I learned from this league have helped make the atpkl league much more manageable and enjoyable for me, which should keep it running long into the future.

I never like to bail on a project, so again, I apologize for pulling the plug on you. Hopefully this isn't a huge shock - I know some of you were on the fence on continuing anyway.

Thanks again

Rich
                  Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

Comment

• I feel like things just dropped off a cliff with this league, so I want to take a minute to thank Rich for all his tireless work over the past seasons. It was a thankless job, but he did it really well. Personally, I'm sorry that the league has folded. I enjoyed it, even though I haven't been able to pay enough attention to it during the past year. I consider myself a bit of a baseball historian, but my knowledge of the early twentieth century has been somewhat limited, to the bigger names and bigger events. The PTP league has afforded me insight into many dozens of players that I had known little or nothing about.

Anyhow, thanks again Rich. I wish we could have kept things going, but you did a great job.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X