No announcement yet.

1911 Free Agency Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that everyone has reached roster size 35, I'm going to pick up 2 players for the Rams.

Their roster is at 35, but they have 2 Uncarded players, Section 3, Paragraph H, Bullet 1.

H. FULL ROSTER
    1. At the conclusion of this entire process, every team must have 30 (35 – 1910-1916; 40 - 1917+) players under contract. Teams have the option of including players who did not play in real life, but are under contract, to reach this total.

We opt not to include the two inactive players.

Rams add:

George Moriarty
    Bill Davidson

Comment

• Originally posted by aleajactaest10044 View Post
      If I interpret correctly, you can only sign players that take you over 35 ACTIVE PLAYERS AFTER the season starts.

A point to clarify, can we drop players at this point with the understanding that the team will continue to pay the salary?
      As someone very sensitive to roster sizes and FA signings, I noted in your roster file posted in Off-Season Thread 1910-11 #131 that three teams (ANA, TEN, and LAQ) are currently over 35. Are all of those overages due to inactive players? If not, why are the rosters OK at over 35?

Jack
      Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

• Originally posted by aleajactaest10044 View Post
        If I interpret correctly, you can only sign players that take you over 35 ACTIVE PLAYERS AFTER the season starts.

A point to clarify, can we drop players at this point with the understanding that the team will continue to pay the salary?
        I think things have kind of gone back and forth on this. If I remember correctly, originally, we had it set up so that only teams who were under could sign, but then once they were, there was a free signing period before the season starts. Personally, this makes the most sense to me - if everyone is at the minimum, I see no reason to wait before the free signing period.

Originally posted by dust bunnies View Post
        As someone very sensitive to roster sizes and FA signings, I noted in your roster file posted in Off-Season Thread 1910-11 #131 that three teams (ANA, TEN, and LAQ) are currently over 35. Are all of those overages due to inactive players? If not, why are the rosters OK at over 35?

Jack
        My understanding of things is that during the bidding, you are allowed to go up to the maximum of 40 players; it's only during the free-signing period that we restrict which teams have priority on acquiring players.

That said, looking at the rules, there's some possible confusion, because we switched from having 30 min / 35 max, to 35 min / 40 max. At least one of the rules just states that teams aren't allowed to go over 35, and doesn't clarify if that's 35 from when it was the previous maximum, or if it's 35 as the current minimum.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X