X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leecemark
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by rmadachik View Post
    Seattle rattles off a 10 game winning streak to take control of the National League.... The Bums continue to lead the AL by 3 games
    Now thats more like it! I see it wasn't all good news though and we had another serious injury. Please send out a new league file and I'll get you an Mp to deal with that.
    Last edited by leecemark; 05-04-2012, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• catcher24
      The Tools of Ignorance
      • Feb 2004

Seattle rattles off a 10 game winning streak to take control of the National League.... The Bums continue to lead the AL by 3 games
      Nice run there, Mark! No surprise that Seattle took control, but that was a bit sooner than in any tests I ran.

Rich, ditto on what Mark said regarding getting a new league file. I see Donovan has been injured for 23 games, so I'll have to make some type of adjustment once I get the file, and I'll get a new MP out to you.
      You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

• Windy City Fan
        Bitter Optimist
        • Aug 2003

Both lineups
        2B Jennings (Gatins)
        RF Walden (Rickert)
        LF Nance (Rickert)
        SS Davis (Gatins)
        3B Leach (Gatins)
        C Kling (Pietz)
        1B Tenny (Jordan)
        CF Lush (Hamilton)
        DH McIntyre

Lush is an injury replacement for Dobbs.
        "I will calmly wait for my induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame."
        - Sammy Sosa

"Get a comfy chair, Sammy, cause its gonna be a long wait."
        - Craig Ashley (AKA Windy City Fan)

Comment

• rmadachik
          • Mar 2010

League file has been sent, and website has been updated. We had the leagues first no-hitter this sim

here is the website link in case anyone still needs it

Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

Comment

• catcher24
            The Tools of Ignorance
            • Feb 2004

League file has been sent, and website has been updated. We had the leagues first no-hitter this sim

here is the website link in case anyone still needs it

http://www.wix.com/rmadachik/p2pkl
            Cool, a no hitter this soon. This is a pretty offensive oriented season, so having one right away is really unexpected.
            You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

• Wade8813
              The Dark Knight = Amazing
              • Jul 2006

If I change my rotation, and put my number 2 starter as my number 1 temporarily, does that mean they'll start my number 2 in the next game? Or does it mean that my number 2 will start in the slot my number 1 would have started in?
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

• BigRon
                • Jan 2009

Another question: in Diamond Legends (which may have morphed into Imagine), the game with which I am most familiar, we had the option to change lineups EVERY game. So, if I wanted to rest a regular for a game or 2, I could. This was often done to minimize the likeliehood of a disabling injury during the season. Do we have any option like this here? We're playing 10 games at a time, so if I make a lineup change I assume it's for the full packet of 10 games. That's not what I want to do. Are there options here? Am I misunderstanding something?

Comment

• catcher24
                  The Tools of Ignorance
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Wade8813 View Post
                  If I change my rotation, and put my number 2 starter as my number 1 temporarily, does that mean they'll start my number 2 in the next game? Or does it mean that my number 2 will start in the slot my number 1 would have started in?
                  That depends on what you want to do. If you tell Rich to move #2 to #1 and start him next game, Rich has the option of doing that from within DM. If you tell Rich to move #2 to #1 but not to start him next game, then if your rotation is at the #2 starter slot, whoever is in that slot will start the next game. It's a lot easier to understand if you have the game in front of you. This picture may help me describe it better:

Capture.JPG

This is the way you presently have your rotation set. The next scheduled starter is your #3 starter, Yeager. Presuming your team is playing on 4/28, Yeager will go. Note that since you have the rotation set to skip, if there is an off day in there and you don't play on 4/28, it would go immediately from #2 back to #1, skipping #3. Note also that Hughes did start in Pittinger's slot this past game, throwing 116 pitches as a starter on 4/27. If you had the game, you would see that on the next screen (Spot Starter), you have Hughes starting 35% of the time for Pittinger and for Yeager as well. All that being said, it looks like if you change Young from #1 to #2, your next three starters would be Yeager, Pittinger, Young - again, presuming your team is scheduled to play on 4/28. If not, and you don't play until 4/29, it will skip Yeager and go Pittinger, Young. Remember that if you do make this move and put Young at #2, you should also have Rich move Hughes appropriately on the Spot Starter screen, or he'll be pitching for Young 35% of the time rather than for Pittinger.

Hope all that helps and doesn't just confuse you more.

