X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragons bid 3.0 on Pat Carney

Comment

Originally posted by leecemark View Post
      --Dobbs is not a free agent according to the most recent DB and I'm sure he should not be. I remember him from my draft list last year, but somebody else got him first. The FA eligibles are actually pretty horrific. The highest OBP is .328, the highest SLG is .350 and only two players manage 500 PA. The pitching options aren't much better. Patsy Flarety is already at 10M and he is a below average pitcher - and the only guy who has over 200 IP.
      --If you have any real needs you probably ought to be checking which teams have surplusses at that position and trying to work out a trade. The Dragons have no real surplus in position layers but could trade a decent starter if we got a pitcher with a decent amount of innings (quality not so much an issue) and a fair price for the downgrade to our staff.
      --This is what I show as free agents from the updated DB;
      As posted - indirectly to The Express but open for all to see - I have 5 players rated at SS, 8 at CF, 5 at 1B and 5 at 2B. There is some overlap at position. Looking for small upgrades as to offense OR defense. Future picks also considered. One player available is Jimmy Ryan. In last year of contract, 15M salary. PM me. Thanks
      There are 10 kinds of people. Those who get binary and those who don't.

Comment

Inmates bid .500 on Tim Flood

Comment

Inmates bid .500 on Chief Zimmer

Comment

Inmates bid 1.000 on Ed Poole

Comment

Originally posted by jaybird_1981 View Post
              This is why I asked for an updated DB.
              Yeah. I'll go through tomorrow night (working all day) to compare and post all the guys that are free agents but for some reason are missing from the free agent lists (unless someone else does it first).
              You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

Originally posted by jaybird_1981 View Post
                Yeah you have to have the game. Here are just a few guys I have found so far not listed in the thread that are pretty good players:

Dave Brain
                John Ganzel
                Jack Sutthoff

I am sure there are more.
                All three of these players are on the Angels roster. John Ganzel and Dave Brain are signed through 1904, Jack Sutthoff through 1903 (available for trade if anyone needs an ace pitcher)
                My dream ballpark dimensions
                LF: 388 Feet...Height 37 Feet...LCF: 455 Feet...CF: 542 Feet...Height 35 Feet
                RCF: 471 Feet...RF: 400 Feet...Height 60 Feet
                Location....San Diego

Comment

According to my research John Dobbs was drafted by the New Orleans Barons in the 11th round of the 1901 re-draft and signed to a 2 year contract. The New Orleans Barons roster page (post #8) John Dobbs was a 1901 free agent signed through 1902. This would indicate that he is a free agent correct?
                  Location....San Diego

Comment

Jack McCarthy was drafted by the Jamestown Express in the 15th round of the 1901 re-draft and signed to a 2 year contract. I believe this makes him a free agent as well.
                    Location....San Diego

Comment

--I was feeling pretty good about the Dragons this season. We've got 7 above average pitchers with a couple stars and above average players at every position with a couple stars - and even an okay bench. Then I took a look at the competition and the Kumquats look significantly better. 7 everyday players with an OBP of .372 or better and 7 with SLG over .400. Their pitching looks at least as good as ours too. Kudos Jack, looks like your are the favorite going in.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockeye View Post
                        According to my research John Dobbs was drafted by the New Orleans Barons in the 11th round of the 1901 re-draft and signed to a 2 year contract. The New Orleans Barons roster page (post #8) John Dobbs was a 1901 free agent signed through 1902. This would indicate that he is a free agent correct?
                        Jack McCarthy was drafted by the Jamestown Express in the 15th round of the 1901 re-draft and signed to a 2 year contract. I believe this makes him a free agent as well.
                        My research concurs.
                        Dan
                        CKL - Maloy Boys
                        P2PKL - Detroit Tigers

Comment

The Rams are not looking to compete in 1903 and still need a good number of innings, so if you've got a full-time starter you can trade (quality is the furthest thing from an issue), let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by buppers View Post
                            As posted - indirectly to The Express but open for all to see - I have 5 players rated at SS, 8 at CF, 5 at 1B and 5 at 2B. There is some overlap at position. Looking for small upgrades as to offense OR defense. Future picks also considered. One player available is Jimmy Ryan. In last year of contract, 15M salary. PM me. Thanks
                            Ed, I sent you a PM. Not sure if you saw it or not.
                            Dan
                            CKL - Maloy Boys
                            P2PKL - Detroit Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by scubadan View Post
                              When you select the batting and pitching register, you need to select the option tab. There's a box you need to check in the space above where you can select positions. Both boxes need to be checked. Once you do that, the missing players will apear. My DMB software is on my computer at work so I can't be more specific.
                              Yeah, that did it Dan - but I didn't need to check both boxes. The boxes you're talking about are for multi-team players. For some strange reason, when I check the box to just show the combined records there are several guys that don't show up. When I check the box to show team specific records, they appear (even if the option to show combined record is unchecked). It seems like it would be just the opposite, and again I surmise that it has something to do with how the multi team players were entered in the home brew seasons.
                              You see, you spend a good deal of your life gripping a baseball and in the end it turns out that it was the other way around all the time. J. Bouton

Comment

McCarthy is definitely a FA. He's no longer on the Express roster.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X