1903 Free Agency Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by catcher24 View Post
    Looking at the rules it appears that any team may bid on a player that goes to the blind auction, even if they had not bid on that player previously. Is that correct? It makes sense, since an owner can jump into the bidding on a player at any other point during the process, but wanted to make sure I'm interpreting it correctly.
    Another question about the blind bid. Does the money "meter' for a player start at zero or does any bid have to be higher than the highest bid in the million dollar round? For example, if Fred Fadooklewicz had a bid of $6 million in the million dollar round and moves on to the blind bid round, must a blind bid be higher than $6 million, or can a bidder bid lower if he wishes, taking a chance that other bidders' thinking may also change?

Comment

• Kumquats bid $3.00M on Lefty Davis.
      Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

• In the blind bidding process. Is there anyway that a high bidder going into the blind bid can protect his bid? Overbid on himself? If two owners bid the same amount on a given player, I assume the first bid is the winning bid, correct?

Jack
        Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

• Originally posted by dust bunnies View Post
          In the blind bidding process. Is there anyway that a high bidder going into the blind bid can protect his bid? Overbid on himself? If two owners bid the same amount on a given player, I assume the first bid is the winning bid, correct?

Jack
          If you hold the highest bid on a player going ino the blind bit you can place a max bid on that player that only goes ino effect if another owner bids on that player.
          Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

Comment

• Originally posted by BigRon View Post
            Another question about the blind bid. Does the money "meter' for a player start at zero or does any bid have to be higher than the highest bid in the million dollar round? For example, if Fred Fadooklewicz had a bid of $6 million in the million dollar round and moves on to the blind bid round, must a blind bid be higher than $6 million, or can a bidder bid lower if he wishes, taking a chance that other bidders' thinking may also change?
            The last bid before going into the blind bids is still an active bid so it would be the minimum. any bid in the blind bidding round must exceed the standing bid by at least 1M
            Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

Comment

• Spiders - Ed Pinnance 250K

Comment

• Spiders - Stan Yerkes 250k

Comment

• Spiders - Charlie DeArmond 250K

Comment

• Spiders - Joe Marshall 250K

Comment

• Spiders - Patsy Flaherty 13.5M

Comment

• Originally posted by Sockeye View Post
                        I found the Rams roster, but couldn't find the Barons.
                        Where is it? I can't seem to find it.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

• Originally posted by Wade8813 View Post
                          Where is it? I can't seem to find it.
                          1902-03 offseason thread #30
                          My dream ballpark dimensions
                          LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
                          RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
                          Location....San Diego

Comment

• I'm only 85% sure he's available, because of confusion with his name.

Sharks bid 250K on Charles Barthell Moran

Originally posted by Sockeye View Post
                            1902-03 offseason thread #30
                            Thanks
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

• Pioneers bid 5M on Bill H. Hallman

Comment

• Angels - George Merritt - 0.25
                                My dream ballpark dimensions
                                LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
                                RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
                                Location....San Diego

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X