Comment

• catcher24
                    The Tools of Ignorance
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by BigRon View Post
                    Another question: in Diamond Legends (which may have morphed into Imagine), the game with which I am most familiar, we had the option to change lineups EVERY game. So, if I wanted to rest a regular for a game or 2, I could. This was often done to minimize the likeliehood of a disabling injury during the season. Do we have any option like this here? We're playing 10 games at a time, so if I make a lineup change I assume it's for the full packet of 10 games. That's not what I want to do. Are there options here? Am I misunderstanding something?
                    The only similar option here is to assign the backup at a position a certain percentage of the playing time. For example, your lineup has Bobby Wallace as starter at SS against both righties and lefties, with Ely the backup in case of injury. You could assign Ely a percentage of starts, like 5% against lefties. The computer manager will then put Ely into the SS position 5% of the time against left handed pitchers, resting Wallace. One thing to note, though, is that if you do that you would want Rich to change your Usage on the lineup screen from Track Starts to Game by Game. Reason: using Track Starts, the CM will use Ely in 5% of your total season games. Since he hasn't played at all yet, he may get five or six starts in a row to "catch him up" to 5% for the season. Using Game by Game, there will simply be a 5% chance each game that Ely will start. Of course, this can be done for any position, with the sub starting whatever percentage of the time you want.

Interestingly, the last time I looked at Out of the Park, the update at the time provided the opportunity to set your lineups DAILY for two weeks in advance, just for leagues like this, so you could no only have a guy start just two or three games, but you could pick the games, and you could adjust your lineup accordingly for each game as well. Thus, under OOTP, you could have Ely play a couple games to rest Wallace, but he wouldn't be batting in the #3 slot in the order if you didn't want him to. Under DM, you don't have that option of adjusting the order - the sub plays exactly where the starter does.

Hope that helps.

Comment

• Sockeye
                      Sunday, May 14, 1978
                      • Mar 2006

A tip of my cap to you Lew. I don't own the game but you did a fantastic game explaining it!

One thing I've been wondering about and perhaps someone can answer it. It doesn't apply to the Angels this season but may in the future. If say I was running a platoon at some position and wanted one player to play only against Lefties at home. Would there be a way to specify that? In the CKL with it being 3 game sims it's easier to set up the lineup from series to series. But during 10 game sims that would be more difficult. Would I just need to look at the next 10 games upcoming and specify multiple lineups for each series during that sims then perhaps Rich could impliment the adjustments accordingly as Mark does in the CKL if you want to change something in the middle of a 3 game sim? Just curious for future reference.
                      My dream ballpark dimensions
                      LF: 400 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
                      RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
                      Location....San Diego

Comment

• rmadachik
                        • Mar 2010

next sim will be tonight, so if you have any changes to your lineup you have til around 10pm EST

Also, regarding making changed to a lineup mid-sim, I would rather not open that can of worms. Please keep in mind that setting aside time to run along with trying to keep my team in ckl from tanking the season is pretty time consuming. I would like to keep the simming process as uncomplicated and time consuming as possible - at least as long as my family still appreciates my company.

Rich
                        Last edited by rmadachik; 05-07-2012, 05:24 AM.
                        Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

Comment

• rmadachik
                          • Mar 2010

2 more players lost to over-usage - Both with Seattle

Jeremy Schaefer, and George Bone

Comment

• catcher24
                            The Tools of Ignorance
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Sockeye View Post
                            A tip of my cap to you Lew. I don't own the game but you did a fantastic game explaining it!

One thing I've been wondering about and perhaps someone can answer it. It doesn't apply to the Angels this season but may in the future. If say I was running a platoon at some position and wanted one player to play only against Lefties at home. Would there be a way to specify that? In the CKL with it being 3 game sims it's easier to set up the lineup from series to series. But during 10 game sims that would be more difficult. Would I just need to look at the next 10 games upcoming and specify multiple lineups for each series during that sims then perhaps Rich could impliment the adjustments accordingly as Mark does in the CKL if you want to change something in the middle of a 3 game sim? Just curious for future reference.
                            I think Rich answered this in a roundabout way when he said he doesn't want to open that can of worms - and understandably so. The answer is: only if you are playing short sim series, ala the CKL. Some leagues even play just one game per day, basically real time, which makes it easy IF everyone has the game and can send in an updated MP. However, under the system Rich is using of running ten games per sim, that strategy would be difficult to work.

Comment

• Wade8813
                              The Dark Knight = Amazing
                              • Jul 2006

All I want is to be able to set my rotation with a bit more control than I can figure out how to do.

I was happy with Hughes pitching 35% of the games for both Yeager and Pittinger, but it doesn't work if it's a semi-random 35%. He would sometimes go several games in a row not covering for anyone, than when he would have pitched multiple times to make up for it, they wouldn't let him because he'd be too tired.

If there was some way to force the program to adhere to a strict replacement system, or if I could submit who I wanted to start each game for the next 10 games (even if it didn't fit a normal rotation pattern), I would be happy. For instance, if I could have it go #1, #2, #3, #1, #4, #2, #1, #3, #4, #1, etc...
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

• Windy City Fan
                                Bitter Optimist
                                • Aug 2003

2 more players lost to over-usage - Both with Seattle

Jeremy Schaefer, and George Bone
                                Can we get some game results, team stats, injury list and such?
                                "I will calmly wait for my induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame."
                                - Sammy Sosa

"Get a comfy chair, Sammy, cause its gonna be a long wait."
                                - Craig Ashley (AKA Windy City Fan)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X