X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the Rams bid 5.5M on Tim Jordan
    Erik Bedard
    all of the time
    Last edited by Erik Bedard; 12-17-2012, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• the Rams bid 1M on John Skopec

Comment

• Originally posted by buppers View Post
        Inmates bid 3.000 on Chief Zimmer
        Did this bid put the Inmates over the cap or is my spreadsheet wrong? I had the Inmates starting the FA period with $97M in salaries. Post #202 shows the Inmates with the high bid on Tim Flood at $2M putting them at $99M. Then this bid on Zimmer would put them at $102M.

Did I miss something somewhere?
        Dan
        CKL - Maloy Boys
        P2PKL - Detroit Tigers

Comment

• The Bums bid $3.0 on Ed Poole.

Comment

• The Bums bid $1.0 on Bill H. Hallman. Erik bid $0.75 earlier, but that was no higher than the existing bid.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigRon View Post
              The Bums bid $1.0 on Bill H. Hallman. Erik bid $0.75 earlier, but that was no higher than the existing bid.
              whoops, misread that. we're in the 500K phase now though, so you'd have to bid 1.25M for him.

e: also, Poole already has a 3M bid, from the Pioneers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik Bedard View Post
                whoops, misread that. we're in the 500K phase now though, so you'd have to bid 1.25M for him.

e: also, Poole already has a 3M bid, from the Pioneers.
                OK. I'll bid $1.25 for Bill H. Hallman. And, since there's a new bid for Poole I guess that automatically moves him on to the next phase, so he's still in play for everybody.

Comment

• The Bums bid $1.25 for Gus Thompson.

Comment

• Kumquats bid $1.75M on Bill H. Hallman
                    Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

• Just so I'm 100% clear on this: if ANY new bid is made on a player this round by anyone other than the person who had the high bid in the last round, that player automatically moves on to the next ($1 million) round- correct?

For example, the Bums bid $1.25 on Bill H. Hallman, superceding the $0.75 bid by someone else from the previous round. I believe my bid automatically will move Hallman to the next round- I don't get him in this round even if my bid isn't surpassed. A few minutes ago the Kumquats bid $1.75 on Hallman. All that does is ratchet up the starting bidding for Hallman in the next round- right?

Comment

Just so I'm 100% clear on this: if ANY new bid is made on a player this round by anyone other than the person who had the high bid in the last round, that player automatically moves on to the next ($1 million) round- correct?

For example, the Bums bid $1.25 on Bill H. Hallman, superceding the $0.75 bid by someone else from the previous round. I believe my bid automatically will move Hallman to the next round- I don't get him in this round even if my bid isn't surpassed. A few minutes ago the Kumquats bid $1.75 on Hallman. All that does is ratchet up the starting bidding for Hallman in the next round- right?
                        Ron, that agrees with my understanding.
                        Dan
                        CKL - Maloy Boys
                        P2PKL - Detroit Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by scubadan View Post
                          Ron, that agrees with my understanding.
                          Thanks, Dan. I'm going under that assumption, that I don't have to keep bidding this round on every player I want to compete for- just have to assure that SOMEONE does.

Comment

Thanks, Dan. I'm going under that assumption, that I don't have to keep bidding this round on every player I want to compete for- just have to assure that SOMEONE does.
                            That is all part of the strategy my friend.
                            My dream ballpark dimensions
                            LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
                            RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
                            Location....San Diego

Comment

• The Bums bid $1.5 for Billy clingman.

Comment

• The only reason I can see to bid up an unnecessary bid now (at $0.50 increments) is because the overbid in this round is less than $1.00M bid increments in the next round.
                                Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X