1903 Free Agency Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rmadachik View Post
    If you hold the highest bid on a player going ino the blind bit you can place a max bid on that player that only goes ino effect if another owner bids on that player.
    Could you add this to the Rules thread? It was a bear trying to find it.

Also, my roster looks good. Blind bids will be e-mailed in a bit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

• To follow up on Wade's question and to make it clear for me, if I have the high bid on Johnny Benchwarmer at 2M going into the blind bids and I place the only blind bid for 4M, I would sign Johnny for 2M?
      Dan
      CKL - Maloy Boys
      P2PKL - Detroit Tigers

Comment

• Two other quick questions so we're all on the same page:

1 - If you receive all of the blind bids, will you announce the results before 9 pm on Sundays?

2 - If you do announce the results of the blind bids before 9 pm on Sundays, will the free agent period open at 10 pm Sunday?

I'd hate to have the blind bid results announced early and the free agent period opened up while some of us were waiting for Sunday night. It's okay if you announce early, I'd just hate to see anyone tune in late.
        Last edited by scubadan; 12-21-2012, 03:32 PM.
        Dan
        CKL - Maloy Boys
        P2PKL - Detroit Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by scubadan View Post
          Two other quick questions so we're all on the same page:

1 - If you receive all of the blind bids, will you announce the results before 9 pm on Sundays?

2 - If you do announce the results of the blind bids before 9 pm on Sundays, will the free agent period open at 10 pm Sunday?

I'd hate to have the blind bid results announced early and the free agent period opened up while some of us were waiting for Sunday night. It's okay if you announce early, I'd just hate to see anyone tune in late.
          I will not announce the results until Sunday
          Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

Comment

• Originally posted by scubadan View Post
            To follow up on Wade's question and to make it clear for me, if I have the high bid on Johnny Benchwarmer at 2M going into the blind bids and I place the only blind bid for 4M, I would sign Johnny for 2M?
            Absolutely correct
            Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

Comment

• Guys -I am working later than I expected tonight so he Blind Bid results won't be posted until 9:00pm Pacific Time (thats midnight for all you on the east coast yo) Free signing period will commense as soon as the results are posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmadachik View Post
                Guys -I am working later than I expected tonight so he Blind Bid results won't be posted until 9:00pm Pacific Time (thats midnight for all you on the east coast yo) Free signing period will commense as soon as the results are posted.
                Hope I get the guys I bid on, or I'll really get leftovers. Can't stay up that late tonight because I have an early day tomorrow, so I guess whoever remains tomorrow afternoon will constitute the rest of my roster.
                You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

• Originally posted by catcher24 View Post
                  Hope I get the guys I bid on, or I'll really get leftovers. Can't stay up that late tonight because I have an early day tomorrow, so I guess whoever remains tomorrow afternoon will constitute the rest of my roster.
                  The Kumquats have four bids out there with only two spots open. You will all see our acquisitions, if any, before I do, 'cuz I won't be available till tomorrow. If I got three or four players, I must keep two and trade/cut the other(s). PM me your preferences if you are interested. Will respond ASAP. Looking for 4th round pick(s). Jack
                  Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

• Can't you just farm them and bring them up during the season? (Obviously, trading can be good too, but you may not need to)
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

• Do we not have max roster sizes?

Standing offer of a fourth-round pick for any pitcher with over 400 BF, by the way. Pending cap space.
                      Tom Daly is also still available. So anyone with extra innings, or a full-time player rated at 3B, SS, or OF, who needs a second baseman, hit me up. I've got enough PAs to cover the season, but it's going to be tight, and having two full-time 2Bs isn't a big help.

Comment

• Here are the players who were up for the blind bid round

Ed Abbaticchio – 8M, Sharks - No new bids

Harry Aubrey – 2.25M, Pioneers - no new bids

Kitty Bransfield – 7M, Tigers - Jamestown 11.25M

Lefty Davis – 4M, Express - No new bids

Charlie DeArmond – 250K, Spiders - no new bids

Patsy Flaherty – 13.5M, Spiders - 17.75M Spiders

Harry Gleason – 2.25M, Kumquats - no new bids

Bill H. Hallman – 5M, Pioneers - no new bids

Tim Jordan – 6.5M, S;piders - Rams 9.75M

Herman Long – 1.75M, Kumquats - no new bids

Joe Marshall – 250K, Spiders - no new bids

George Merritt – 250K, Angels - no new bids

Charles B. Moran – 250K, Sharks - no new bids

Champ Osteen – 1.25M, Kumquats - no new bids

Ed Pinnance – 250K, Spiders - no new bids

Ed Poole – 8M, Bums - no new bids

John Skopec – 2M, Bums - 3M Laquey

Pinky Swander – 2M,Kumquats - no new bids

Gus Thompson – 2.75M, Bums - no new bids

George Van Haltren – 3M, Express - no new bids

Comment

• A couple owners geve me signing instructions. Rather than give anyone an unfair advantage I will post their first choices in the order that they gave them to me, and then will post more later

Lighthouse Point signs

Rip Reagan for 250k

Rams sign Ed Walker for 250k

Comment

• The Rams sign Alex Hardy.

Comment

• The Rams sign Warren McLaughlin.

Comment

• The Rams sign Connie McGeehan.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X