No announcement yet.

1903 Free Agency Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sharks will also sign Billy Sullivan and Buck Hooker (roll-eyes), both to $250k deals. Buck will be for 1 year, and Sullivan will be for 5.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

• Originally posted by Wade8813 View Post
      The Sharks will also sign Billy Sullivan and Buck Hooker (roll-eyes), both to $250k deals. Buck will be for 1 year, and Sullivan will be for 5.
      I know over in the CKL we limited guys signed during the free signing period to one year deals. I don't know if Rich did that here or not.
      You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

• You never know until it plays out, but I may have gotten the best deal in the FA draft. somewhere along the line I picked up Henry Schmidt for 1903. Schmidt played only 1 season in the ML, 1903. He pitched 301 innings and won 22 games for a middle of the pack Brooklyn team. His ERA wasn't very good, but he did win 22 games and had 29 CG in 36 starts. In any case, I picked up 301 IP and a whole lot of staff flexibility for $500K.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigRon View Post
          You never know until it plays out, but I may have gotten the best deal in the FA draft. somewhere along the line I picked up Henry Schmidt for 1903. Schmidt played only 1 season in the ML, 1903. He pitched 301 innings and won 22 games for a middle of the pack Brooklyn team. His ERA wasn't very good, but he did win 22 games and had 29 CG in 36 starts. In any case, I picked up 301 IP and a whole lot of staff flexibility for $500K.
          That would have been the rookie draft, and Schmidt was on my board. Didn't get a chance to draft him but might have considered it had he been available at a pick I had. Innings are always nice in this league, but I wouldn't count on Schmidt being more than a back-end rotation filler type.

Comment

• Originally posted by catcher24 View Post
            I know over in the CKL we limited guys signed during the free signing period to one year deals. I don't know if Rich did that here or not.
            Now that you mention it, I think he did. Oh well, I don't really care

Comment

• This is certainly a bit off topic for this thread, but I'd like to mention that I sure would like Joel and Ron to consider joining us over in the CKL. Both have proven themselves to be good owners. You guys both put together very good teams, and have been really involved with the league. The CKL could use you.
              You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

• yes - one year for players signed at the end of free agency to fill rostars
                Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything. ~Toby Harrah

Comment

• Originally posted by catcher24 View Post
                  This is certainly a bit off topic for this thread, but I'd like to mention that I sure would like Joel and Ron to consider joining us over in the CKL. Both have proven themselves to be good owners. You guys both put together very good teams, and have been really involved with the league. The CKL could use you.
                  I appreciate the vote of confidence, and as tempting as that is, I'm probably going to try to either go back to school or work soon, and shouldn't get involved in any more long-term things that require large time commitments.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X